National Signing Day Coverage | Page 6 | The Boneyard

National Signing Day Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And when posters convey concern with his decision making, his substitutions, his treatment of early games as a virtual preseason, his press conferences, etc, they are accused of being a lynch mob with hatchets ready.

You can't have it both ways.

It's not a problem (what you stated) It's the non stop over and over complaining in every thread.

Some do nothing but harp on every little thing without seeing anything positive. It gets old fast.

Reaction Score
-15d863cf4a3be606.JPG

Grandma has on PINK! A PINK UCONN SHIRT!!! Pink as in "NOT BLUE"!

She's gonna fit right in here.

Geremy Davis 2.0

Reaction Score
It's not a problem (what you stated) It's the non stop over and over complaining in every thread.

Some do nothing but harp on every little thing without seeing anything positive. It gets old fast.

You mean some people go on and on with negativity and name calling like you did when P was coach?

Reaction Score
Diaco is Diaco.

I think we can state that he is not going to give us the surprises that Edsall did. Just might be his philosophical makeup. WE did have a quick look at the handful of guys that seem to come regularly with Edsall (2004 on ...) from 1/21 to Signing Day. IMHO ... almost all of them were reaches. One notable exception, that was pointed out to me, Jasper Howard was a Signing Day surprise. Most of the others washed out; some became starters. Often they were the kids from Georgia or Florida - which tells me that those are somewhat systemic.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
BlueDogs said:
Diaco - "You can always have a good team if you are bigger than the opponent.” Amen to that. Lets get back to physical dominance as a first step.

More of this Bob, and less of the fortune cookie speak.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Re: size, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little concerned that "size" sounds like "prototypes" and we just brought in a bunch of big, slow guys. We won't know until they see the field. Given the choice between speed and size, I take speed every time.

"Prototype" scares you because it was the term Former "Coach" Pasqualoni threw liberally around. I think he wanted the prototype because he didn't know how to develop them. Diaco specifically focused on development last night on Sports Night with Joe D'Ambrosio.

Even when the former "coach" first got the UConn, we as fans understood that UConn was not Syracuse of the 90's/early 2000s and prototypes were not going to make themselves at home in the Burton Family complex.

Prototypes have a low ceiling and that's not a good thing as a 2 or low 3*.

Diaco claims he recruited 22 tall lumps of clay, fit to be molded.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is in regard to William Richardson, whom I am very high on.

Even though his official commitment was the most talked about this season. Was it official or wasn't it based on SAT scores. I am most high on this kids LOVE for Uconn. Very talented. Has put on 20 lbs since his offer and commitment. He even called the coaches this morning to tell them he's up to 240. On his official visit (with most of the signed classed) he got up at 4 am got the rest of the class up for an early morning work out. I love this. Leader, motivated, driven, the will to be great. What is not to like about this kid and this class. Many team captains. Many multisport athletes. The biggest thing to me, most if not all have joined in on the "family". They encourage and congratulate one another, from state to state. They all look forward to joining one another, in the same locker room and fighting for one another on the same battle field, wearing the same name across their chest for the same goal, VICTORY. I believe, they believe. We should hopefully all believe and encourage, cheer and support.

Sadly, there are too many who will make fun of me, call me names and say things in poor taste. But I am up beat and believe in the future of this program. I think this class has plenty of great athletes (how Beals got out of NJ without more offers is beyond me).

You nailed it, BNich. That's what this group is all about. Great kids and solid athletes who will work their butts off for coaches who inspire them. Will be fun to watch. They do believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom