Natalie Butler's Wait is Ovah!! Courant Article | The Boneyard

Natalie Butler's Wait is Ovah!! Courant Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Having watched from the sidelines last year, Natalie's got a lot of pent up emotions. And from watching her at the games you can tell she's very intense and will be a great teammate. I love how she paid her own way to attend some away games. Sounds like she's coming into the season in fantastic shape and, having practiced with the team all of last year, knows exactly what to expect. I've got a really good feeling here.

Reaction Score
Photo #12, KLS almost hit the rim ................amazing

Last edited:

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
Just go with "Lou" She seems to like it that way.

When the crowd starts calling out her name, she won't know if they are "Louing" or Mooing". Only DT knows the difference.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
When the crowd starts calling out her name, she won't know if they are "Louing" or Mooing". Only DT knows the difference.

Punching something orange tends to help with making that distinction...

Reaction Score
No, DT DIDN'T know the difference. Her "glass half full" outlook made her think the boos were moos.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not mentioned in this thread is the following snippet:

Butler committed to conditioning and is 20 pounds lighter. She also is stronger and more mobile. It has been time well-spent.

If that is accurate, it's a pretty remarkable transformation over a 1 year time frame. I know that people can certainly lose a lot of weight in a year, but for her to be so committed to her strength and conditioning bodes well for her remaining 3 years at UCONN. Really looking forward to see how this young lady performs for her team!

Moriah and Stewie have noticed as well - quotes mention Butler's improved fitness, movement, and strength/stamina.

Reaction Score
Not mentioned in this thread is the following snippet:

Butler committed to conditioning and is 20 pounds lighter. She also is stronger and more mobile. It has been time well-spent.

If that is accurate, it's a pretty remarkable transformation over a 1 year time frame. I know that people can certainly lose a lot of weight in a year, but for her to be so committed to her strength and conditioning bodes well for her remaining 3 years at UCONN. Really looking forward to see how this young lady performs for her team!

Moriah and Stewie have noticed as well - quotes mention Butler's improved fitness, movement, and strength/stamina.
She said she did it in 6 weeks in the summer, plus lifting and working on her agility.

Reaction Score
Butler Maid For UConn?

Looking forward to seeing the Butler do it!

Actually the wait is still on---at least officially, until Oct 16th. The photos of her in DC were amazing. And she plays great basketball by all reports. Can't wait to see her, Stewie, Tuck, Nurse, Jefferson--taking on ND, USC, Ohio!!!
Yet I have a supreme desire to see Collier, Ekmark, Saniya, KLS, Boykin, Gabby in action. It takes so long to get here--and is gone too fast!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
She said she did it in 6 weeks in the summer, plus lifting and working on her agility.
Didn't Stef do the same over the summer between her freshman and sophomore years? If I recall, she used P90X or Insanity for her workouts - brutal!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's exciting to read about Butler improving her conditioning. Keep in mind that prior to her coming to UConn, she had to shoulder a heavy load of minutes at Georgetown. 36 minutes on average. Even if she was pacing herself, that is not easy, considering how important her role was. I estimate that she arrived at college at least a year ahead of Stefanie Dolson in terms of conditioning development.

So if she's improved a lot from then, then she's in pretty fantastic shape for a big.

Reaction Score
It's exciting to read about Butler improving her conditioning. Keep in mind that prior to her coming to UConn, she had to shoulder a heavy load of minutes at Georgetown. 36 minutes on average. Even if she was pacing herself, that is not easy, considering how important her role was. I estimate that she arrived at college at least a year ahead of Stefanie Dolson in terms of conditioning development.

So if she's improved a lot from then, then she's in pretty fantastic shape for a big.
I would have been more surprised if she was not in the best condition of her brief UConn career. I can appreciate those who see big things from KLS, Gabby, and the others but I don't think you can put enough emphasis on the year that Butler has been able to practice, learn the system called Geno. and get used to the pace at which those four returning starters play the game. Barring any injury issues no one could possibly believe that Nurse, Stewart, Tuck, and Jefferson will not all be the starters. With that advantage of the year common sense (at least mine) dictates that Butler will be the fifth. What order Chong, KLS, Gabby, Boykin, Ekmark, and Collier come off the bench and where will they fit when they do is of course in the hands of the master puppeteer.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Didn't Stef do the same over the summer between her freshman and sophomore years? If I recall, she used P90X or Insanity for her workouts - brutal!

I think that's right - but she really started the process much earlier in the season, after the loss at Stanford.

CD sat her down and they had a 'come to Jesus' meeting about what she wanted her UCONN career to be like. Immediately thereafter, Stef started doing extra drills/practice individually with CD and she also doubled up on the usual strength & conditioning regimen that the rest of the team was doing. The results started coming pretty quick - but it wasn't 'complete' until people caught glimpses of her over that next summer and especially the next fall after she did P90X or whatever it was. Amazing transformation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom