NBA all-star wknd/dunk contest | The Boneyard

NBA all-star wknd/dunk contest

Reaction Score
gordon’s gonna win unless djjr makes everything 1st attempt.

there should never be a 2nd attempt

Reaction Score
gordon’s gonna win unless djjr makes everything 1st attempt.

there should never be a 2nd attempt
The Gordon LaVine contest from 4 years ago is the best dunk contest ever. They should have tied or Gordon should have gotten a 1 point win. LaVine has made the ft line 360 before and the third dunk in that tweet I sent is absurd.

Reaction Score
And in case no one has seen this guy

I thought I heard Adam Silver say that they were going to expand the Contest to include an amateur or two. I noticed that's not happening. It would be a great idea and true fan participation.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The Gordon LaVine contest from 4 years ago is the best dunk contest ever. They should have tied or Gordon should have gotten a 1 point win. LaVine has made the ft line 360 before and the third dunk in that tweet I sent is absurd.
They should have discontinued the dunk contest after Jordan/Wilkins '88.

Reaction Score
Is this better than Vince Carter breaking the world in 2000?

Reaction Score
Is this better than Vince Carter breaking the world in 2000?
I would say yes because it was a true contest between the two. Vince was a runaway winner. That was the best dunk contest I can remember in terms of it being close and that an argument could have been made for each. I thought Gordon was robbed.

Reaction Score
I would say yes because it was a true contest between the two. Vince was a runaway winner. That was the best dunk contest I can remember in terms of it being close and that an argument could have been made for each. I thought Gordon was robbed.
I understand what you’re saying...but I’ve never viewed it as a contest really. Whoever does the best dunks win the night, regardless of the final outcome. Not saying that the gordon Levine one wasn’t awesome!

Reaction Score
They should have discontinued the dunk contest after Jordan/Wilkins '88.

then you’d never have lavine/gordon. there were lean yrs, but that is a modern day classic.

Reaction Score
DJJ's one foot in front of the FT line windmill was also better than a 47 based on what was previously awarded. AG had one good not great dunk that got a 50 earlier, so DJJ probably should have won it before. But I agree the Tacko dunk was a 50.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
then you’d never have lavine/gordon. there were lean yrs, but that is a modern day classic.
Didn't see it. Might check it out.

Started losing interest with the introduction of gimmicks. Dee Brown was fun because it was the first and pump his Reebox really didn't affect his dunks (and he was a Celtic), but it started going too WWE for me with Cedric Ceballos' see-through blindfold.

My memories were that '88 was one (converted) monster dunk after another and even then, it'd all been before. Jordan's free throw line jam was taken from Dr. J from a decade earlier, but the showmanship was through the roof.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom