Napier DNPCDs | The Boneyard

Napier DNPCDs

Reaction Score
This is ridiculous. I don't want to sound too homer-ish but I feel that he has been placed in 3 bad situations in 3 seasons. Heat were a mess in year 1, Magic have been a disgrace of a franchise since Penny left, and don't get me started on the blazers this year. All that money they gave Crabbe? Ridiculous.

It's frustrating watching players like Yogi and Seth Curry get PT and the chance to showcase their skills with Shabazz on the bench.

3 Great Landing Spots for Bazz

1) Hornets - Obviously. Sessions is out for a long time, could get PT there.
2) Jazz - Seems that Mack and Exum are not cutting it in Utah. Would love to see one of those guys flipped for Shabazz.
3) Bucks - They really only have Delladova as a PG. Brogdon plays a lot too but outside of those guys Jason Terry and Tony Snell? Get him to the Bucks!

Reaction Score
A great landing spot for him is Europe. He's not a good NBA player, he benefited that LeBron liked him so he was taken with a 1st round pick and then Miami immediately figured out he can't play at this level

It was good for him that Portland picked up his option, I have no idea why they did it

This is ridiculous. I don't want to sound too homer-ish but I feel that he has been placed in 3 bad situations in 3 seasons. Heat were a mess in year 1, Magic have been a disgrace of a franchise since Penny left, and don't get me started on the blazers this year. All that money they gave Crabbe? Ridiculous.

It's frustrating watching players like Yogi and Seth Curry get PT and the chance to showcase their skills with Shabazz on the bench.

3 Great Landing Spots for Bazz

1) Hornets - Obviously. Sessions is out for a long time, could get PT there.
2) Jazz - Seems that Mack and Exum are not cutting it in Utah. Would love to see one of those guys flipped for Shabazz.
3) Bucks - They really only have Delladova as a PG. Brogdon plays a lot too but outside of those guys Jason Terry and Tony Snell? Get him to the Bucks!

Reaction Score
he's slow, can't defend and his shot is now terrible because the closeouts are so fast he rushes

He is a total bust by any measure, but it's hard to say because he was picked higher because of the LeBron tweet

I hate to be that guy but perhaps his game just isn't suited to the NBA

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Doesn't he have guaranteed money for this year and next?

Reaction Score
he's slow, can't defend and his shot is now terrible because the closeouts are so fast he rushes

He is a total bust by any measure, but it's hard to say because he was picked higher because of the LeBron tweet

He is far from a "bust". I was never sure he would stick in the NBA and he had that run that many have who get picked higher than what their "NBA" talent may lend to them. He was a great college basketball player, huge. There's been plenty of those types who didn't flourish at the next level - Was Fredette an actual "bust"? I mean hype made him become an argument in that category but to those of us who knew what he was, I am happy for Bazz to get the payckecks he's getting and there's no shame in moving on to Europe at some point if the dream subsides, none whatsoever.

Reaction Score
He is far from a "bust". I was never sure he would stick in the NBA and he had that run that many have who get picked higher than what their "NBA" talent may lend to them. He was a great college basketball player, huge. There's been plenty of those types who didn't flourish at the next level - Was Fredette an actual "bust"? I mean hype made him become an argument in that category but to those of us who knew what he was, I am happy for Bazz to get the payckecks he's getting and there's no shame in moving on to Europe at some point if the dream subsides, none whatsoever.

No shame at all. He has to be a knock down shooter to stick. Just doesn't have the athleticism.

Reaction Score
If you are a 1st rounder and the team gives up on you in the 1st season and moves you for basically nothing that is pretty negative. And Orlando moved him for even less.

He was a great college player and I'm glad he got his 4th year, but he doesn't seem like he can play in the league. He has gone from 20 MPG to below 8 and only plays in about 1/2 the games.

Reaction Score
If you are a 1st rounder and the team gives up on you in the 1st season and moves you for basically nothing that is pretty negative. And Orlando moved him for even less.

He was a great college player and I'm glad he got his 4th year, but he doesn't seem like he can play in the league. He has gone from 20 MPG to below 8 and only plays in about 1/2 the games.

Why is he a bust then? Because the Cav's made a bad move? Seriously I believe that. A kid with incredible persistence, guts and clutch ability in colleg who was actually 5'11"with good quickness but not overall athletic ability. Is it his fault they didn't see what they did get? He's not a bust the GM is.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately the player gets the label

I thought he would be a good enough shooter to play and stay in the league but his shooting is awful

He might still find his way, he's only 25

Why is he a bust then? Because the Cav's made a bad move? Seriously I believe that. A kid with incredible persistence, guts and clutch ability in colleg who was actually 5'11"with good quickness but not overall athletic ability. Is it his fault they didn't see what they did get? He's not a bust the GM is.

Reaction Score
He's never been a catch and shoot guy, even in college. At his size, he needs to be able to do that to have any chance.

I'd bet that on a truly dreadful team if he was playing real minutes, he could put up some numbers...but I haven't seen him play enough in the NBA to say so for sure. He just seems like one of those guys that needs the ball in his hands...if you throw him back into college tomorrow I bet he's better than some of the guys in the NBA, but he's playing a different role in a different game and things haven't translated for him.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Don't blow it out of proportion. Look at how many DNPCD's Jahlil Okafor has this season and he was a top draft pick.

Reaction Score
He's a third world version of Eddie House and that is why he doesn't play.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Don't blow it out of proportion. Look at how many DNPCD's Jahlil Okafor has this season and he was a top draft pick.

That isn't remotely similar.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom