NBA playoffs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NBA playoffs

Reaction Score
Refs have been letting everything go so far through the first few days, I like it
Funny to hear LeBron and Embiid both complain about the refs in their pressers. Their teams and them (in that order) just rely on being reffed a certain way sometimes to the great frustration of everyone except their fans. . . But instead of complaining about the refs, LeBron missed a wide open 3 with 13 seconds left. That was the game there, and gave Murray his chance.

Murray's shot was unreal. Lakers wasted not just a great LeBron performance on offense (with some fantastic defense as well), but they pretty much have to win games when DLo is as good as that.

Both Nuggets-Lakers games have been great. There have been 6-straight exceptional playoff games between those two teams, and the Nuggets are 6-0.

Reaction Score
The lower ranked teams have not won a single game yet. I know for the Game 1 round alone, that was the first time that's happened in quite a long while (ever?). Now we've had three Game 2s, and it's still holding up so far.

Reaction Score
Funny to hear LeBron and Embiid both complain about the refs in their pressers. Their teams and them (in that order) just rely on being reffed a certain way sometimes to the great frustration of everyone except their fans. . . But instead of complaining about the refs, LeBron missed a wide open 3 with 13 seconds left. That was the game there, and gave Murray his chance.

Murray's shot was unreal. Lakers wasted not just a great LeBron performance on offense (with some fantastic defense as well), but they pretty much have to win games when DLo is as good as that.

Both Nuggets-Lakers games have been great. There have been 6-straight exceptional playoff games between those two teams, and the Nuggets are 6-0.
Lebron and Embiid complaining about the refs that’s rich, 2 of the biggest free throw mercenaries in the league especially Embiid.

Reaction Score
I think the Lakers can beat every team in the playoffs, except the one they keep running into.

Porter plays like an all-star against them damn near every game.

Reaction Score
I think the Lakers can beat every team in the playoffs, except the one they keep running into.

Porter plays like an all-star against them damn near every game.
I'm really impressed with Michael Porter Jr. in these first two games. Both his brothers ruined their lives, that's a hell of an emotional and mental distraction.

The Nuggets haven't played well but he's brought it.

Reaction Score
I was hoping he’d get one more. Not a LeBron fan or hater, but it’s cool to see someone at his age dominate the way he has and do it without any real scandals or bad behavior. Doesn’t look like it’s in the cards
The supporting cast/bench has been putrid. Vincent, Dinwiddie, Hayes, etc were brought in to have an impact and have been awful. Vincent got 11 mil a year somehow.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I watched a handful of Bucks games early in the year and they looked smooth and connected.

I'm watching tonight's game vs Pacers and the Bucks look like they went back to early aughts ISO ball. And so many uncontested 3s on D. I guess that's the impact of Doc Rivers?

Our ball movement has spoiled me when it comes to watching hoops.

(AJax finally came in with 4 mins left, immediately got 2 assists)

Reaction Score
I watched a handful of Bucks games early in the year and they looked smooth and connected.

I'm watching tonight's game vs Pacers and the Bucks look like they went back to early aughts ISO ball. And so many uncontested 3s on D. I guess that's the impact of Doc Rivers?

Doc is terrible, it was a ridiculous hire.

Watch the Nuggets.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
LUKA. DONCIC!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score

(AJax finally came in with 4 mins left, immediately got 2 assists)
Same with me. I like watching the Nuggets offense or the championship Warriors offense, but boy did I hate watching the Suns offense tonight-it was all low percentage one-on-one ball which explains the loss.

Reaction Score
Can anybody explain what the hell is going on with reffing/the rules in the playoffs? I get allowing physical play for the playoffs. We're getting games in the 90's now instead of the 130's during the regular season but I no longer know what a foul is. I've now seen a bunch of foul calls that go to reviews in these first round games where guys are whacked on the arm and they reverse the call and say it's not a foul.

Reaction Score
These two are just a bit out of control...

No shock. Excellent player, not a likable person off court.
They do this stuff a good amount. It’s bad looks for Jokic. They should just not be allowed to come to the games at this point.

Brothers are idiots, not allowed to games? not just that, they should be thrown in jail, red necks living off of their brother.

Last edited:
Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Can anybody explain what the hell is going on with reffing/the rules in the playoffs? I get allowing physical play for the playoffs. We're getting games in the 90's now instead of the 130's during the regular season but I no longer know what a foul is. I've now seen a bunch of foul calls that go to reviews in these first round games where guys are whacked on the arm and they reverse the call and say it's not a foul.
I think the league might be on to something. The NBA has been so scrutinized with gambling allegations and games being fixed, the allstar game sure didn’t help the ratings.

Think league is trying to eliminate any conspiracy theories. It’s also the playoffs so the intensity is a lot different.

There’s a reason that guy from Toronto got a lifetime ban, the league was trying to make an example out of him. People actually do believe games are being fixed, it’s even been talked about in sports media.

Last edited:

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Same with me. I like watching the Nuggets offense or the championship Warriors offense, but boy did I hate watching the Suns offense tonight-it was all low percentage one-on-one ball which explains the loss.
AJax in 5 minutes: One offensive rebound, one steal, two assists, two points. That's a busy five minutes.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Looks like I was right about Hawkins, Ajax and Sanogo getting playing time. Yes I am a UConn homer but I’m also right the evidence is there.

caw

Reaction Score
Looks like I was right about Hawkins, Ajax and Sanogo getting playing time. Yes I am a UConn homer but I’m also right the evidence is there.

I mean Sanogo was A) not drafted and B) on the Bulls with two players ahead of him.

Hawk is on perhaps the deepest team in the NBA that is suddenly healthy for the first time in years.

Jackson was getting PT before they switched coaches.

Not sure what the flex your making is?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
AJax in 5 minutes: One offensive rebound, one steal, two assists, two points. That's a busy five minutes.
The odd thing about his brief garbage time appearance - he spent a lot of time not moving on both ends. So used to him being everywhere at once, but guess that's just not what Doc wants from him.

Reaction Score
No shock. Excellent player, not a likable person off court.

Brothers are idiots, not allowed to games? not just that, they should be thrown in jail, red necks living off of their brother.
Jokic is the most likable superstar in all of sports. Totally humble, always about the team and respect for the opponent, doesn't care at all about individual awards, goes out of his way to play with kids at the games, has a great sense of humor etc.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
There was actually a pretty good WSJ article on this a few days ago:

Midway through this season, the NBA had a strange problem: Its players were too good. Teams were scoring more efficiently than ever, stars were putting up 60 and 70 points in a single game and there was absolutely nothing that defenses could do about it.

So the league set about fixing things.

In early March, basketball fans began to notice a subtle but consequential shift in the sport. Referees forgave a little more contact from defenders. They were more suspicious of star players who flopped and flailed on their way to the rim. And in a mid-March memo to teams, the NBA confirmed that its competition committee “continues to evaluate the state of offensive vs. defensive balance.”

Put simply: The NBA was making defense legal again.

The numbers show just how much tougher it has gotten to score. Between February’s All-Star break and the start of the playoffs, scoring dropped leaguewide by eight points per game. There were six 60-plus point scorers before the break—and there has been only one since.

Saturday’s opening slate of playoff games continued the trend. In the first matchup of the day, the Cleveland Cavaliers held the Orlando Magic to just 83 points—the lowest total for a Cavs opponent all season. Across four games, three teams failed to crack 100 points.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom