Nathan Carter article | The Boneyard

Nathan Carter article

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
… or use the “Alternate access link” in here:

Alternate access link here <<

->“You could see on film he was banged up, but he powered through it,” Charlton said. “He is, like, our type of guy. He is what a UConn football player should be. He’s tough, he’s physical, he’s about it, here every day. At the end of the day, he’s a player you want to coach. There are gifts there, he has talent, but we need players who are about our culture.”

As the head coach at Maine, Charlton, recruited the Rochester, New York, area when Carter was captain and top runner for Bishop Kearney High. <-

-> Running backs coach E.J. Barthel has been pushing Carter on understanding the position and his role in the Huskies’ offense. Details like using his eyes to make the right reads, catching, blocking, picking up the blitz.

“I’m going to be better with the mental part of my game,” Carter said. “Understanding the schemes, the mental part of my position. Coach E.J. is really pushing me to get to that elite level. I need that pushing. If I want to get to a level I want to get to, I need a coach to push me.” <-

-> “He can do a lot of things,” Charlton said. “Nate’s stepped up, played multiple roles for us. We’re doing a lot of two-back stuff right now. In our one-back stuff, he’s getting the ball a lot, and he’s doing great things with the ball. He has some pretty natural pass-catching skills as well. The more skills you have, the more value you have. It’s harder to take you off the field.” <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman
Top Bottom