Napheesa Collier participating in 3x3 National Championships | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Napheesa Collier participating in 3x3 National Championships

Reaction Score
From the final on Insta, both teams were not impressive and SI couldn't hit the side of a barn.
Apparently the selection committee is deciding what to do. They planned on Pheesa’s team winning and heading to the Philippines in early June to represent USA. This throws a little wrench in that.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Apparently the selection committee is deciding what to do. They planned on Pheesa’s team winning and heading to the Philippines in early June to represent USA. This throws a little wrench in that.

I don't know how the final selection works, but it seems problematic to choose a 2-loss team over one that went undefeated throughout the tournament, beat Pheesa's team, and includes the tournament most valuable player (Ionescu), who couldn't buy a basket in the final (except the last one), but had 8 rebounds+. When you add Hebard defending, rebounding, and scoring inside, Boley shooting 3's, and Gildon being a solid contributor it's not a bad lineup for this kind of competition.

Reaction Score
I don't know how the final selection works, but it seems problematic to choose a 2-loss team over one that went undefeated throughout the tournament, beat Pheesa's team, and includes the tournament most valuable player (Ionescu), who couldn't buy a basket in the final (except the last one), but had 8 rebounds+. When you add Hebard defending, rebounding, and scoring inside, Boley shooting 3's, and Gildon being a solid contributor it's not a bad lineup for this kind of competition.
Agreed, plus they are comfortable with each other and have chemistry. Clearly Pheesa’s team did not. However, I wouldn’t be shocked for them to drop 1 or 2 of the Oregon girls (SI & RH) are safe obviously but adding a very unselfish Pheesa with them would be very interesting. From the sounds of it. Durr & Arike didn’t defend at all. Heard Pheesa did well.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Twitter blew up when this was announced that Napheesa was on the "Super Team" and they should win easily. One high profile women's poster on twitter said to "why bother and book this teams tickets to the Philippines"

Its why they play the games. Its just one quarter and anything can happen. For me (without seeing the games) I wonder how the team played together.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Agreed, plus they are comfortable with each other and have chemistry. Clearly Pheesa’s team did not. However, I wouldn’t be shocked for them to drop 1 or 2 of the Oregon girls (SI & RH) are safe obviously but adding a very unselfish Pheesa with them would be very interesting. From the sounds of it. Durr & Arike didn’t defend at all. Heard Pheesa did well.

I didn't know that was possible. Pheesa would be great add--probably, I would imagine, for Gildon. Hebard is very good, and getting better, but Pheesa is, well, Pheesa, and they would be a very tough matchup inside. I'd keep Boley since she's money from long range.

Reaction Score
I didn't know that was possible. Pheesa would be great add--probably, I would imagine, for Gildon. Hebard is very good, and getting better, but Pheesa is, well, Pheesa, and they would be a very tough matchup inside. I'd keep Boley since she's money from long range.
The committee can do whatever they feel gives them the best chance. I look at it as Golden State adding Durant. Doesn’t hurt! Hahaha

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
This is from the story on the championship game that is posted at the USA BB site:

The four athletes that will comprise the 2018 USA Women’s 3x3 World Cup Team are expected to come from participants at the 2018 USA Basketball 3x3 National Championships. The four-member team will be announced at a later date.

Oregon Ducks Take USA Basketball Women’s 3x3 National Championship Title

The winning team does not automatically represent USA at the World Cup.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
For those who have followed 3x3, this team doesn't look like the mold. Only 1 ball handler who is not known for speed, lack of defense and a shooter who can be face guarded as she cannot move. The team needs versatility and this team has basically 3 forwards who each have a specific strength but are not versatile.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom