NBA draft thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NBA draft thread

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I can now go back to my childhood days of the Hornets being my favorite team. I just wish Kemba was still there, but him and Ball is a really fun duo. Can't wait to get my young boy a Bouknight Hornets jersey!

Reaction Score
Warriors front office really living off of Steph and Klay being a generational backcourt, just had a whole season of Steph being double and triple teamed and they drafted a guy in Kuminga that has no identifiable skill. They better hope Jordan Poole takes another leap.
Stupid pick, that's drafting off of name/hype/upside. He looks like he'll be a worse Wiggins.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The Knicks just keep ripping my heart out. Knicks make a trade with Charlotte...

hey they just got the most athletic guy in the draft! And then traded him

Reaction Score
I can't make any sense of what they're doing, are their future picks even going to be higher picks than this?

Reaction Score
I could be proven very wrong on this in a year or so, but it feels to me like OKC is having a horrible draft so far. Hopefully Giddey works out for them

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You know things are getting back to normal in the world when the Knicks trade a really high caliber athlete like Kai Jones and draft a low upside grinder like Quentin Grimes.

Reaction Score
You know things are getting back to normal in the world when the Knicks trade a really high caliber athlete like Kai Jones and draft a low upside grinder like Quentin Grimes.
Kai Jones averaged 8.8 pts, 4.8 rbs. & .9 blocks. Yes, he can jump high, but he's not very skilled. I don't like Grimes either.

Reaction Score
Grimes was a fine pick, they need shooters. And still plenty of good guards left at 32

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Who are your top 5 Knicks draft picks from the last 30 years? I am working with some combination of David Lee, Nene (who never played for Knicks), Gallinari, Hardaway Jr., Barrett and Chandler. That is the list in the last 30 years.

Reaction Score
Grimes was a fine pick, they need shooters. And still plenty of good guards left at 32
I don't like him. Low ceiling, not a good NBA athlete.

Can anyone follow the picks and cap space? It seems like they're stockpiling bad draft picks and I don't see how this leads to them getting Dame or another star.

Reaction Score
I don't like him. Low ceiling, not a good NBA athlete.

Can anyone follow the picks and cap space? It seems like they're stockpiling bad draft picks and I don't see how this leads to them getting Dame or another star.
I don't agree about the low ceiling at all, I think he's at minimum a rotation player. Right now they have $52M in cap space and 4 1sts over the next 2 years, still doubt that's enough for Dame though

Reaction Score
I don't agree about the low ceiling at all, I think he's at minimum a rotation player. Right now they have $52M in cap space and 4 1sts over the next 2 years, still doubt that's enough for Dame though
Thanks got the #'s. Everything I read says they're the favorites for Dame if he's traded. I wonder what gets it done, Toppin and Barrett plus the first rounders.

I hope you're right on Grimes but I see an unathletic ball dominant shooter. And right on cue the Knicks trade another pick.

Reaction Score
Thanks got the #'s. Everything I read says they're the favorites for Dame if he's traded. I wonder what gets it done, Toppin and Barrett plus the first rounders.

I hope you're right on Grimes but I see an unathletic ball dominant shooter. And right on cue the Knicks trade another pick.
Trading 32 for 34 and 36 seems like really good value though, especially when Robinson Earl and Jason Preston were the 2 picks in between.

Edit: And apparently just make up a name to draft with the pick

Reaction Score
I can now go back to my childhood days of the Hornets being my favorite team. I just wish Kemba was still there, but him and Ball is a really fun duo. Can't wait to get my young boy a Bouknight Hornets jersey!
Yeah. We are here in NC and my boys first game was at ECU 2 years ago with the dunk from Bouknight. Their favorite player since. They will be elated. Especially since my best friend who was an uncle to them was a huge husky fan as well and went to those games and sadly passed away this year. It will be a great thing for these guys.

what is it about certain franchises and certain colleges? Charlotte is Uconn 2.0 or Uconnntheir farm system if I’m not mistaken this is the list of alums
Emeka
Adrien
Kemba
Lamb
Bouknight
Bazz drafted and traded per lebron
Ben gordon
Voskuhl
Dyson (new orleans hornets)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online