Nathan Carter | The Boneyard

Nathan Carter

Reaction Score
I thought everyone might like to see what Nate Carter apparently means to Michigan State this year. Looks like
without him they're nothing............... at least on the ground. If the page doesn't align properly and the players' names
aren't shown next to the stats, he's the first back listed and Berger is the second back (averaged 4.6 yds per carry last year
for over 600 yards).

So, here's the perfect example of how we can be a pipeline to a P4 school.............but not good enough in their opinions to
be a member of a P4 conference. BS in spades.

Michigan State

Michigan State Rushing

CARYDSAVGTDLONG
1-1-1.000
1-9-9.000

Reaction Score
I truly don’t get your point. It’s shocking to you that a G-5 team has a player that can start at a much higher level? In a sport with rosters of 85 scholarship players and 20 or more walk ons?

There are many G-5 players who can make big contributions at a P-5 level. Just like every year there are good G-5 teams that will clearly be better than the worst P-5 teams. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t overall significant talent gaps between the levels.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I truly don’t get your point. It’s shocking to you that a G-5 team has a player that can start at a much higher level? In a sport with rosters of 85 scholarship players and 20 or more walk ons?

There are many G-5 players who can make big contributions at a P-5 level. Just like every year there are good G-5 teams that will clearly be better than the worst P-5 teams. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t overall significant talent gaps between the levels.
I took the point is being one of our guys is thriving at a storied program. Just a statement of appreciation even after he moved on.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The 7th best brand in the Big Ten, soon to be 10th best, means storied?

Reaction Score
I took the point is being one of our guys is thriving at a storied program. Just a statement of appreciation even after he moved on.
There’s no place for positivity here.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The 7th best brand in the Big Ten, soon to be 10th best, means storied?
No, 11 national titles, playing football for well over 100 years and playing before packed crowds in hundred thousand seat stadium means storied.

Reaction Score
They played a crappy G5 team and today will be Richmond, an FCS team who lost to Morgan St. We will see how good he is or not after Washington, Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
No, 11 national titles, playing football for well over 100 years and playing before packed crowds in hundred thousand seat stadium means storied.
He doesn't play for Michigan. He plays for Michigan State. It's a step up from UConn, which has also been playing FB for over 100 years. You took it too far and faceplanted, It happens.

Reaction Score
That's impressive. If he can put up decent numbers against Wisconsin and Michigan then I think he has a good chance to get drafted. Hope he sees that success.

Reaction Score
MSU was lost last year when Walker went pro. Carter is an upgrade from Berger for sure. Good for him!

Reaction Score
MSU was lost last year when Walker went pro. Carter is an upgrade from Berger for sure. Good for him!
Agreed -- no sense wishing a player ill if he moves on. We've benefitted from transfers, and it goes both ways.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Maybe it was this part of the post…

“So, here's the perfect example of how we can be a pipeline to a P4 school.............but not good enough in their opinions to be a member of a P4 conference. BS in spades.’

Reaction Score
Carter was in shape and ripped - looked more athletic, especially laterally. Wonder what sort of effect it will have on the team when his coach gets…? Sounds like a pretty significant sexual harassment claim being decided early October in an off week. He’d have to fired, if true.

Reaction Score
I thought everyone might like to see what Nate Carter apparently means to Michigan State this year. Looks like
without him they're nothing............... at least on the ground. If the page doesn't align properly and the players' names
aren't shown next to the stats, he's the first back listed and Berger is the second back (averaged 4.6 yds per carry last year
for over 600 yards).

So, here's the perfect example of how we can be a pipeline to a P4 school.............but not good enough in their opinions to
be a member of a P4 conference. BS in spades.

Michigan State

Michigan State Rushing

CARYDSAVGTDLONG
1-1-1.000
1-9-9.000
Dead to me. Just stop with this praise of quitters.

Reaction Score
Good read:

-> “At the end of the day, if it’s not God's plan, you have to trust in him to know that whatever plan he has for you is good. It’s probably a better plan than what you think it is.” That wound up being UConn — where Nathan and his father both agree he’d probably still be if he hadn’t gotten hurt last year playing at Michigan. “If I didn’t have the injury, it would be a different story,” Nathan said.

The injury, which required surgery, gave Nathan time to think, to reassess his goals and dreams. Still, he had no intention of leaving UConn. He was content there. He had lots of relationships he valued. Besides, the transfer portal made him uneasy.

But while Nathan was sidelined, his father and high school coach — who’d had two sons play college football, one of them reaching the NFL — put out some feelers to gauge interest in Nathan from Power 5 schools. Nathan had gotten off to a strong start at UConn. And his dad and former coach knew his dream had been for something bigger. They also didn’t want to push him.

“He was like ‘Dad, the portal messes up a lot of guys,’ ” Darryl said. “He said, ‘They'll go into the portal and then they're falling on their faces and, man, that’s scary. I’ve got a good thing here.’ And I said, ‘Yeah, I agree. I’m not going to tell you who, what or where, because that would be inappropriate. I’m not going to try to pry you away. I want you to play where you want to play. But our team, we’ve done our work. You’ll have opportunities.’ ”

About a month later, Nathan told his father, “I want to play in the Power 5. I know I can do it.” <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom