NBA Finals | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NBA Finals

So?

• Total voters
Reaction Score
The Raptors are creating great looks much more easily. That doesn't necessarily mean they will win but it's a huge advantage. GSW is collapsing on Kawhi but Toronto has good enough guard/wing defenders that they can play straight up.

Reaction Score
GSW has such bad transition D tonight but the Raptors choked that 3rd quarter away. Did Klay just get hurt trying to sell a 3 point foul?

Reaction Score
Warriors are gimpy as all hell but they are just tough as nails. Cousins was huge, Bogut was also a difference maker.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't understand why Green was not fouled as soon as he got the ball. He is a 69.6% free throw shooter, and he could have been fouled with about 18 seconds left.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why Green was not fouled as soon as he got the ball. He is a 69.6% free throw shooter, and he could have been fouled with about 18 seconds left.
The way the games are called he might need to be kneecapped. Just brutal officiating. Game is too quick for most.

Reaction Score
If the Warriors go on to win this series which I think they will all the focus needs to be on that stretch where the Warriors had 22 buckets on 22 assists. No Durant, no Klay for much of the fourth, no Looney, Curry was sick, Iggy is gimpy and they found a way. Winning time it was Cousins with a sprinkling of Bogut, Curry, Draymond, Quinn Cook, Livingston, and Iggy.

Reaction Score
As long as KD leaves it’s all a win for NBA fans, to have a 73 win team add a top 3 player in the league has made the last couple of years pretty subdued. KD leaving shall re tilt the NBA landscape for the better.

Reaction Score
The Warriors never solved that box and one. Kerr got lucky.

Reaction Score
If the Warriors go on to win this series which I think they will all the focus needs to be on that stretch where the Warriors had 22 buckets on 22 assists. No Durant, no Klay for much of the fourth, no Looney, Curry was sick, Iggy is gimpy and they found a way. Winning time it was Cousins with a sprinkling of Bogut, Curry, Draymond, Quinn Cook, Livingston, and Iggy.

Yea they won the game early in the 3rd and Cook did have huge shots during that period. Both teams sucked down the stretch but at least the Warriors had a very valid excuse. The Raptors were channeling the 18 Rockets with their inability to hit wide open 3s.

Reaction Score
The Warriors never solved that box and one. Kerr got lucky.

Steph just referred to it as "janky" defense and said it was disrespectful to Iggy.

Reaction Score
Steph just referred to it as "janky" defense and said it was disrespectful to Iggy.
He said leaving Iggy wide open is disrespectful because he has a history of being left wide open in big moments and he makes those shots.

Reaction Score
He said leaving Iggy wide open is disrespectful because he has a history of being left wide open in big moments and he makes those shots.
Box & one did seem simplistic for an NBA coach to throw out in the last 4 minutes of a finals game, but it pretty much worked - defense wasn't the issue for the Raptors down the stretch.

At end I couldn't believe Van Gundy was critical of Iggy for shooting 'too early' in the shot clock. It was 3-4 seconds tops before the clock expired and they weren't getting a better shot than a very, very wide open three. Basketball players need to make the correct basketball plays. I don't know what % Iggy shoots on wide open three's, but unless he had a pass to someone for a layup, its a shot he should take every time - they needed to score with just a two point lead.

I blame the lack of Toronto offense down the stretch on Kyle Lowry for the stupid reach in foul with about 4 minutes left. You cannot be that dumb when you are the PG. At every level players are castigated for picking up unnecessary, back-court reach-in fouls. Definitely not having Lowry was a factor in Toronto's offense sputtering. Crazy that GSt had 106 with 5 and a half left, didn't score again until the Iggy shot and it was enough to win.

Reaction Score
the box and 1 on Curry (which worked) reminded me of a Curry game at Davidson where the opposing team double and triple teamed Curry the entire game and literally left other players unguarded for wide open layups. Davidson easily won but Curry didn't even score. I believe this was when he was leading the country in scoring. Does anyone remember this? so bizarre

Reaction Score
the box and 1 on Curry (which worked) reminded me of a Curry game at Davidson where the opposing team double and triple teamed Curry the entire game and literally left other players unguarded for wide open layups. Davidson easily won but Curry didn't even score. I believe this was when he was leading the country in scoring. Does anyone remember this? so bizarre
Yes, I think that was a triangle & two, as I recall the coach who employed it got a lot of media attention when Steph blew up nationally.

Reaction Score
Just curious.

I made it a poll dummies!

Reaction Score
On the preview show Paul Pierce just admitted that he scalitoed himself in the NBA Finals wheelchair game v the Lakers.

Reaction Score
This seems like it's going to get ugly. Maybe Steph can have a legendary performance. They just don't have any shooting to surround him.

Reaction Score
Yes. I love the NBA. The product on the court in this era is great. The gossip and drama and media chatter is annoying to me but the actual games are awesome.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Just curious.

I made it a poll dummies!

Nope. Not at all.

Just not interested this year - not sure why not.

Reaction Score
Sorta. It's been on as background noise in my apartment.

Reaction Score
I don’t think Curry is enough of a superstar to carry a game like this. I know losing Durant and Thompson is huge but what would Kobe, Lebron, Bird, Magic do at home in this game in the same spot?

It’s KDs team and they’re in serious trouble if he stays out any longer.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I don’t think Curry is enough of a superstar to carry a game like this. I know losing Durant and Thompson is huge but what would Kobe, Lebron, Bird, Magic do at home in this game in the same spot?

It’s KDs team and they’re in serious trouble if he stays out any longer.

Lebron was in this situation. See the 2015 finals. He didn’t have Kyrie or Kevin love.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom