Nate Hopkins has left the team | The Boneyard

Nate Hopkins has left the team

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Maybe writing is on the wall; Zavier Scott, O'Reilly, Dante Black and Khyon.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Mensah...

If O'Reilly is getting 1st team reps, it would seem that Mensah is not at 100% in terms of physical shape or playbook understanding. Hopefully he can make up for lost time even quicker now...

Reaction Score
If O'Reilly is getting 1st team reps, it would seem that Mensah is not at 100% in terms of physical shape or playbook understanding. Hopefully he can make up for lost time even quicker now...

I heard multiple RBs were working w/ the 1’s today @ different times.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm not worried. I think this simplifies things. Another Diaco era guy is out. I would prefer to have him, but Edsall looks to be bent on giving Hopkins's reps to O'Reilly.

Reaction Score
Your first couple RB's on the depth chart will usually take snaps with the 1s because they're going to be filtering in and out.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'm not worried. I think this simplifies things. Another Diaco era guy is out. I would prefer to have him, but Edsall looks to be bent on giving Hopkins's reps to O'Reilly.

Hopkins wasn't terrible. He came here with a P5 offer, was pretty good in short yardage situations, and seemed to suffer from some bad injury luck. This isn't the same as a Patriot League-level TE/DE "RKG" leaving.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Obviously something changed recently, maybe with Scott's arrival. I wish the best for Nate, of course, but I also hope it doesn't throw shade on our budding recruiting efforts in the DFW area. There is so much talent here for us to capitalize on.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Big deal. Hopkins was good when healthy, and Kevin Mensah has issues with academics and his own health. If Mensah goes down we have no experience

Reaction Score
...but who doesn't want to be the guy that gets the ball on 4th and 1 at the goal line?

Who wants to be the guy who ONLY gets the ball on 4th and 1 at the goal line.

Reaction Score
UConn has more pure athleticism at RB now than any year post Jordan Todman. It really doesn’t suck that a guy leaves because of reduced PT. It means the team is better. Mensah can handle short yardage situations just fine, especially with an improved OL.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The positive spin on this is the other 5 RB's must be looking darn good. This is what happens when recruiting takes a leap forward.

If we ever got to the point where we needed another RB Kevon Jones was a beast of a runner last year in high school. Very agile for his size and strong as an ox.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
O’Reilly was very impressive in the Spring Game ... natural back with nice vision

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom