Narcos: Mexico | The Boneyard

Narcos: Mexico

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Off to a great start through 3 episodes. Villains are good, as usual with this franchise. Pena as the DEA agent is a little too stereotypical TV cop, but I will give him a little time.

Reaction Score
Saw ep1 - liked it. Also like the historical perspective. I look at this as historical fiction, not just entertainment.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This show is awesome. The episode with Cali and Pablo was as cool as cameo's can get. It is interesting that they make Gallardo seem so weak compared to Pablo and even the Cali crew. He is ruthless when he needs to be, but even that seems almost forced on Gallardo's part.

Neto is an awesome character, and the actor has such a distinctive look.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If my Spanish wasn't so scalitoey, I would re-watch the whole series. It is really well done, but the subtitles wear a little.

Reaction Score
This show is awesome. The episode with Cali and Pablo was as cool as cameo's can get. It is interesting that they make Gallardo seem so weak compared to Pablo and even the Cali crew. He is ruthless when he needs to be, but even that seems almost forced on Gallardo's part.

Neto is an awesome character, and the actor has such a distinctive look.

Neto and Rafa high out of their minds, jumping around like madmen because cd's don't skip was as funny as it gets to me. Neto was great.

Reaction Score
The last ten minutes of this season's final episode may be my favorite scene of the entire series to date. Miguel laying it all out to Walt was great, and I thought Diego Luna just nailed it, right down to his facial expressions, mannerisms, etc.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The last ten minutes of this season's final episode may be my favorite scene of the entire series to date. Miguel laying it all out to Walt was great, and I thought Diego Luna just nailed it, right down to his facial expressions, mannerisms, etc.

Spoilers:

I have rewatched that scene about 5 times. Miguel Felix Gallardo was a great and complex character, and a tough one to pull off by Diego Luna. Gallardo was brilliant and ruthless, but still considered weak and many of the other bosses, even those at the plazas who technically worked for him, barely respected and none of them, or his own people, loved him. It wasn't like one boss was challenging him, they all were, both within the Guadalajara Cartel and outside of it. The Cali Cartel had no respect for him at all. I don't know how much of that was based on fact, but it made the character a lot more relatable and the story more interesting because Gallardo never really seemed to belong at the top.

Even at his most ruthless, Gallardo was reactive and his ruthlessness often didn't have the intended impact. Killing Camarena backfired badly. The political powers had no respect for him at all, and the comparison between loved banditos like Acosta and Don Juan, and Gallardo, whose own wife despised him, could not have been clearer. As messed up as it is, I actually started to almost feel sympathy for him at the end.

Over the 5 seasons, Narcos has done an amazing job creating entirely separate personalities for the main characters, from Pablo's goofy insanity, to the misfit band of guerrillas and rival drug lord lunatics at Los Pepes, to the corporate excess of the Cali Cartel, to Gallardo and now the next generation of the plazas.

The show does a good job of pointing out just how messed up American efforts to stop the supply have been. Walt basically starts the war between Sinaloa and Tijuana by letting Tijuana know that Sinaloa is avoiding the tax instead of arresting the Sinaloans. He gets hundreds of people killed by that decision. I don't know if some DEA agent made that exactly decision, but there is no question that America has provoked the Mexican Drug War.

Season 3 of Narcos Mexico is going to be awesome. Tijuana vs. Sinaloa vs. Juarez vs. the Gulf.

Reaction Score
Finished episode 2-10 last night. The fake shipment was brilliant, although that would have required planning well in advance. Giving up 20 tons was outright crazy. I would have thought the Columbians would blame Felix and go after him for the loss.

My gripe: I thought they should have used a different theme song for Narcos Mexico.

Netflix's 'Narcos' Theme Song, Explained and Translated - Thrillist

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom