National Signing Day | Page 3 | The Boneyard

National Signing Day

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I am old enough to remember when this was a big day for all the hoop signings. Not quite college football signing day in February but it was a big deal to send that fax the very first minute the signing period started.

Not any more.
But mostly we were afraid someone was going to come in late and grab one of our guys.

Reaction Score
“I look at where we’ll be with the people that return from this (2022-23) group that will get an opportunity to produce and grow and develop with this year’s team and that recruiting class,” Hurley said. “I think that we’ve got this period where our talent level is potentially going to look like past teams at UConn that truly had national championship aspirations, Final Four aspirations — I can legitimately feel that way about the team.”

Hurley said the Huskies are “on the precipice” of being at the point where they have a total roster with multiple high-level players.

“That five, they all bring a unique skill set, it’s a fantastic group and they got the type of makeup and pedigree and the talent level of the guys that have really flourished for us as young players — it’s a whole group of them,” he said. “We think that you can really start saying to yourself, ‘we can win a national championship with this nucleus of people we’re putting together’ — that’s what we’re going for, anything less than doing that and we’re gonna look at it as a failure.”

Alternate free access:

Dan Hurley says 2023 recruiting class heightens UConn men’s basketball national championship aspirations

Reaction Score
From tonight's broadcast i'm pretty sure Donny Marshall said he was related to Stewart. Did I hear that correctly? Did we know that before during the recruiting process?

Reaction Score
From tonight's broadcast i'm pretty sure Donny Marshall said he was related to Stewart. Did I hear that correctly? Did we know that before during the recruiting process?
I was going to post about that same thing. He definitely said they were related. I had never heard that mentioned at all prior to tonight.

Reaction Score
He did say that and no I've never heard or read that anywhere before.

Reaction Score
By the way, you were right about everything you said about Karaban a few years ago and all your subsequent posts on him. That kid can really play. He does just about everything really well already. He's so well schooled and is super competitive. I already get bummed when he takes a seat, he's already really good and will be an excellent college player.

Reaction Score
Hurley comments on all 5 recruits. Sorry if this was posted already.

"Steph is one of the top-rated point guards in the class and we expect him to be next in the line of great UConn guards. He is blessed with unique positional size and strength, which gives him tremendous potential as a two-way player."

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Hurley comments on all 5 recruits. Sorry if this was posted already.

"Steph is one of the top-rated point guards in the class and we expect him to be next in the line of great UConn guards. He is blessed with unique positional size and strength, which gives him tremendous potential as a two-way player."

Hot take comparison - Jaylin Stewart’s game reminds me of Paul Pierce

Reaction Score
O.K. one more article about the 2023 class.

BEST IN SHOW: CONNECTICUT

Not only does UConn hold the number one class in the Big East but they are also ranked top five nationally. Dan Hurley did a great job at bringing a complete class with talent, athleticism, and depth to replace the older roster the Huskies have. This class consists of two Top 50 prospects in Stephon Castle and Solomon Ball, a skilled wing in Jaylin Stewart, and two long term prospects in Jayden Ross and Youssouf Singare.

Ranks the classes in the Big East at the end.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom