Nate Hopkins has left the team | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Nate Hopkins has left the team

Reaction Score
You never want to see guys quit.... but if he's quitting because he's not happy with his role in the second week of camp, it doesn't bother me.

We need guys willing to earn it.

Reaction Score
Ostrout: New Britain Herald - Sophomore running back Hopkins leaving UConn football program, will transfer

>>O’Reilly was one of three Huskies to awarded scholarships before training camp began last week, Edsall said Monday. Carlton Steer, a senior defensive lineman from East Hartford, and wide receiver Mason Donaldson also are now former walk-ons.“It was a great surprise,” O’Reilly said. “I came in last year in Week 2 and I’ve been working really hard to earn that scholarship and earn my way on this team.”

O’Reilly spent the 2015 football season at Merrimack College, playing mostly special teams as a freshman for the Division II North Andover, Massachusetts school. He spent the second semester of that academic year at a community college before applying to UConn. “I actually had plans on playing when (coach Bob) Diaco was here,” O’Reilly said of the 2016 season. “But that didn’t work out so I had to be a regular student for a season, which was hard. That was my first time in 13 years of not being able to play football.”

When Edsall was re-hired, O’Reilly immediately fired off a half-dozen emails to UConn staffers reminding them that he was on campus and anxious to play. After an open tryout, Edsall and his staff gave O’Reilly a shot. Needless to say, they don’t have any regrets.<<

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He is our modern day Rudy so to speak.
Whoever saw him this spring, saw he had excellent vision and a good burst. He looked like he belonged.

Sad to see Nate Hopkins leaving, but that is how things go at Division 1.

Reaction Score
I get that he probably expected to play more, but who doesn't want to be the guy that gets the ball on 4th and 1 at the goal line?

Maybe they don't expect to be in that situation very much?

(Joking)

Reaction Score

Happy he landed on his feet.. he went back home to finish his career it appears.. He's still forever a UConn Husky ( just like Tim Boyle and Joe Williams who both look as though they'll be suiting up for a NFL team this upcoming season )...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We could have used him last night. Oh well, I wish him well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom