OT: - NBA Playoffs | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think they beat the Raptors.

I doubt they get past the Bucks in the ECF or the Clips/Lakers in the finals. This coming from the biggest Celtics homer their is.

Agreed. Celts match up well with Raps, but horrendously against the Bucks. Celtics play a lot of drop PnR coverage and so Lopez can kill them. Nobody really has a good matchup against Giannis, but the Celts don't have that Adebayo type that is probably the best choice (mobile, thick waist, 6'9+, and long arms). That and Middleton becomes a raging inferno every time he plays the Celtics in the playoffs.

Think the Celts could hang with the Clips (underdogs but 6 or 7 game series). Lakers would probably be a tougher matchup because they have nobody to bang against LeBron and Timelord isn't ready for primetime, although I think eventually he could become a guy that could guard AD.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I wouldn't read too much into the Celtics margin of victory. There are so many injuries in the bubble that players do not want to risk an injury down 20 late in the second half of a game 1. Toronto may have put up a little more fight if that was a Game 5.

Nice game by the Celtics though. They looked good.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't read too much into the Celtics margin of victory. There are so many injuries in the bubble that players do not want to risk an injury down 20 late in the second half of a game 1. Toronto may have put up a little more fight if that was a Game 5.

That and Toronto shot horrendously and Celtics well, but I do think some of that is due to Celtics excellent D prep. They've known this matchup was coming for a while and Stevens is one of the best.

Reaction Score
Not sure how or why but 538sports, an analytical sports web site, has the Celtics with the 2nd best chance of winning the NBA Championship.

Reaction Score
Not sure how or why but 538sports, an analytical sports web site, has the Celtics with the 2nd best chance of winning the NBA Championship.

Bucks and Lakers seem really low to me. 6% and 7%? I'd put those 2 just below the Clippers with the Celts and Raps 4th/5th.

I wonder if they are taking into account the loss of Hayward. Or maybe overrating the Celtics bench. IDK

Reaction Score

The Celtics were up by like 17 in the second quarter. They also beat Toronto in the bubble by 22 the last time they played.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Is the bubble the reason for injuries or maybe the injured players, to some degree, did not prepare properly for the season restart?
Is the enclosed environment more conducive to injuries? I happen to think not

Reaction Score
Is the bubble the reason for injuries or maybe the injured players, to some degree, did not prepare properly for the season restart?
Think I speak for everyone on the board that we groan reading your posts.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

You are right. No one has gotten hurt in the restart. My bad.

Reaction Score
That and Toronto shot horrendously and Celtics well, but I do think some of that is due to Celtics excellent D prep. They've known this matchup was coming for a while and Stevens is one of the best.

expect a reverse blowout game 2. so predictable

Reaction Score
how is middleton an all star?

looks like a glorified danny green who can’t take over a game

Last edited:
Reaction Score
how is middleton an all star?

looks like a glorified danny green who can’t take over a game
I didn't watch the game but MIddleton had 28. The Bucks are your just your classic regular season team, they put up gaudy win totals every year but build a wall around Giannis come playoff time and they just aren't that good, they're all really predictable and mechanical.

Reaction Score
Man, the Rockets are losers. Paul and Galinari are the only guys who can score on OKC's whole team and it's going to a game 7.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Man, the Rockets are losers. Paul and Galinari are the only guys who can score on OKC's whole team and it's going to a game 7.
The real question is which contender bites the bullet on Paul's contract this off season?

Reaction Score

From an NBA standpoint few things make me quite as happy as watching Russell Westbrook take a big dump down the stretch of a playoff game.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Bucks choked last night. The just wasted 5 possessions in the last 4 minutes or so with long, contested pullups or stupid turnovers. That said, if they had 30 minutes of Bledsoe, the Game 1 outcome would have probably been different.

I think Houston vs. OKC is just a great series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom