OT: - Napier is now my 2nd favorite ... | The Boneyard

OT: Napier is now my 2nd favorite ...

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
It pains me to say it, but Shabazz Napier is no longer my favorite Bazz.

On January 8, 2019 I welcomed my first son, Sebastian, into the world. We love Sebastian more than anything in the world, right above Huskies basketball.

I love the name Sebastian, but I've always had a soft spot for naming pets or children after my favorite athletes. This certainly isn't EXACTLY that, he was not named after Shabazz ... but it's an added bonus that some of our nicknames for him are Baz and Bazzy.

Me and my GF really bonded in 2014 over my beloved Huskies, and she LOVES Shabazz, so it worked out well.

So far, he is living up to the billing "Hungriest Husky" - - this dude never stops eating!

IMG_0657.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Mr. French. Sebastian. It's a Family Affair. (Only old people will get the reference)

On January 8, 2019 I welcomed my first son, Sebastian, into the world. We love Sebastian more than anything in the world, right above Huskies basketball.

I love the name Sebastian, but I've always had a soft spot for naming pets or children after my favorite athletes. This certainly isn't EXACTLY that, he was not named after Shabazz ... but it's an added bonus that some of our nicknames for him are Baz and Bazzy.

Me and my GF really bonded in 2014 over my beloved Huskies, and she LOVES Shabazz, so it worked out well.

So far, he is living up to the billing "Hungriest Husky" - - this dude never stops eating!

View attachment 39583

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Mr. French. Sebastian. It's a Family Affair. (Only old people will get the reference)

This is amazing. I have no idea what the connection is, but that's incredible.

Reaction Score
Best thing I’ve ever done was knock up the wife twice. Congrats! These first few years with them have been a blast. I’ll update this post in 10-12 years.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

View attachment 39583
Oh that picture deserves to be full size:
1550103285264.png

That is just awesome! Congratulations!!

(He's a good looking kid!)

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Oh that picture deserves to be full size:
View attachment 39598

That is just awesome! Congratulations!!

(He's a good looking kid!)

Thanks! I think he's pretty cute ... I figured I'd keep it as a thumbnail, but I'll take the blowup from you!

The kid will be a Husky fan, I imagine. Me and his mom have some great memories of UConn already in 5+ years together.

Saw Napier drop 30+ to lead a win over Pastner's Memphis in OT at the XL Center, and made my first game at Gampel the next year with Boat and Hamilton's team. We're going to try to bring Baz to a game next year, hopefully.

Then the 2014 team won the first 2 games 5 minutes from our apartment in Buffalo against Joe's and Nova, but I didn't even try to get tickets. We watched together at home, I was too nervous to go. I saw the Okafor team in 04 the first 2 rounds, but 14 I couldn't do it. It's a funny memory because I chose not to see it live, but that run was a blast for us.

Reaction Score
Congrats Mr. French. I can tell you from experience the first few months are rough, but once you get past that every day is better than the next. Enjoy!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Change it. Bazzy French has D-I point guard written all over it.

His old man is a chucker, no conscience, so I always figured he'd be a 2.

But you're right, that name is legit. That may be what I end up calling him, lol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom