NBA Finals | The Boneyard

NBA Finals

So?

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Great game. Siakam's finishing has been amazing. The Dubs are doubling Kawhi and forcing him to pass and fortunately the complementary players are showing up. Knock on wood. I don't feel safe with a 15 point GSW deficit.

I can't remember rooting for a non UConn team like this.

Reaction Score
14-17 from Siakam from the floor (and on at least 1 of those 3 misses he got his own rebound and scored).

Not going to win on the road when a guy does that.

Reaction Score
It felt the whole way through that GS might come back at any moment and they almost did at times. Siakam was huge obviously. I would have to imagine a healthy KD keeps him somewhat in check tho. But then he was getting crazy shots to go with Draymond on him for much of the game, so, who knows.

Reaction Score
Iggy getting hurt at the end could be a killer. Even though he was getting help he did great defending Kawhi. I think the Raptors win in 6 unless KD comes back.

Reaction Score
Just saw this on Twitter. FVV held Curry to 2 points on the 29 possessions he guarded him. And 6 points on the 68 possessions he guarded him this season. His ability to get over picks stood out but I had no idea it was like this. Curry still had a good game so he must have cooked everyone else. His foul hunting did piss me off though.

Reaction Score
Cheering for GSW for no other reason than to confirm that KD and DC are unlikable, unnecessary, bandwagon hoppers.
Come on GS, this will be the only time I ever root for you.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Cheering for GSW for no other reason than to confirm that KD and DC are unlikable, unnecessary, bandwagon hoppers.
Come on GS, this will be the only time I ever root for you.

I love cousins. He’s big strong and mean. Need more mean guys in the nba.

The Durant hate is silly. He gave OKC 9 years of his career and they responded by ducking the luxury tax and trading harden for peanuts.

Plus he gave us one of the best moments in nba finals history (“we did it mama”) over a decade after the single best moment in nba finals history (“anything is possibleeeeeeeee”)

Reaction Score
Proud New Mexico State alum here. Not sure any of us saw Siakam becoming this monster in the NBA.

Would love for Akok to model his game after him.

That is such a random school to graduate from. How did you end up there? I worked with a guy that was on the New Mexico State golf tram.

Reaction Score
Enjoying all the usual Post-Game-1 hot takes this morning. Road game after a nine-day layoff where Toronto's second best player had the game of his life--I think GSW will be okay.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Enjoyed the Raptors' win. Still expect the Warriors to win the series, but rooting for the Raptors. Was kind of surprised how friendly a whistle the Warriors got on the Raptors' home floor.
Siakam scares me a little when he dribbles. He looks like he doesn't have great control over the ball, and he's a little awkward. But he doesn't seem to turn it over as much as Leonard, and it was sure successful last night, awkward looking or not.

Reaction Score
Enjoying all the usual Post-Game-1 hot takes this morning. Road game after a nine-day layoff where Toronto's second best player had the game of his life--I think GSW will be okay.

Total of zero hot takes in this thread. Other than that, good post man.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I don’t remember the last time I cared less about a finals. I would root for anyone against the warriors besides a non-American team who made Drake the face of their franchise.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I don’t remember the last time I cared less about a finals. I would root for anyone against the warriors besides a non-American team who made Drake the face of their franchise.

What’s wrong with rooting for a team based in Toronto for one solitary playoff series?

Also, I’m pretty sure Drake has been a massive marketing boondoggle for them. I thought things that lead to increased profits were good?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom