NBA Playoffs 2023

why do you like the celtics?

• sixers

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • celtics

Votes: 65 82.3%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
You don't grab someone's legs with both hands. Warriors are going the other way with the ball and Sabonis intentionally grabs his leg to not let him run.
You don’t stomp a guy in the chest, is what I think you meant to say.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It seems like Green had no choice but to do so and tried to do it lightly. Which is why he jumped.

I don’t think he’d intentionally do that in a tight playoff game with how all eyes are already on him. He can’t be that dumb lol

Reaction Score
You don't step on the guy grabbing your leg with both hands if you're Draymond and the other guy is Sabonis.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He wound up that stomp.

He is that dumb.
I don’t know if he wound up or if Sabonis pulled his foot down from his grabbing. It’s hard to tell.

If that’s Lebron he probably doesn’t get ejected.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It seems like Green had no choice but to do so and tried to do it lightly. Which is why he jumped.

I don’t think he’d intentionally do that in a tight playoff game with how all eyes are already on him. He can’t be that dumb lol

It is not dumb when there are never any real consequences for his actions. Green got into it with Lebron in the NBA finals a few years ago. Do you think he thinks the NBA will do anything to him for a cheap shot to a player on freaking Sacramento?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It is not dumb when there are never any real consequences for his actions. Green got into it with Lebron in the NBA finals a few years ago. Do you think he thinks the NBA will do anything to him for a cheap shot to a player on freaking Sacramento?
I think getting ejected in an important playoff game that your team goes on to lose is a pretty real consequence.

Reaction Score
You don't step on the guy grabbing your leg with both hands if you're Draymond and the other guy is Sabonis.
Sabonis got a flagrant, it’s not like he got off scott-free.

Draymond STOMPED on his chest. How many angles do you need to see to prove that you’re wrong here?

Reaction Score
I don’t know if he wound up or if Sabonis pulled his foot down from his grabbing. It’s hard to tell.

If that’s Lebron he probably doesn’t get ejected.
Ah, the trusty LeBron comparison for no good reason. Never fails.

Reaction Score
Sabonis got a flagrant, it’s not like he got off scott-free.

Draymond STOMPED on his chest. How many angles do you need to see to prove that you’re wrong here?
He didn't stomp on his chest, he put his foot down on him and pushed off of him as he went running down the court. I saw the play live and have seen it probably 20 times since.

Reaction Score
He didn't stomp on his chest, he put his foot down on him and pushed off of him as he went running down the court. I saw the play live and have seen it probably 20 times since.
All that tells me is you’ve watched a play 20+ times and are seeing it wrong every time.

Reaction Score
1681797460067.jpeg

Reaction Score
It’s one of those dirty euro tactics then Sabonis tries to play the innocent victim when Draymond responds.

If someone is grabbing your leg and other leg is trapped against Sabonis legs what are you supposed to do. Draymond made an instant reaction if he recoiled to kick him that would be one thing, meaning he had ample time to respond. There was nothing Draymond did after the fact.

I’m not the biggest Draymond but a lot of this does seem to be targeted outrage by people on message boards and social media. Whatever happened to just banging each guy with a tech then play on, it’s the playoffs.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Lmao…Are you guys serious?

He did indeed stomp. Intent to injure. he paused on on leg, deciding to step over or stomp, and stomped. Hopefully a multi game suspension for that. People saying it was Green’s rep. Come on. Take off the blinders. He’s the biggest P O S in the NBA and has been for years.

Reaction Score
People are going to get pissy about Dray's ejection, but he absolutely deserves no benefit of the doubt from zebras or anyone else. You reap what you sow. He's been pulling this for years and it's catching up to him.

Looks to me like the call was right anyways. Sabonis wrapped up his leg and should have got a flagrant. Draymond pretty clearly stomped on his chest... flagrant 2 in my book.

Reaction Score
He did indeed stomp. Intent to injure. he paused on on leg, deciding to step over or stomp, and stomped. Hopefully a multi game suspension for that. People saying it was Green’s rep. Come on. Take off the blinders. He’s the biggest P O S in the NBA and has been for years.
Lol at thinking Draymond should get a multi game suspension. Ya ok it’s not his reputation then you add in that last sentence. It was a half second response no intent to injure.

It’s playoffs things get heated, basketball is a physical sport if Draymond gets suspended that would be pathetic and that’s why the NBA gets the soft label.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There is a lot of officiating that is "conventional wisdom" that is not in a rule book anywhere. My biggest problem is the way offensive fouls are called. Apparently, starting in the late 80's with Duke, it became necessary to fall backwards to draw a charge call. This is incredibly dangerous for everyone on the court, in addition to be obviously stupid for rewarding players for falling down.

I made that post on April 6, 2014, and my position on this has not changed at all. Ja Morant and Giannis Antetokounmpo are both hurt because the defender flopped rather than remained upright in an attempt to draw fouls on Morant and Antetokounmpo. The vast majority of officials will not call the charge unless the defender flops. There is no flop requirement anywhere in any rule book at any level, so why do referees continue to encourage such a dangerous play?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Man. I don’t think either of those 3 can touch a candle to the top 3 in east. Boston is best team, Bucks are a title caliber team and Embiid is most dominating player in the league.

Suns have no chemistry, golden state is off, and I just don’t think lakers have enough talent. They get credit for being better, but a healthy TWolves team better than them.

We’ll see, but Durant and the Suns have played exactly 12 games together. That matters.
I’ll never trust a team with Harden as a #2 to be legit contenders, Jayson Tatum is not a #1 on a championship team imo even though they by far have the best roster in the NBA, and I don’t think the Bucks have a good enough two.

The best perimeter stars are in the West. Those are the guys that win these things imo. I’d trust Lebron, KD, or Steph to make big plays down the stretch over Harden, Jrue Holiday, or Tatum. A team can gameplan for Embiid and Giannas if you have the bodies.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I'm not going to defend Draymond, because he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt and when you see his foot land on the guy's chest, it's tough not to call something.

However, I find it pretty funny that his reputation has allowed everyone to ignore Sabonis grabbing both of his legs as he's starting his stride down the court - not exactly sure how he was supposed to NOT step on him somehow when his leg is midair and caught by 2 grown man arms.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’ll never trust a team with Harden as a #2 to be legit contenders, Jayson Tatum is not a #1 on a championship team imo even though they by far have the best roster in the NBA, and I don’t think the Bucks have a good enough two.

The best perimeter stars are in the West. Those are the guys that win these things imo. I’d trust Lebron, KD, or Steph to make big plays down the stretch over Harden, Jrue Holiday, or Tatum. A team can gameplan for Embiid and Giannas if you have the bodies.
Nah, that's old school thinking. Tatum can certainly lead a team to a title. Damn near did last year and they learned from it and added Brogdan. If Williams was healthy they probably win. I'm not sure GS is getting past the Kings. The Lakers have no depth at all. The Suns, yes, there is lots of talent, but KD and Paul aren't spring chickens anymore and the playoffs are a grind.

Reaction Score

Interesting view. I probably disagree with all of it.

And weird on Tatum. He is a No. 1 on a title team by metrics, eye test and past results. They Should have won it last year. Giannis and Embiid are two dominant players in nba. Giannis has a title. Embiid is the mvp.

Lebron and stef will be lucky to get out of first round. KD is gonna lose to the clippers.

Shaking up as a Celtics/Bucks and Nuggets final.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Nah, that's old school thinking. Tatum can certainly lead a team to a title. Damn near did last year and they learned from it and added Brogdan. If Williams was healthy they probably win. I'm not sure GS is getting past the Kings. The Lakers have no depth at all. The Suns, yes, there is lots of talent, but KD and Paul aren't spring chickens anymore and the playoffs are a grind.
What’s old school thinking? When’s the last time a team with a big won the Finals?

Last year is my whole reason why I don’t think the Celtics can get it done. Tatum blew it in the Finals and even this year in comparison to other top scorers in the league, he shot a low FG%.

GS definitely has to worry about the Kings first and foremost. And if we’re worried about some of the older guys making it through the playoffs without injury I think that’s very valid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom