Napheesa Impresses Everyone. | The Boneyard

Napheesa Impresses Everyone.

Reaction Score
Curious to know what Geno thinks about outside coaching during the summer for his players..........certainly can't complain about the results here

Reaction Score
WOW!!:
We'll throw different stuff at her and her ability to pick things up is quicker than any athlete that I've ever seen or any athlete that I've every worked with.

and "duh" :)
It's going to [be] something," Bazzell said. "They're going to be tough to beat the next couple of years."

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
WOW!!:
We'll throw different stuff at her and her ability to pick things up is quicker than any athlete that I've ever seen or any athlete that I've every worked with.

and "duh" :)
It's going to [be] something," Bazzell said. "They're going to be tough to beat the next couple of years."

I like "duh"! Don't knock "duh".

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
That article made me very hungry for the fall. If Phee and Gabby have both sharpened their mid-range skills, well, they and all the Huskies are going to be something to behold for sure.

Collier's mid-range shot was pretty fantastic the way it was. I found that an odd piece of the article.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I am waiting for a "bizarre" post predicting that she will come off the bench this year.

Good job! I wish I would have thought of this. Too funny! :D

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
She has a legitimate shot at winning the Wooden Award. Aja Wilson is very definitely the front runner, and deservedly so, but this article makes it sound like Collier's improved a lot yet again. And there's not much room for improvement over last year without becoming better than every other player in the nation.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
She has a legitimate shot at winning the Wooden Award. Aja Wilson is very definitely the front runner, and deservedly so, but this article makes it sound like Collier's improved a lot yet again. And there's not much room for improvement over last year without becoming better than every other player in the nation.

Collier was arguably the best player in the nation last year.

Reaction Score
I am waiting for a "bizarre" post predicting that she will come off the bench this year.

It is my opinion after watching Precious for the past 2 years and reading this Robot comment that --Collier shall be 3rd off the bench, next year.

Reaction Score
That article made me very hungry for the fall. If Phee and Gabby have both sharpened their mid-range skills, well, they and all the Huskies are going to be something to behold for sure.
The one report from the U23 practice games was when Gabby was on the Aja team and they shot from all over the floor without a miss--Gabby did us proud.

Reaction Score
The joke is you idiots thinking that geno is going to have gabby or kls playing pg and running the team when they haven't played guard at uconn since day 1. Not one person on this site has ever given me the name of a player that geno has started at forward their first couple years and then magically changed them to starting pg! So someone convince me! If you read my posts you'd know i said that collier and Z would battle it out for the 5th starters spot and i said Z would win out and start.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Collier's mid-range shot was pretty fantastic the way it was. I found that an odd piece of the article.
There's always something you can do to improve your game but when you're as good at positioning as Pheesa, when you have superior footwork, duck under moves and can finish with either hand, it's probably a good idea to keep doing what you're doing and that means mostly setting up residence in the low post. The main reason Pheesa shot 68% last year was that most of her shots were inside five feet.

Pheesa can still set those back screens for Gabby at the high post and work some pick and rolls with Z off the wing and any opponent that tries to thwart that by packing the paint will pay dearly by creating space for two of the game's deadliest 3-point shooters, KLS and Kia.

So I don't think I'd want to change a whole lot about Pheesa's game.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The main reason Pheesa shot 68% last year was that most of her shots were inside five feet.

I would argue against most. Perhaps a majority, but no other player in the top-1o in shooting percentage had as varied a scoring game as Collier. And not every shot within 5 feet is an easy one. How many players have the Kevin McHale type post moves Collier does?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom