National Team exhib. Vs. Brazil, espn2, Monday, 5:30 eastern. | The Boneyard

National Team exhib. Vs. Brazil, espn2, Monday, 5:30 eastern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
(July 16) The Brazil game will be in Washington, DC.

A later exhibition vs. England will be on espn3.. It will be in Manchester, England at 2 pm, Wednesday, July 18.

So many of us don't get espn3 because of our stupid cable compnies... Has anyone figured out a workaround?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Just to be sure here: USA/Brazil is on espn2????

Great news!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Just to be sure here: USA/Brazil is on espn2????

Great news!
Yes, both the women's and men's teams are playing Brazil's respective national teams on Monday, with the women playing first. I'm actually quite intrigued by both games. The women because I haven't seen them yet (the men have already played one exhibition), and the men because Brazil's men's team is actually pretty good and should push the USA men's team at least a little bit.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm dropping by Verizon Center tonight to look for tickets. Yesterday, a third-party site was showing roughly $108-$1,900. Sadly, these are about in line with Olympic ticket prices.

My tix for London were allegedly shipped yesterday, so I hope to have them in hand on Monday night. I got my passport renewed last week. The hotel is booked with points. The nonstop widebody flight from Dulles is paid for. I'm almost ready!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The lower end of that spectrum (in the $100-$200 range) for both the men's and women's games is definitely worth it. A ton of talent on both Team USA squads, and the Brazil men have some talent, too. Should be fun. If I were in DC, I'd go.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Firstrowsports.eu will likely have the game streaming, among other stream sites, if you don't get espn3

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Who else is expected to have a good team on both sides? For the mean, USA of course, but what other teams? Spain? Argentina? France? who else? For the women I know Australia, but Russia and the Czech Republic too? Brazil?

Reaction Score
I'm so excited to see the teams Monday night. I planned a trip for medical reasons around it. I'm going to NIH in Bethesda for tests for LAM - lymphangioleiomyomatosis. Its a rare lung disease that only affects women. Only about 2,000 in the world! Please help raise awareness about it. www.thelamfoundation.org It's often misdiagnosed as asthma, emphysema.....

In January 1999 I was told I might need a lung transplant in 3 or 4 years. I was in shock. That night I was supposed to attend a scholarship banquet at the Aqua Turf for one of my volleyball players. I couldn't stay home and let my kids see how upset I was. My husband was out of town. So I went to the banquet and told myself I would hear somthing that night that would help me get thru this. You know how all those speeches go at these kinds of things. So finaly Geno gets up and is talking about Howie Dickerman, he was basically roasting him about his move to Central the year before. Geno then says "So how did he take a horrible situation and turn it around?" I sat up in my chair and thought here it comes. Geno said "He surrounded himself with good people" That single thought got me thru the next several months as I had to focus on this unexpected health situation. I wrote Geno much later and he replied saying it makes all his appearances worthwhile to hear things like this.

So I will be enjoying every minute of this game in DC with my original lungs. Thankfully my LAM progression has been slow. Sorry for the length of this post but I am forever grateful for those words of encouragement I took from that night in 1999.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I'm so excited to see the teams Monday night. I planned a trip for medical reasons around it. I'm going to NIH in Bethesda for tests for LAM - lymphangioleiomyomatosis. Its a rare lung disease that only affects women. Only about 2,000 in the world! Please help raise awareness about it. www.thelamfoundation.org It's often misdiagnosed as asthma, emphysema.....

In January 1999 I was told I might need a lung transplant in 3 or 4 years. I was in shock. That night I was supposed to attend a scholarship banquet at the Aqua Turf for one of my volleyball players. I couldn't stay home and let my kids see how upset I was. My husband was out of town. So I went to the banquet and told myself I would hear somthing that night that would help me get thru this. You know how all those speeches go at these kinds of things. So finaly Geno gets up and is talking about Howie Dickerman, he was basically roasting him about his move to Central the year before. Geno then says "So how did he take a horrible situation and turn it around?" I sat up in my chair and thought here it comes. Geno said "He surrounded himself with good people" That single thought got me thru the next several months as I had to focus on this unexpected health situation. I wrote Geno much later and he replied saying it makes all his appearances worthwhile to hear things like this.

So I will be enjoying every minute of this game in DC with my original lungs. Thankfully my LAM progression has been slow. Sorry for the length of this post but I am forever grateful for those words of encouragement I took from that night in 1999.
Wonderful post. Really great to read.. Best wishes to you in dealing with LAM, and I hope the tests bring good news.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The lower end of that spectrum (in the $100-$200 range) for both the men's and women's games is definitely worth it. A ton of talent on both Team USA squads, and the Brazil men have some talent, too. Should be fun. If I were in DC, I'd go.
$108 gets you top row, 4th level, behind the basket. $200 or so gets you midcourt, near the top row of the 4th level. That's what I'm leaning toward.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
$108 gets you top row, 4th level, behind the basket. $200 or so gets you midcourt, near the top row of the 4th level. That's what I'm leaning toward.
For the Olympics, easy decision, if it were mine: mid-court.. Once in a lifetime situation, the extra $90 is easily justified.. For the exhibition game, I might be inclined to save a few bucks.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
For the Olympics, easy decision, if it were mine: mid-court.. Once in a lifetime situation, the extra $90 is easily justified.. For the exhibition game, I might be inclined to save a few bucks.
Center court, low row for only $1,900. :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Well, fighting thru the crowds at the Michael Jackson Immortal Tour wasn't easy, but the ticket decision was easy--$89 behind the basket in the top row or $99 on the baseline in the top row. I splurged. :) I was interested in the Maya Moore Immortal tour, not MJ. Plus some guys with unusual names will be playing too: LeBron, Carmelo, and Kobe. I heard they are pretty good too.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Not to mention future first-ballot HoFer Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook (who might be faster than Moriah Jefferson. :)), Andre Iguodala (more entertaining on these teams than one would think), Kevin Love (who a lot of women should copy when it comes to the art of rebounding below the rim), Chris Paul, and Mr Unibrow himself, Anthony Davis!

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Who else is expected to have a good team on both sides? For the mean, USA of course, but what other teams? Spain? Argentina? France? who else? For the women I know Australia, but Russia and the Czech Republic too? Brazil?

Brazil has a pretty good women's team. I love watching Erika De Souza & Izzy Castro Marques play, and Brazil also has some other good players. And they have been training together for months now. Should be a good game.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

That's great that Geno gave you something so positive to focus on, and that you guys could correspond!! NIH is obviously a place with great expertise and knowledge ....I wish you the best when you go to your appointments, and it's great that you have been able to keep the progression very slow. Basketball etc. seems very small when dealing with big stuff like this, but it's great that, in its own way, it could give you some inspiration (via Geno at the banquet)!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Not to mention future first-ballot HoFer Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook (who might be faster than Moriah Jefferson. :)), Andre Iguodala (more entertaining on these teams than one would think), Kevin Love (who a lot of women should copy when it comes to the art of rebounding below the rim), Chris Paul, and Mr Unibrow himself, Anthony Davis!
Fear the Brow! He has caterpillars on his forehead.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Well, fighting thru the crowds at the Michael Jackson Immortal Tour wasn't easy, but the ticket decision was easy--$89 behind the basket in the top row or $99 on the baseline in the top row. I splurged. :) I was interested in the Maya Moore Immortal tour, not MJ. Plus some guys with unusual names will be playing too: LeBron, Carmelo, and Kobe. I heard they are pretty good too.

Yeah, but if it had been the Michael Jackson's World Tour of Immortal Single Malt Scotches you'd have been first in line and $1900 would have been cheap. Link http://www.amazon.com/Whiskey-The-D...=8-2&keywords=Michael+Jackson's+whiskey+books

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

Maddy, thanks for sharing. It is, also, stories like this that make reading the Boneyard worth reading. God bless you in you visit to NIH and my you be blessed by a circle of all the best people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom