Napheesa Impresses Everyone. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Napheesa Impresses Everyone.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I would argue against most. Perhaps a majority, but no other player in the top-1o in shooting percentage had as varied a scoring game as Collier. And not every shot within 5 feet is an easy one. How many players have the Kevin McHale type post moves Collier does?
The most difficult aspect of the five-foot shot is getting it. Pheesa does so much work before she gets the ball. terrific player.

Reaction Score
Geno doesn't care about a players offense it's defense that gets you in the starting lineup. If im not mistaken collier was in foul trouble more then anyone last season and we all seen what happened against miss state as their post player was able to score at will down low.

Reaction Score
Phees is my favorite Husky ever. Poised, gracious, modest, well-spoken. She possesses an exemplary work ethic. And her game is a lot like her personality--graceful, efficient, quiet, effective. In addition, she seems to understand that while basketball is certainly an important part of her life, it is only one part of it and that there are far greater matters of concern in the world. Long after her career as a basketball player is over, I expect Ms. Collier will be contributing to the world in ways that have a far lasting effect.

In many ways she is, metaphorically speaking, the photographic negative of DT. And that's no knock on perhaps the GOAT (to date!).

Reaction Score
She has a legitimate shot at winning the Wooden Award. Aja Wilson is very definitely the front runner, and deservedly so, but this article makes it sound like Collier's improved a lot yet again. And there's not much room for improvement over last year without becoming better than every other player in the nation.
I don't feel Collier is that great. Can she dominate Kevin Durant or Labron James in a one on one playing her great all around game? Can she outshoot Curry in three point contest with her smooth reliable stroke? She can't even stay out of foul trouble when none of her teammates put in effort to help her. So, no she is not so great. Next season they need to just give her the ball and get the hell out of the way. Then she can prove she's the best at her game.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't feel Collier is that great. Can she dominate Kevin Durant or Labron James in a one on one playing her great all around game? Can she outshoot Curry in three point contest with her smooth reliable stroke? She can't even stay out of foul trouble when none of her teammates put in effort to help her. So, no she is not so great. Next season they need to just give her the ball and get the hell out of the way. Then she can prove she's the best at her game.
DATS-A-GOOD.jpg

Reaction Score
Phees is my favorite Husky ever. Poised, gracious, modest, well-spoken. She possesses an exemplary work ethic. And her game is a lot like her personality--graceful, efficient, quiet, effective. In addition, she seems to understand that while basketball is certainly an important part of her life, it is only one part of it and that there are far greater matters of concern in the world. Long after her career as a basketball player is over, I expect Ms. Collier will be contributing to the world in ways that have a far lasting effect.

In many ways she is, metaphorically speaking, the photographic negative of DT. And that's no knock on perhaps the GOAT (to date!).
Well said! I agree, and love your comparison to DT-dead on.

Reaction Score
The joke is you idiots thinking that geno is going to have gabby or kls playing pg and running the team when they haven't played guard at uconn since day 1. Not one person on this site has ever given me the name of a player that geno has started at forward their first couple years and then magically changed them to starting pg! So someone convince me! If you read my posts you'd know i said that collier and Z would battle it out for the 5th starters spot and i said Z would win out and start.
I don't think we idiots are arguing that Gabby or Lou will play point. The question is whether Crystal gets to start at point, or come in later; in the latter case, it would be Kia who would start at point and then move over when Crystal is in. At least that's what some of us idiots are wondering about.

Reaction Score

Actually she beat Labron James the other day, it's Lebron James who kicks her butt...........................:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Geno doesn't care about a players offense it's defense that gets you in the starting lineup. If im not mistaken collier was in foul trouble more then anyone last season and we all seen what happened against miss state as their post player was able to score at will down low.
I am having trouble reading your English.
But I know you are mistaken not only in English but also in mind thinking.

Reaction Score
The joke is you idiots thinking that geno is going to have gabby or kls playing pg and running the team when they haven't played guard at uconn since day 1. Not one person on this site has ever given me the name of a player that geno has started at forward their first couple years and then magically changed them to starting pg! So someone convince me! If you read my posts you'd know i said that collier and Z would battle it out for the 5th starters spot and i said Z would win out and start.
different_types_of_nuts_walnut_hazelnut_cashew_peanuts_brazil_cg1p43190965c_th.jpg

Not sure which one of these you are, bizarro; take your pick. Oh, and let me add that I believe Napheesa will be one of UConn's all-time greats before she's done. So there. :p

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Collier was absorbing a lot of contact in that twitter video, didn't seem bothered by it at all. She's so smooth that I don't really think of her as being very physical, but that's probably a misperception on my part.

Reaction Score

Who has said this? Will you get it through your head that NURSE will be the 1, Samuelson 2, Williams 3, Collier 4, and Stevens 5? There is ZERO chance that Auriemma is going to start a virtually unproven(although she has shown signs of greatness) player in Dangerfield over an All American and arguably best player of the team in Collier or an honorable mention All American that is a year better and stronger and by most accounts was just the best player at the U23 tryouts in Stevens!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
We all know that things can change over the course of days, weeks or months. Does anyone think there could be a change in the starting lineup that starts during the Italy games, and the lineup that starts the first non-exhibition game in November? If so, who could lose their starting spot? The player that fills Chong's spot, or someone else?

Reaction Score
Who has said this? Will you get it through your head that NURSE will be the 1, Samuelson 2, Williams 3, Collier 4, and Stevens 5? There is ZERO chance that Auriemma is going to start a virtually unproven(although she has shown signs of greatness) player in Dangerfield over an All American and arguably best player of the team in Collier or an honorable mention All American that is a year better and stronger and by most accounts was just the best player at the U23 tryouts in Stevens!

I will believe you if you can tell me how many times kls has started at guard her first 2 seasons at uconn?
Where was collier's or nurses great play against miss st?

Reaction Score
Agree that this year, possibly more than any in history, minutes will come from defense. With several "bigs" to take the down low defensive load, predict Collier will be matched up against those her own size versus last year when she was often the last resort against true centers. Collier is quick and great shot blocker-would not want her guarding me if small forward at Baylor, Maryland, etc.

Reaction Score

Stop! McCowan scored all of 10 points in that game. That is not exactly "scoring at will down low". You can't just make stuff up to fit your narrative.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I don't think we idiots are arguing that Gabby or Lou will play point. The question is whether Crystal gets to start at point, or come in later; in the latter case, it would be Kia who would start at point and then move over when Crystal is in. At least that's what some of us idiots are wondering about.

Who is going to be the new 5th starter - has been a "hot button" topic all summer. Stevens or Dangerfield. There are a lot of fans on BOTH sides of the aisle on this one. Normally we would have to wait until November to find out. But because of the Italy tour games which begin a week from tomorrow (Monday August 14), we won't have to wait until November like we usually do. We'll know then.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I can't wait until the season starts! I have always liked Collier's game.

You've got lots of company. Many UConn fans expect to see improvement in her overall game from last year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom