Narcos Season 3 | The Boneyard

Narcos Season 3

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Season 3 is really good. The Cali Cartel is smarter than Escobar, and therefore a more credible adversary for the DEA. The whole season feels a little more refined and elegant. The people are classier, more sophisticated than most of the street thugs around Pablo.

One minor quibble. The show misses a bit of the comic relief from Escobar, Jody Moncada and Don Bierna being such idiots at times in Season 2. The Cali Cartel is more corporate, as they were in real life, but also a little less entertaining as villains. Chepe and Pacho are more fun than the Rodriguez brothers, but not quite the level of last season's crew. The Head of Cali Security character is awesome too.

Still, awesome show. I am pacing myself because I don't want to blow through the whole season in a single weekend.

Reaction Score
I can't pull away from this. I like it better than than the 1st 2, which I would have never thought possible.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Hated David, the son of Miguel, but this season was incredible in my opinion

David was supposed to be a screw up, and he was. Even his dad thought David was a screw up.

I liked all 3 seasons a lot, but I liked Season 2 the best. The pure insanity and stupidity of the Medillen Cartel, together with the increasingly lawlessness of the Americans, was very entertaining.

Reaction Score
David was supposed to be a screw up, and he was. Even his dad thought David was a screw up.

I liked all 3 seasons a lot, but I liked Season 2 the best. The pure insanity and stupidity of the Medillen Cartel, together with the increasingly lawlessness of the Americans, was very entertaining.
I think one of my favorite scenes of the whole series was in season 2 when Pablo and his mother find out about his cousins death, on the farm or wherever they are. The landscape is so cool and the whole scene is really well done.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
While Wagner Moura did a decent job and the Escobar antics were entertaining, I appreciated this season most of all from a dramatic standpoint. Chasing Cali was the way to go here. I'm very interested as to the future possibilities of Peña in Mexico that are alluded to at the end of the season.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
WTF DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS A 3RD SEASON???? FIGURED IT ENDED WITH ESCOBAR DYING!

Well, there goes my weekend

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The one thing that I missed about season 3 was that the first two seasons were really about Escobar, Pena and Murphy (and you could add Gustavo), so plenty of time for character development. Escobar was basically Tony Soprano - rotten guy, but had his moments of charm.

In season 3, other than the later episodes when Gilberto was in prison and much of the focus was on Miguel and to a lesser extent Salcedo, there just wasn't much to any of the characters, IMO. I did like Don Berna as comic relief. Pena's acting was one note, IMO. Basically two types of takes, a far stare or bent over with his hand pinching bridge of his nose like he had a headache. Less emotive than Chuck Norris. And the two new DEA guys... forgettable, unlike Murphy.

Reaction Score
Meh, not a huge fan. Then again I lived in Colombia for three years and have a wife from there so a lot of people take issue with the show there.

Reaction Score
Meh, not a huge fan. Then again I lived in Colombia for three years and have a wife from there so a lot of people take issue with the show there.
You don’t like it because Colombians get butt hurt over a (mediocre) show about their country being run by ruthless drug lords for decades? That’s like me, a guy of German ethnicity, getting upset over movies about Nazi Germany.

Reaction Score

Why do they take issue? Do they believe there are inaccuracies? Honestly interested to hear.

Reaction Score
Season 3 is really good. The Cali Cartel is smarter than Escobar, and therefore a more credible adversary for the DEA. The whole season feels a little more refined and elegant. The people are classier, more sophisticated than most of the street thugs around Pablo.

One minor quibble. The show misses a bit of the comic relief from Escobar, Jody Moncada and Don Bierna being such idiots at times in Season 2. The Cali Cartel is more corporate, as they were in real life, but also a little less entertaining as villains. Chepe and Pacho are more fun than the Rodriguez brothers, but not quite the level of last season's crew. The Head of Cali Security character is awesome too.

Still, awesome show. I am pacing myself because I don't want to blow through the whole season in a single weekend.

I have a few more episodes to go in Season 3. I agree with you that some of the spark is gone in Season 3, but that seems to be in line with Cali vs. Medillin. Pablo and the others were so over the top that the factual stuff was better than the fictionalized. I read a couple articles (one from Pablo's son) that try to hash out fact from fiction. The fiction seemed minor in order to help move through 2 seasons without having too many actors. Much of the crazy stuff was true. My favorite 30 for 30 is the Two Escobars. I want to watch it again after watching Narcos.

I think they take more literary license in Season 3. Maybe it's because there just weren't as many character stories about the Cali Cartel. Also, Pena had nothing to do with Cali in real life.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom