National Champs!! | The Boneyard

National Champs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
We still have 8 months or so as the reigning national champs ... doesn't it feel great?

As a side note, I was reading through the college basketball preview in ESPN mag from last year and it's amazing to look back at the start of last year and read the supposed 'story lines'. UConn had 2 lines written about it in the BEast section and nothing else.

What a wonderful year.

Reaction Score
" it's amazing to look back at the start of last year and read the supposed 'story lines'. UConn had 2 lines written about it in the BEast section and nothing else."

Who knew?????????

Reaction Score
It has been awesome. I do not know about you but my work environment has been challenging. The NC and how we did it really has given me a reason to smile while I am slogging through the BS at work over the last 6 months. I still can't believe it.

If we are lucky enough to get back to a FF this year we will look back and see JL,RS,AD,AO ect and say we could see it coming with this group- last year not so much- which made it all the more sweet.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Still reading through it ... some really interesting things:
- The overwhelming choice for NPOY? Kyle Singler. (51.7% of votes)
- 56.1% of those polled picked Duke to win it all. Fair choice.
- 10.1% picked Michigan St. Ouch.
- Nova picked to win the BEast with Austin Freeman picked as player of the year and Fab Melo as freshman of the year.

Just shows how unpredictable a college basketball season can be.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
- Nova picked to win the BEast with Austin Freeman picked as player of the year and Fab Melo as freshman of the year.

Good points.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We still have 8 months or so as the reigning national champs ... doesn't it feel great?

As a side note, I was reading through the college basketball preview in ESPN mag from last year and it's amazing to look back at the start of last year and read the supposed 'story lines'. UConn had 2 lines written about it in the BEast section and nothing else.

What a wonderful year.

that should read 20 months

maybe even 32

dynasty baby

Reaction Score
considering all the doom, gloom and general negativity for the previous year(s) and that it was so utterly of the charts improbable (on it's own) made it soooo surreal...and ever so sweeeet!

Reaction Score

Correct me if I am wrong tykurez, but wasn't Calhoun snubbed from being voted one of the best coaches in the Big East in that issue? I think that Boeheim had the most, and Bob Huggins, Pitino and maybe Jay Wright had the other votes?

Reaction Score

What a wonderful year.

Considering we were concerned about whether our Huskies could get another impact recruit a while ago, nevermind win another NC during JC's last couple years, it is pretty amazing it? Hopefully they just play hard, fun UConn basketball and I'll be happy.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I still have the SI from last fall projecting the field of 68 (and guess who they didn't have making the cut).

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Correct me if I am wrong tykurez, but wasn't Calhoun snubbed from being voted one of the best coaches in the Big East in that issue? I think that Boeheim had the most, and Bob Huggins, Pitino and maybe Jay Wright had the other votes?

You're correct ... Boeheim got 44% of the vote while Huggins and Wright tied with 22%.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
You're correct ... Boeheim got 44% of the vote while Huggins and Wright tied with 22%.

all the other stuff in the SI is understandable. But this oversight was not. Who did the voting?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
all the other stuff in the SI is understandable. But this oversight was not. Who did the voting?

It was a random poll of players ... so perhaps that makes a difference.

Also, Calhoun was going into the year on the tail end of missing a postseason tournament while seeming to have little impact on his senior players, in addition to having what was arguably a "tough" recruiting year, and getting prepared to hear about upcoming sanctions.

Reaction Score
I prefer NATIONAL CHAMPS!

I lnow all caps isn't polite. But sometimes you feel like yelling. HUSKIES REIGNING NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
It was a random poll of players ... so perhaps that makes a difference.

Also, Calhoun was going into the year on the tail end of missing a postseason tournament while seeming to have little impact on his senior players, in addition to having what was arguably a "tough" recruiting year, and getting prepared to hear about upcoming sanctions.
Thanks. I guess the poll was asking players who they thought were the best coaches in the 2009-10 season as opposed to the history of the BE. That poll would have been accurate and not a snub.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I prefer NATIONAL CHAMPS!

I lnow all caps isn't polite. But sometimes you feel like yelling. HUSKIES REIGNING NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.
HUSKIES REIGNING NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!! HUSKIES THREE TIME NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!! JC A HOF COACH IN ELITE COMPANY WITH THREE OR MORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom