OT: - NBA Playoffs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Refs handing out double techs for every disagreement really needs to end. Not sure when it became an automatic thing because when I was a kid it wasn't like this, but the refs just inserted themselves in this Clippers/Mavs game by tossing Porzingis.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Refs handing out double techs for every disagreement really needs to end. Not sure when it became an automatic thing because when I was a kid it wasn't like this, but the refs just inserted themselves in this Clippers/Mavs game by tossing Porzingis.
The ESPN ref sticking up for his buddies was even better. Nobody wants Porzingis out of the game.

Reaction Score
That "Walker, stepback" call from Spero Dedes on the call tonight syncs up well with Dave Pasch's from the 2011 BET against Pitt.

Reaction Score
Thankfully we have this Mavs/Clips series. The first round is an absolute snoozer across the board otherwise.

Reaction Score
Thankfully we have this Mavs/Clips series. The first round is an absolute snoozer across the board otherwise.

It usually is a snooze fest. Best of 5 makes it so much more exciting. That’s the one thing Silver needs to change

Reaction Score
It usually is a snooze fest. Best of 5 makes it so much more exciting. That’s the one thing Silver needs to change

Problem with having an 82 game season: You need to reward the teams who did the best during it, otherwise why did you play so many freaking games. So they're constantly trying to find that balance between boring and not a big enough advantage to the best regular season teams. That and 7 game series usually gives between 8 and up to 16 more games of playoff revenue.

Reaction Score
Great live reveal of the Coach of the Year presentation to Nick Nurse by his high school coach, then delivery of the trophy by Van Fleet and Lowry.

Got a little misty in my living room.

Reaction Score
Problem with having an 82 game season: You need to reward the teams who did the best during it, otherwise why did you play so many freaking games. So they're constantly trying to find that balance between boring and not a big enough advantage to the best regular season teams. That and 7 game series usually gives between 8 and up to 16 more games of playoff revenue.
They also want to guarantee each team/city two home games.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

So good. Kemba was huge tonight. That Raptors series is going to be fun.

Doing it to Al Horford makes it special
I did like Horford with the Celts - he just looks out of place in Philly

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Kobe would be proud. He missed his share of 3's (some airballs) but when the game is on the line (all through the 4th Q and OT, he came up big, bigger, biggest. Not sure I have seen a better playoff game performance. His team down 2-1, Lose this and just pop the bubble,

And welcome to the world of Porzingas. 7' 3" guy will be battling injuries for his entire career.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Luka is unreal good. He makes everything.

OldBosd

BBQ Beer Freedom!!!
Reaction Score
Luka is going to get better which is crazy.

He did it on Kobe's birthday. Somehow feels fitting.

Reaction Score
Kobe would be proud. He missed his share of 3's (some airballs) but when the game is on the line (all through the 4th Q and OT, he came up big, bigger, biggest. Not sure I have seen a better playoff game performance. His team down 2-1, Lose this and just pop the bubble,

And welcome to the world of :porzingas. 7' 3" guy will be battling injuries for his entire career.
That's the only thing that will stop them from winning multiple championships. If they get a big time wing and Porzingis stays healthy it may be lights out for the rest of the league next season.

Reaction Score
Looks like he listened to what you posted Friday night.
That's what's crazy, his three point shooting and ft's are subpar for a superstar with his talents. I argued with posters on here who said he was about at his ceiling even before this season started because he's not elite athletically. Just wait until his three point percentage gets to the high 30's and ft's get to mid 80's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom