NBA draft thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

NBA draft thread

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
In Dubland he's NOW known as "Two-Way Wiggs" due to his offensive and defensive proficiency.

This seems a good time to point out the fact that he still sucks

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

While on the NBA subject. Hope he can get a deal. Has been solid in the G League and deserves a shot in the NBA

Me too. I think there is one of those generational changes occurring in the NBA that happens every now and then. I think there are a lot of young stars like Trae Young and Luka that could be among the best in the league if they mature their games a little. I think there are also a lot of players on rosters taking up space that basically can't play. I think it is a function of how teams have been forced to draft over the last 10-15 years, where teams draft 19 year old kids that never really develop but manage to stick around through inertia.

Those 21 and 22 year old college players that weren't athletic enough to be stars but would get drafted to be role players had a tougher road the last 10 years because every NBA team was swinging for the fences with every pick. These quality role players had to develop through the G League or Europe, which is hard, and there aren't as many of them as there should be. As a result, the depth on most teams just sucks.

I think one of the problems the NBA had this year is that the depth was so weak it forced teams to play their starters too many minutes and the injuries started to pile up. Some of that is the coaches' fault, but a lot of it is that there aren't enough quality role players in the NBA. I am rooting for a guy like Jalen Adams to succeed not just because he is from UConn, but because the NBA needs better depth. It will result in a better product for the fans.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
He really doesn't. He's just overpaid.

He’s still never been worth 1 vorp in any season.

Right now he’s upgraded form replacement level to slightly better than replacement level.

Reaction Score
Me too. I think there is one of those generational changes occurring in the NBA that happens every now and then. I think there are a lot of young stars like Trae Young and Luka that could be among the best in the league if they mature their games a little. I think there are also a lot of players on rosters taking up space that basically can't play. I think it is a function of how teams have been forced to draft over the last 10-15 years, where teams draft 19 year old kids that never really develop but manage to stick around through inertia.

Those 21 and 22 year old college players that weren't athletic enough to be stars but would get drafted to be role players had a tougher road the last 10 years because every NBA team was swinging for the fences with every pick. These quality role players had to develop through the G League or Europe, which is hard, and there aren't as many of them as there should be. As a result, the depth on most teams just sucks.

I think one of the problems the NBA had this year is that the depth was so weak it forced teams to play their starters too many minutes and the injuries started to pile up. Some of that is the coaches' fault, but a lot of it is that there aren't enough quality role players in the NBA. I am rooting for a guy like Jalen Adams to succeed not just because he is from UConn, but because the NBA needs better depth. It will result in a better product for the fans.
I was thinking the exact same thing….. As a Celtics fan I think they should sign him as they struggle with their lack of depth pieces. Last season I would get so frustrated as a UConn fan cause I would see some of the guys come off NBA benches and I would think to myself, damn I know Jalen Adams would be a better role players than a lot of these guys. A lot of players are drafted based on pure athleticism, but at a certain point you need to learn how to play basketball. Some do and some don’t.

I really really hope he gets his chance and I think it would be cool for him to play in his home city.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think you will see more upperclassmen in the draft going forward. Prior to NIL, the only incentive for top players was to start making money in the NBA as quickly as possible. Now, with NIL, there is an incentive to stay in school, especially if a player is not a guaranteed Top 20 pick. Leading scorers on middle of the pack college teams will make meaningful NIL money. Deep NBA bench and G League players do not get endorsements. Even a player that is a likely first round pick but not a guarantee will have to at least consider staying. And depending on how NIL works out at some of the bigger programs, some of these players will be making well into the 6 figures in college. The guaranteed contracts for end of first round players are only about $3.5 million.

A college kids' lifetime earnings could be maximized by staying in school, maxing out his college NIL, coming to the NBA polished and ready to contribute immediately as a higher round pick, earning a bigger rookie contract. The kid might not make it past the rookie contract, but even then, he will make a lot more than he would have jumping to the pros after his freshman year, and being out of the league by 21. Let's say a star at Creighton or Marquette can get $500k of NIL money. That is a lot to give up for the chance of getting drafted.

Reaction Score

Luka is already easily among the best in the league, guy was MVP favorite this year and favorite for next year and already has two 1st team all-NBA selections.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Luka is already easily among the best in the league, guy was MVP favorite this year and favorite for next year and already has two 1st team all-NBA selections.

Luka is a stats monster with a ton of potential. He won't win 50 games in his career if he doesn't play less selfish. And before all the Luka Lickers jump to his defense, he has described his own game that way this past season.

Reaction Score
Luka is a stats monster with a ton of potential. He won't win 50 games in his career if he doesn't play less selfish. And before all the Luka Lickers jump to his defense, he has described his own game that way this past season.
He's easily one of the best players in the league.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

idk what the hell Rothstein is doing, but love that he’s giving the team some bulletin board material

Who is Wilson in this scenario?

And who is the ex-fiancee's husband?

Reaction Score
I really don't watch NBA...so I am mystified that they pay such big money to unproven kids...

Scottie Barnes...pick #4 of first round...one year of college ball...his stats aren't bad but...$6,000,000 ? $18 mill over 3 years ?

2020-21 (AS A FRESHMAN) Averaged 10.3 points (third on the team), 4.0 rebounds (fifth), 4.1 assists (first), 1.5 steals (first) and 0.4 blocked shots (fourth) in his only season as a Seminole…

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom