Nazir Roundtree | The Boneyard

Nazir Roundtree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Another Waterbury elite baller. Freshmen at Holy Cross this year. Sorry auto correct nyzair

http://instagram.com/p/urOAj4uz7f/
It's Nyzair Rountree, I'm guessing he's Marvin Rountree's son......makes me feel old. Read Rountree has already gotten interest from Virginia and Notre Dame, I'm sure we'll be hearing more about him. Another Holy Cross kid to keep an eye on is Shawn Coles, he will be a sophomore and is 6'11.

Reaction Score
Heron's step brother will be a freshmen at shhs this year. Suppose to be better then mustapha at this age

Reaction Score
Sacred Heart will be the best team in the state. Besides Heron, they have Malik Petteway who is 6'7 and a really good player and they have another couple of kids that are 6'6 and a 6'10 kid. That's a huge team for a CT. public school.

Reaction Score
I guess when you say public school you mean "non-prep" right, because SHS is private and they recruit.

Sacred Heart will be the best team in the state. Besides Heron, they have Malik Petteway who is 6'7 and a really good player and they have another couple of kids that are 6'6 and a 6'10 kid. That's a huge team for a CT. public school.

Reaction Score
I guess when you say public school you mean "non-prep" right, because SHS is private and they recruit.
Yes, that's what I meant. It's a private school but it's a city school playing local public schools. They recruit but it's very different than the Prep Schools who recruit the whole country. All the kids at Sacred Heart/Holy Cross are local.

Reaction Score
Yes, that's what I meant. It's a private school but it's a city school playing local public schools. They recruit but it's very different than the Prep Schools who recruit the whole country. All the kids at Sacred Heart/Holy Cross are local.

Recruiting in HS is unethical and if done the team should be banned from the CIAC tourney. (no different than Cochran during his HS football days) Admittedly Windsor doesn't have all Windsor kids but there has always been the bus-in rule in that town even back when I played vs them in the mid 70's. Having said that it seems to me SHHS is a bit different although I'm guessing heron's dad would do anything to be sure his son is on a winner including taking residence in Waterbury rather than Meriden? I can't speak of the other kids but it would seem they have a real good HS team thrown together for this year.

Reaction Score
SHHS does not recruit. Players experess interest and may get finacial assistance but they are not out there recruiting. If they recruited they would of not of been awful for the 5 years prior to last year. Remember SHHS made the tourney for the first time in a long time last year. Heron's father is doing what is best for his son. He likes the coach and what SHHS had to offer. They had a young team with key players already in place. His father mentors young kids not downtown. Again, SHHS fit their needs better than other schools. But on another note. His father does a great job teaching these kids how to play. He had about 30 kids in his practive sessions he runs everyday and the stuff they do was much better than the coaching these kids would receive in middle school.

Reaction Score
I am an assistant high school basketball coach at East Hampton and we played Sacred Heart in the Semifinals last year... They are overrated and we should have beat them... Couple shots that were 3/4 of the way down that popped out... Heron is a volume scorer and in my opinion is even more overrated

Reaction Score
I am an assistant high school basketball coach at East Hampton and we played Sacred Heart in the Semifinals last year... They are overrated and we should have beat them... Couple shots that were 3/4 of the way down that popped out... Heron is a volume scorer and in my opinion is even more overrated

You might be right, coach. But many know who you are, now. Should you really want to "publicly" diss Sacred Heart and Heron?
After all, you might face them again, and this post could be bulletin board material.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I think we need to be wary with this Rountree dude, he's apt to us the "Shaft."

Reaction Score
Sounds spiteful and really harsh criticism after watching them play one game. But they looked great vs Bloomfield. Just hard to match up against these Hoosier style teams who spread the ball. Against athletic teams who run they look totally different. Just not use to the slow it up style of play

Reaction Score
I saw Sacred Heart play 4 times last yr. All against quality competition.Bloomfield,Capital Prep,Crosby.Watching Heron for 2yrs.He is not overrated.Big guard 6-4,6-5.Takes ball to and over players to basket.And can shoot the 3.Above average Div.1 talent.They should win states again.

Reaction Score
I saw Sacred Heart play 4 times last yr. All against quality competition.Bloomfield,Capital Prep,Crosby.Watching Heron for 2yrs.He is not overrated.Big guard 6-4,6-5.Takes ball to and over players to basket.And can shoot the 3.Above average Div.1 talent.They should win states again.

He's good no doubt, clad he's going to Pitt.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom