NBA Draft Combine | Page 7 | The Boneyard

NBA Draft Combine

Reaction Score
Looking at the standing reach he had you have to wonder if he didn’t exactly stretch out for that to get a higher vert.
Nah, he's like Divincenzo. Doesn't have great basketball length but jumps out of the gym.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
UConn lists players with shoes height (say +1.5 inches). Spencer at 6'3 without shoes is -> 6'4.5 with shoes. Same with Newton at 6'3.25 -> 6'4.75. If Castle is at 6'4.5 -> 6'5.75.

So UConn lists the backcourt as 6'4, 6'5, 6'6. Not terribly off the w/ shoes likely measurements.
What we've done for decades (which nearly every school also does) is measure the player's height in sneakers, then round up. As your post on Spencer, if he was 6'4 1/2" in sneakers, he'll get lusted at 6'5".

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Not sure who called him a horrible shooter and I am happy that he is killing it at the combine. I have watched more pro basketball since the playoffs started and I could certainly see how AK with his a level shooting and ability to understand and decipher good floor spacing fitting into the nba game quite well. If he was playing for the Knicks he would be matched up with Neismith. I can actually see Alex doing well in that matchup. Certainly he could post up on offense. Could be challenged to stay in front of him on defense but I think he could do it.

The staff knows what’s going on and I trust they are preparing for every scenario.

When I saw Osobar to Huskies I had a moment of joy before I realized it was the other Huskies. I think Osobar is a stud. He reminds me of OG. A true 6’8” that moves gracefully even though he is 250llbs.

He is probably a better leaper than OG but has not developed a 3 point shot. That is the only part of the comparison that is problematic. I am not certain but I think OG has gotten better as a shooter since he got to the NBA. But Osobar has a high ceiling. Before they were picked up the center from Rutgers Omoruyi and Osobar where the two players I would have been ok getting in addition to Mahaney. I know we don’t have roles for either but Omoruyi or Osobar they both can fill a big role. Looks like the were all about the NIL potential so it makes more sense to me now as to why we were not all over these players.

Reaction Score
What we've done for decades (which nearly every school also does) is measure the player's height in sneakers, then round up. As your post on Spencer, if he was 6'4 1/2" in sneakers, he'll get lusted at 6'5".
No sneakers allowed for Clingan and Edey.

Reaction Score
All five of our guys are showing up from downtown at the Combine. DC is respectable for a big guy who wasn't asked to shot from range in our offense. Always thought Castle had it. Showed it today.You don't just flip a switch.

Reaction Score
All these posts implying this cements him as a first round pick or something are hilarious. As if 25 shots in an empty gem seals his fate

It helps with separating him from the rest of the pack. If he had a poor shooting performance it would hurt his stock. Good shooting helps.

Reaction Score
21-25 and :(Tom Moore is on the phone setting up a visit, Vegas odds get longer

Reaction Score
I thought it was obvious that shooting 21-25 from 3 increases the odds that Alex will stay in the draft, and, Tom Moore working the portal will need to fill the Karaban roster spot. We won't be replacing Alex with an equivalent player so our odds for a threepeat get longer. I think a run at a threepeat is real with Alex and drops considerably without him. The frown is because the threepeat would be historic for the program, and all the players including Alex.

Reaction Score
Without great creativity and not a super handle. I see his ceiling as McConnell from Indiana. A solid guard but not elite level that a top 5 pick warrants. He is more of a SG who will have to learn to play PG. In the games I saw he played off the ball.
Comparing him to McConnell isn't a good choice. It's like comparing Steph to CP3, totally different game. It's kind of a knock on McConnell too who is an excellent pro distributor and defender for his size.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom