NBA Finals Thread - Celtics vs Mavericks | The Boneyard

NBA Finals Thread - Celtics vs Mavericks

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I see it as Boston in 6. With KP back they are much better on both ends. He's critical precisely because they need a guy who can get easy PnR buckets at times when they might otherwise force things.

Reaction Score
It feels like it’s scripted for the Celtics no way does Adam Silver let Kyrie win.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Boston will win if they decide to stick to the game of sharing the ball and don't allow JT and JB let it become a game of hero ball. In fact Boston should win 4-1 when playing their game. It wont be a sweep because the C's are bound to throw in one questionable effort. If KP plays it will be much easier being that the Mavs bigs are not that good and Karl T's play for the Wolves in the series was poor defensively.
Luca and Kyrie are both observant centerfielders on D to avoid fouls. Celts are deeper and more skilled beyond JT and JB vs the Mavs beyond KI and LD.

Reaction Score
Would be awesome from a narrative standpoint if Mavs win (Luka gets a ring and starts building his legacy, Kyrie pwns Boston), but unfortunately don’t think that will be the case.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I want Luka, he’s my favorite non-UConn player. I’d love Boston to suffer one more loss before Tatum and Brown break through.

I think Boston is the better overall team, but I’m not sure the Mavs aren’t better suited to win with 2 stars and great role players.

I think it’s going 6 or 7 tight games regardless. I won’t be surprised by anything except a 4 or 5 game series.

I am having a hard time choosing against Boston, brain tells me Cs in 7; heart and eye balls tell me Ms in 7.

Reaction Score
This is going to be a rain of 3's series. Teams were #1 and #2 all season. Boring to me but that's the NBA. I'll enjoy the Celts as a fan and Doncic as a talent. Kyrie can take a long walk off a short pier, as my Dad used to say.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I can't believe the Timberwolves choked that badly. Mavericks are OK, but should not be playing in the NBA Finals. I think the Celtics take it in 5 games and have a shot to sweep if Porzingis is healthy. If Porzingis doesn't play, Celtics take it in 6.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Don't watch all that much NBA anymore, but hoping for Mavs in 7 so Luka can supplant his legacy as one of the best ever.
I don’t think Luka has a legacy yet.

Reaction Score
Celtics in 7 if KP holds up. He won’t be up to playoff game speed until games 3-4 at least.

Reaction Score
I don’t think Luka has a legacy yet.
He’s got rookie of the year, a scoring title, 5 first-team all NBAs, a conference finals run and an NBA finals run at 25. The only guys in NBA history who’d done more by that age are Russell, Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Larry, MJ, Duncan & LeBron. Those just happen to be, for most people, the top eight players of all-time.

I’m not a Luka fan (I hate his crying and do not like heliocentric basketball) and I’ll be rooting like hell for a Celtics sweep, but it’s pretty clear he’s already built a legacy.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
He’s got rookie of the year, a scoring title, 5 first-team all NBAs, a conference finals run and an NBA finals run at 25. The only guys in NBA history who’d done more by that age are Russell, Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Larry, MJ, Duncan & LeBron. Those just happen to be, for most people, the top eight players of all-time.

I’m not a Luka fan (I hate his crying and do not like heliocentric basketball) and I’ll be rooting like hell for a Celtics sweep, but it’s pretty clear he’s already built a legacy.

You are a rational, sane, thoughtful Boston fan.

This surprises me.

That is it, infer what you must!

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Going with the guys who had that bottom battle tested path.

If Mitchell was averaging 30 on 50% shooting there’s no telling what Luka and Kyrie is going to do in Finals mode.

Might use a free bet on Kyrie going for 30 and a win in the Garden game 1. Could see the Celtics having a shock of the rise in level of competition.

Reaction Score
Luka is well on track to being a Top-15 player of all time. He’s 25. He’s gonna win MVP’s and a championship or two probably.

Reaction Score
Celtics absolutely CANNOT waste this year with the path they’ve gotten. It’ll only get harder in future years, this is their best shot of a ring

Can’t complain regardless of what happens. Either Tatum finally breaks through and wins a ring (plus would be great for Horford to win one), or Luka wins his first and carries the first 5 seed champion (also Kyrie gets his ring without Lebron, against Boston too lol)

Should be a great series, but unless Luka or Kyrie put in a historic performance, I really can’t see this going more than 6 games with Boston winning

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Celtics absolutely CANNOT waste this year with the path they’ve gotten. It’ll only get harder in future years, this is their best shot of a ring

Can’t complain regardless of what happens. Either Tatum finally breaks through and wins a ring (plus would be great for Horford to win one), or Luka wins his first and carries the first 5 seed champion (also Kyrie gets his ring without Lebron, against Boston too lol)

Should be a great series, but unless Luka or Kyrie put in a historic performance, I really can’t see this going more than 6 games with Boston winning

I agree with all of this.

Only thing I’ll quibble with is: it’s not a huge surprise if Luka puts on that historic performance… It’s not as much “unless” but “how historic” to me. Can he be historic ENOUGH?

Reaction Score
Remember when Illinois fans did this for UConn? Then their team got blasted. Lol

Reaction Score
Might use a free bet on Kyrie going for 30 and a win in the Garden game 1. Could see the Celtics having a shock of the rise in level of competition.

They beat Dallas by 30 the last time they played. No one's shocking anyone. This "battle tested" shtick of yours might be goofier than the "Hurley didn't use Hawkins right" one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom