NBA Draft Combine | The Boneyard

NBA Draft Combine

Reaction Score
The Combine starts tomorrow. 78 players invited. 61 from various colleges/ Univ.. 17 from G league/International. UConn with 5 of 61 and our total starting five is amazing. Hopefully we will get some vg updates this week. To all the Mother’s, Happy Mother’s Day tomorrow.

Reaction Score
52AEB15F-A273-456C-8228-B1C7FB4D4D0A.jpeg

Reaction Score
I understand the mega importance of LeBron James to the NBA, but Bronny was average at best this year (to be kind) so hardly earned a combine invite on merit. He was probably the 7th or 8th best player on USC this year...I understand health issue palyed a role in that.

Why would you want your kid to rise solely off your name? Let the kid play college ball a few years and see if he can rise to the level of a nba prospect based on his own ability.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There’s a thread on this article with a free link since it’s an ESPN+ article.

Reaction Score
I understand the mega importance of LeBron James to the NBA, but Bronny was average at best this year (to be kind) so hardly earned a combine invite on merit. He was probably the 7th or 8th best player on USC this year...I understand health issue palyed a role in that.

Why would you want your kid to rise solely off your name? Let the kid play college ball a few years and see if he can rise to the level of a nba prospect based on his own ability.
Unfortunately nepotism knows no bounds, although this certainly seems like new waters. I'd actually feel bad for him if he makes the jump and obviously can't hack it. It'd be very tough to ever live that kind of thing down.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if the combine is open to the public? I just realized it's at Wintrust Arena where DePaul plays. I would love to stop over for some of it.

Reaction Score

This video right here is the answer that’s been floating around the internet on why Clingan is a better NBA prospect than Edey

One of the top NBA scout insiders posting NBA workout clips of a 7’2 rim protecting center, and 2/3 of the video is jump shooting or driving from the perimeter

He looks really comfortable doing it, too

Reaction Score
This video right here is the answer that’s been floating around the internet on why Clingan is a better NBA prospect than Edey

One of the top NBA scout insiders posting NBA workout clips of a 7’2 rim protecting center, and 2/3 of the video is jump shooting or driving from the perimeter

I've been saying it all season, he projects as a high level Euro big.

Reaction Score
So impressed with his J, handle and movement. I'm really not surprised. The few 3s he took this past season showed a nice stroke. It's really hard to make those when you take them once a month, but be hit one or two of them.

Whoever lands him is going to get an impact big who will contribute on both ends of the floor.

Reaction Score

And he moves much better than Edey laterally and running up the floor. That means he can defend in the pick and roll better as well as the perimeter much better. Oddly enough, even though Edey had a great game against UConn, those 2 pick and roll lobs from Tristen to Samson for dunks illustrated a major weakness of Edey's defending in space.

Reaction Score

DC looks like a younger, bigger, stronger Al Horford.

Reaction Score
do you guys think being 2-5 is better than one because of less pressure to be good?
Yes, but i think both of our guys can handle it.

DC at 1 is a real possibility. They may like Sarr better, but they have to be looking closely.

Crazy as it may sound, i think Steph at 1 is possible too.

Reaction Score
Yes, but i think both of our guys can handle it.

DC at 1 is a real possibility. They may like Sarr better, but they have to be looking closely.

Crazy as it may sound, i think Steph at 1 is possible too.

I'm obviously insanely biased and have seen very, very little of the top foreign guys. But I'd strongly lean towards either DC or Castle if I'm the Hawks. I get that Sarr has a very high ceiling. But his floor seems to be below what DC already is.

Reaction Score
And he moves much better than Edey laterally and running up the floor. That means he can defend in the pick and roll better as well as the perimeter much better. Oddly enough, even though Edey had a great game against UConn, those 2 pick and roll lobs from Tristen to Samson for dunks illustrated a major weakness of Edey's defending in space.
Edey had a big game vs. us because we let him have a big game…it was part of the masterclass gameplan

Reaction Score
DC can shoot he has good touch, we all knew it, just wasn’t needed in our offense. Just give him 2-3 seasons to develop.

caw

Reaction Score
Edey had a big game vs. us because we let him have a big game…it was part of the masterclass gameplan

Yes and no.

Edey put up 20 in the first 30 minutes and 17 in in the last 10. Those 17 were basically meaningless and mostly against Karaban and UConn didn't even really double a ton then because Purdue couldn't stop UConn at all on offense and UConn already had a nice 10 point cushion in the last ten minutes. That is the yes portion.

The no is, Edey is also really good for a college player three years older than DC and is super strong with a decent set of (robotic) moves. The game plan was to have DC go 1-on-1 but Edey still did his best in that situation and really played well. DC stopped Edey just enough and Purdue really couldn't handle UConn's guards or wings at all. There are a lot of bigs who couldn't do anything against DC in a one-on-one. UConn was willing to give up a big game to Edey but Edey did still have one. That can't be a knock on Edey, just on Purdue, the role players for them and their coaching staff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom