NBA Free Agency | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NBA Free Agency

Reaction Score
NO needs a big BAD. Gotta think they’re targeting one in any Ingram trade
Sounds like it might be the Kings which wouldn't be great for Hawkins. Have to assume that deal has Barnes and Huerter coming back to match salaries and Huerter gives you a lot of what Hawkins does. At least for right now

Reaction Score
Sounds like it might be the Kings which wouldn't be great for Hawkins. Have to assume that deal has Barnes and Huerter coming back to match salaries and Huerter gives you a lot of what Hawkins does. At least for right now
That sucks. They pretty much only have Missi and Zeller(I think) at Center right now.

Reaction Score

Castle wants to be a primary PG, and now he gets to learn from of one of the best PGs to ever play (3rd in assists all time).

Castle honestly hit the jackpot.

One of the greatest sports organizations ever
Coached by one of the greatest coaches ever
Mentored by one of the greatest point guards ever
Playing with the most talented up and coming player

He was such a team player for UConn, could have gone to another place and showcased all of his skills more, but instead he played into a system and won. I think that was one of the reasons the Spurs were drawn to him, but he deserves all this.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Castle wants to be a primary PG, and now he gets to learn from of one of the best PGs to ever play (3rd in assists all time).

Not sure he’d see this as positive. Also, “star”? The NBA is ridiculous about “name” guys. CP is an aging former star now better suited to a backup role. Hopefully they are viewing him as a mentor for Steph.

Reaction Score
Not sure he’d see this as positive. Also, “star”? The NBA is ridiculous about “name” guys. CP is an aging former star now better suited to a backup role. Hopefully they are viewing him as a mentor for Steph.
It's only a 1 yr deal for CP3, so while it may impact his playing time this season, I imagine he'll see the long-term benefit of learning from one of the top PGs ever. No one better than CP3 to teach Castle how to throw the lob to Wemby.

Regarding 'star'.. these reporters will write anything the agents/players want to continue getting the inside scoop on news.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He’s the perfect guy to come in and teach Castle what it takes to be a NBA PG. I don’t think he can ask for a much better active vet there.

CP3 was also with OKC back in 2019 doing the same mentorship for SGA. They almost went to the playoffs that year.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

Was hoping he'd come to the Knicks, but this is a decent spot

Thought OKC could’ve been a good fit for Andre there but I suppose not.

Weird seeing him be in Philly after his beef with Joel.

Reaction Score
As long as CP3's signing doesn't come at the expense of Castle's minutes and development, this is great. He's learning under one of the best coaches to ever do it and one of the best PGs to ever do it. Just hope Coach Pop understands that the Spurs aren't ready to compete yet and CP3's value to the team is more as a leader and mentor, than it is as a #2 guy

Was a little worried when the Pelicans brought in Murray but then learned that they shipped out Daniels and then lost Naji. Assuming Ingram will be traded and it depends who they get back there. If I'm New Orleans, I'm looking for a big man instead of a wing. Valanciunas just left and they have a hole at the 5. Slot in Trey Murphy as a starter and have a bench core of Alvarado/Hawkins/Herb Jones. A few too many cooks in the kitchen right now with Murray/CJ/BI, but pending other offseason moves (and Zion's health of course), this team could look a lot better

Drummond is the ultimate journey man and I'm glad he's still working his way into contracts despite his playstyle being obsolete for close to a decade. The big man meta is kind of coming back and he's taking advantage! Assuming Chicago will try to move into a rebuild but that's fully dependent on the trade market for Lavine (assuming DeRozan will sign somewhere else). If Vucevic decides he wants to play for a winner and gets moved, there are a LOT of minutes to fill at the Center spot..Sanogo? :)

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Drummond is the ultimate journey man and I'm glad he's still working his way into contracts despite his playstyle being obsolete for close to a decade. The big man meta is kind of coming back and he's taking advantage! Assuming Chicago will try to move into a rebuild but that's fully dependent on the trade market for Lavine (assuming DeRozan will sign somewhere else). If Vucevic decides he wants to play for a winner and gets moved, there are a LOT of minutes to fill at the Center spot..Sanogo? :)
Even during the down years the teams that had bigs of a certain archetype won (guys who were just good in the paint).

• Warriors with Bogut and McGee
  • Lakers with Dwight Howard and McGee
  • Warriors with Looney
  • Cavs Tristan Thompson was huge

Being a big who can shoot has never been necessary to win and Andre suffered from thinking it was. He’s finally embraced what he should be doing and finding success.

Lively had an amazing rookie playoff run doing very simple things. It’s part of the reason all this 3 point talk frustrates me because guys literally hold back their careers trying to prioritize it.

Reaction Score
Thought OKC could’ve been a good fit for Andre there but I suppose not.

Weird seeing him be in Philly after his beef with Joel.
Seems like OKC will end up with Hartenstein. Though for obvious reasons I hope that doesn't happen and he's back with the Knicks

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Seems like OKC will end up with Hartenstein. Though for obvious reasons I hope that doesn't happen and he's back with the Knicks
That’s a good move for them. I thought I read somewhere that Hartenstein might be interested in taking a discount to stay in NY too. But we’ll see what happens.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Nevermind

Also another moves that moves the 3 point shooting Center to the 4 for a guy that just knows how to handle the paint.

Reaction Score

Is OKC is in the top3 in the West along with Dallas & Minny?
Or still a top 4 despite Denver losing a starter and still with no bench.

Clippers lose best player
Golden St likely rebuilding & not getting LeBron
LAL selling tix
Memphis need sustained proof that Ja is back to being Ja

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

LAL selling tix
Wouldn’t be surprised if this makes OKC the best team in the West at this point. Their squad is loaded.

Reaction Score
Dolan coudve sealed the deal if he really wanted to. All he had to do was put 100 mill in cash in a Gucci or Versace bag and give it to Leon Rose to hand to Ihart on top of what the Knicks could offer. Hush hush done deal, gotta find a way to beat the system.

Reaction Score

LAL selling tix
They're #1 in the West, Denver and Minnesota a close 2nd and 3rd. The reality is the likely top 6 teams in the NBA are in 2 divisions with those 3 and then Boston/Knicks/Philly in the East

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom