NBA Draft Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

NBA Draft Thread

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm probably biased/crazy but I could see Bouknight being better than pretty much everyone in this draft.
I've been wondering for awhile if Edwards is a better prospect than him.

Reaction Score
There are a lot of Big East kids in that situation right now sitting on the board still
Maybe more kids will be more careful about what they decide to do now.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
A long fall from grace.

For about a 20 year period from mid-80's in to the 00's I could rattle off Street and Smith, McD's and any other HS periodical for AA's, knew the college AA's and even most of the high level Europeans.

I also routinely watched 20-30 hours of CBB a week.

Tonight? I knew Wiseman and Achuwa and the two Florida St. kids. I kinda knew the kid from Dayton whose career was just destroyed tonight because he was the player of the year. And I knew there was one of the Ball kids because I read an article on him this week.

Otherwise? I rarely catch much beyond UConn and have no idea who these kids are.

So, get off my grass!! For you young whippersnappers out there that have all sorts of time to watch and know stuff, this is how you will feel in 2045.

Reaction Score
Yall see this? What is this kid thinking. He stands to mose millions bc of this stupid interview

He says he doesn't think about being the first player taken. He'll be ready when the time comes, but "other than that, I don't even care."

"To be honest," he says, "I can't watch basketball."

He retells the story about the first time he dunked and how it signaled to him that he was talented and could accomplish something he might not have been able to in football, which was his first love. So that's the direction he went, simple as that, hanging up his cleats. "That's all I needed to see," he says.

So when after that did he get into basketball?

"I'm still not really into it," he says. "I love basketball, yeah. It's what I do."

He's not entirely convincing. He says if he were drafted by the NFL tomorrow, he'd let basketball go. "Because you can do anything on the field," he explains. "You can spike the ball. You can dance. You can do all type of disrespectful stuff." In the NBA, he says, "you can't do any of that. You'll get fined."

He goes on to say that he's an aspiring rapper. He's already recorded a few tracks with his older brother Bubba. So, like Damian Lillard? "But I really can rap," he says. "Dame, talking about -- I don't know what he's talking about. I'm rapping like Lil Baby." He says he won't release any songs until he's established in the NBA.
Wish him the best but he sounds like an absolute train wreck in waiting.

Reaction Score
The Nba draft for me used to be the sports equivalent of Christmas Eve. As I was watching it last night with my 10 year old son, I quickly got bored and told him about the2006 draft. I was in the stands at the Theater that night. It was awesome, highlighted by the back to back picks by the Nets. People were jumping out of their chairs. Point is, even the draft is better with UConn in it. Can't wait to get back to that.

Reaction Score
I’m pretty shocked at the lack of Big East players to go last night. I figured at least 2 of Alexander/Powell/Howard/Marshall would go. Happy for Paul Reed tho!

Reaction Score

Screenshot 2020-11-19 at 8.31.21 AM.png

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Give Danny an A for Nesmith, a B for Pritchard, a C for the stash (but growing on me), and a D- for the trade

Reaction Score
Give Danny an A for Nesmith, a B for Pritchard, a C for the stash (but growing on me), and a D- for the trade

I think there were much higher ceiling options than Pritchard available C in my book. Would be an F, but I understand that we're in "win now" mode, and Pritchard is probably reading to contribute at a Wannamaker-type role quicker than some other guys that might end up better in the long run.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

What's the issue with the trade? I think the first two picks were solid. Wannamaker is gone, and I am not sure Waters can really be an NBA PG. I think Pritchard, in an NBA environment, may be better than expected. Same with that stash. They need a serviceable backup now, and a replacement for Kemba fairly soon given his knees.
I'd still like to see them do something to get a center. Bob Williams has progressed at a glacial pace. The French guy is a stiff.

the Q

Reaction Score
I think there were much higher ceiling options than Pritchard available C in my book. Would be an F, but I understand that we're in "win now" mode, and Pritchard is probably reading to contribute at a Wannamaker-type role quicker than some other guys that might end up better in the long run.

pritchard is an analytics pick.

he’s a tough player.

should be a better version of Wanamaker

I wouldn’t have minded a big swing like a trade up for Hampton.

really curious if they’re using the mle now

the Q

Reaction Score
What's the issue with the trade? I think the first two picks were solid. Wannamaker is gone, and I am not sure Waters can really be an NBA PG. I think Pritchard, in an NBA environment, may be better than expected. Same with that stash. They need a serviceable backup now, and a replacement for Kemba fairly soon given his knees.
I'd still like to see them do something to get a center. Bob Williams has progressed at a glacial pace. The French guy is a stiff.

I would rather have Tillman than the kind of bigs that will be available for the tax payer mle

just seems like the pick was given away. But curious who the picks are from

the Q

Reaction Score

french guy should’ve been dumped in the trade for 30

Reaction Score
I agree: both Pritchard and Winston are A+ college players, but I don't see them as more than backups in the NBA.

Malachi Flynn, on the other hand, is a player where I like his NBA ceiling more.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
A long fall from grace.

For about a 20 year period from mid-80's in to the 00's I could rattle off Street and Smith, McD's and any other HS periodical for AA's, knew the college AA's and even most of the high level Europeans.

I also routinely watched 20-30 hours of CBB a week.

Tonight? I knew Wiseman and Achuwa and the two Florida St. kids. I kinda knew the kid from Dayton whose career was just destroyed tonight because he was the player of the year. And I knew there was one of the Ball kids because I read an article on him this week.

Otherwise? I rarely catch much beyond UConn and have no idea who these kids are.

So, get off my grass!! For you young whippersnappers out there that have all sorts of time to watch and know stuff, this is how you will feel in 2045.

I think COVID played a major role. I don't think I caught a minute of game action featuring any of the lottery picks. Achiuwa was the guy I probably knew the best.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I would rather have Tillman than the kind of bigs that will be available for the tax payer mle

just seems like the pick was given away. But curious who the picks are from

It's possible salary was dumped. They didn't need another rookie right now, so I don't mind the trade. If one of those is a high second round pick, in what will be a better draft, that's not a bad thing.

Reaction Score
I'll bite. Why?
Because the Warriors were going to be one of the favorites to win it all, they are the most popular team in the NBA, and Klay is a Hall of Famer and one of the best shooters ever.

Reaction Score
Yall see this? What is this kid thinking. He stands to mose millions bc of this stupid interview

He says he doesn't think about being the first player taken. He'll be ready when the time comes, but "other than that, I don't even care."

"To be honest," he says, "I can't watch basketball."

He retells the story about the first time he dunked and how it signaled to him that he was talented and could accomplish something he might not have been able to in football, which was his first love. So that's the direction he went, simple as that, hanging up his cleats. "That's all I needed to see," he says.

So when after that did he get into basketball?

"I'm still not really into it," he says. "I love basketball, yeah. It's what I do."

He's not entirely convincing. He says if he were drafted by the NFL tomorrow, he'd let basketball go. "Because you can do anything on the field," he explains. "You can spike the ball. You can dance. You can do all type of disrespectful stuff." In the NBA, he says, "you can't do any of that. You'll get fined."

He goes on to say that he's an aspiring rapper. He's already recorded a few tracks with his older brother Bubba. So, like Damian Lillard? "But I really can rap," he says. "Dame, talking about -- I don't know what he's talking about. I'm rapping like Lil Baby." He says he won't release any songs until he's established in the NBA.

This story just screams how important family is, and I don't mean the "village". This quote says it all:
"EDWARDS GOT HIS nickname, Ant Man, from his father. But he grew up hearing about his dad more than he saw him. The old heads around town swore the original Ant Man could've been the next Michael Jordan. "You can ask folks in the street," Edwards says. "They would tell you, 'If he kept his head on right ...'"

the Q

Reaction Score
I agree: both Pritchard and Winston are A+ college players, but I don't see them as more than backups in the NBA.

Malachi Flynn, on the other hand, is a player where I like his NBA ceiling more.

Flynn and Pritchard are two guys who graded out well analytically. Danny could’ve swung for more upside, but those 2 are plug and play backups on day 1. We’ve seen it before with older guards

Reaction Score
And then immediately traded 33 for 2023 2nd rounder

May be preparing for next year. Could be they believe Whaley will fall into the second round next year with Bouknight and some others that stayed in school this year likely to be ahead of him..............

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom