NBA Draft Combine | Page 14 | The Boneyard

NBA Draft Combine

Reaction Score
If Castle went to Auburn or Georgia and handled their PG duties, I believe he’d be the favorite to go first overall. He sacrificed a lot taking a backseat to Newton, we all know his strong character and patience will pay off down the line.

Easy to say that, but look at someone like Isaiah Collier who struggled playing PG and hurt his stock. And there's other 5-star PG prospects from last year, like Elliot Cadeau or Aden Holloway, who also disappointed at PG and are returning to school. We really just don't know what Castle would have been able to do as a point.... it's a lot different to play that role on a high-level D1 team as a freshman instead of high school.

Reaction Score
Watching the game that AK is playing in. Are these coaches showcasing people? AK does not seem to be getting much play time. This almost looks like the Bronny James show.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Also does anyone else think Clingan might’ve put some weight on after the season? He looks a little thicker in these combine videos, and I don’t think he weighed 280 by seasons end.

Reaction Score
Edey tests well for some reason, during games he looks slow as hell though. Clingan moves way better on defense and is just a way better defensive player than him.
There’s a fairly long list of extremely productive NFL receivers that ran the 40 above 4.50. The old looks like Tarzan Plays like Jane adage comes to mind for some guys. Being a workout warrior doesn’t automatically translate into production.

Reaction Score
Also does anyone else think Clingan might’ve put some weight on after the season? He looks a little thicker in these combine videos, and I don’t think he weighed 280 by seasons end.
I remember hearing he was playing this season in the 260s, but he weighed in at 282 yesterday. Looks like he gained some

Reaction Score
Just saw this on Bleacher Report:

“No one expects Clingan to be a burner at his size, but his testing was still a bit underwhelming. He was either dead last or close to it in lane agility, shuttle run, and 3⁄4court sprint, losing to Edey in all three events. His 29-inch vertical leap was the third lowest among all players, and a couple inches below Edey.

Clingan shot the ball decently well in drills, but it’s hard to believe that’s going to translate to games. He only made 55 percent of his free throws over two years at UConn, and shot only 2-of-9 from three-point range as a college player.”

Am I the only one who finds this surprising? Watching him in the tournament, it seemed like Edey wasn’t even capable of sprinting, while DC looked way more “athletic.”
Of course, Bleacher Report is utter trash, so keep that in mind

Reaction Score
Thanks Hopper!
Tie No Respect GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Reaction Score
Clingan is 20lbs heavier than his playing weight. Either he didn’t train or hrs likes to eat . Thst could cost him a bunch of money
He was best at 265 .

Reaction Score
Maybe the coach called for "Tristan" and Tristen doesn't respond to "Tristan"? :)

It was reported in this thread that his agent told him not to play.
Ironically he's hands down our best playground baller.

Reaction Score
Maybe the coach called for "Tristan" and Tristen doesn't respond to "Tristan"? :)

It was reported in this thread that his agent told him not to play.
On today's telecast (Wednesday), the announcers thought that was a bad move on Newton's part. They figured him playing could only help his draft status since he is ranked 76.

They had great things to say about DC. They mentioned that he sprinted through his workouts and shooting drills rather than jogging like some others. Very complimentary about the UConn program in general.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
I think Newton‘s decision was the right one considering when you watch the combine games. It looks nothing like how Uconn plays. That was a dumb down version of basketball at best. but you can plays shows what caravan and Spencer can do when given the chance. I agree they look pretty lost at times, but that was more AAU ball.

Reaction Score
Remember when Mike Mamula was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on the basis of his combine numbers?
This combine stuff is dumb. Teams chose players based o. Film, workouts and stats

Reaction Score
Honestly wonder how much stock scouts put into these scrimmages as it’s just unstructured lackadaisical hero ball amongst a bunch of relative unknowns. If you’re used to playing in any kind of system, then this is a street ball mess.
They just wanna see these guys play. See if players look the part and belong in the same floor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom