Napheesa Collier participating in 3x3 National Championships | The Boneyard

Napheesa Collier participating in 3x3 National Championships

Reaction Score
Oregon is being represented by Boley, Gildon, Hebard, and Ionescu. That should be another good team. Hebard/Anigwe, Boley/Collier, Gildon/Ogunbowale , and Ionescu/Durr matchups

Reaction Score
Oregon is being represented by Boley, Gildon, Hebard, and Ionescu. That should be another good team. Hebard/Anigwe, Boley/Collier, Gildon/Ogunbowale , and Ionescu/Durr matchups

Gildon isn't a good matchup for Ogunbowale AT ALL :confused:

Reaction Score
I agree. Collier is going to run circles around Boley too. If the two teams meet.

I'm confused on the invitation of Gildon. Why not Sabally who is far more versatile and can defend mutltiple positions?

Reaction Score
I'm confused on the invitation of Gildon. Why not Sabally who is far more versatile and can defend mutltiple positions?
I thought that too, but I remembered she's from Germany and plays for them. Their other starting guard Corzola (?) plays for Spain. So I guess that's the best they could do.

Reaction Score
Sabally is very versatile, but I think she's German... ;)

Well actually she was born in NY but I guess if you spend your growing years in a certain place your now from that place.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
I agree. Collier is going to run circles around Boley too. If the two teams meet.

Maybe, but Oregon did beat Napheesa's team 22-17 this morning. I can't find any box score, however.

Reaction Score
Maybe, but Oregon did beat Napheesa's team 22-17 this morning. I can't find any box score, however.
So are they out now? Or is today just some scrimmage type of games today?

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
So are they out now? Or is today just some scrimmage type of games today?

It's called the "preliminary round. There's a schedule with result at the link above.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Collier's team won their other 4 games.

Only Ionescu's went undefeated in the prelims. Hard to beat her.

Their teams are on opposite sides in the quarters.

Championship game at 3:20 eastern online.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Ionescu is playing with her own teammates from OU. A very big advantage. Especially when one of then is Ruthy Hebbard. Just out of curiosity, is there some form of coaching being done during the games and if so, do we know who the coaches are?

Reaction Score
Ionescu is playing with her own teammates from OU. A very big advantage. Especially when one of then is Ruthy Hebbard. Just out of curiosity, is there some form of coaching being done during the games and if so, do we know who the coaches are?
There's a huge advantage when Hebard travels every possession. To my knowledge, I don't believe there's coaching. I know Kara Lawson coached the under 18 team last year because they kept winning silver instead of gold. She coached Williams of the 2018 class and they finally won gold again.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

When I saw on twitter that Oregon went undefeated I was curious if they played. Colliers team was dubbed a "Super Team" but Ionescu is tough and Hebard knows how to play against Anigwe as they are PAC12 foes. Having team chemistry is key. Should be some great games today.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Napheesa's team (N.A.A.K. -- first letter of the players's first name) advanced to the semi-finals with a 21-7 win over the Washington Huskies. I'm thinking the semi-final games are over or close to being over. The USABB site is very slow in updating scores. I expect N.A.A.K to play the OU team in the finals.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
They lost in the semis.

Indeed they did lose, 21-19. The team of Napheesa, Asia Durr, Arike O and Kristine Anigwe lost to a team consisting of Danika Dale (Liberty), Kristen McCarthy and Shaqwedia Wallace (Temple) and Veshaundra Young (Martin Methodist). Interesting.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
From the final on Insta, both teams were not impressive and SI couldn't hit the side of a barn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom