Napheesa’s home game scheduled | The Boneyard

Napheesa’s home game scheduled

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Nice comments from their head coach:

It’s great that the best women’s basketball team in the country respects St. Louis women’s basketball and wants to come and play,” SLU coach Lisa Stone said. “Napheesa is coming home and it will be an honor to walk on a court with that team. And it shows how far our program has come.”

Reaction Score
Nice comments from their head coach:

It’s great that the best women’s basketball team in the country respects St. Louis women’s basketball and wants to come and play,” SLU coach Lisa Stone said. “Napheesa is coming home and it will be an honor to walk on a court with that team. And it shows how far our program has come.”

Stone former coach at Wisconsin.

I wouldve preferred a game vs Mizzou, but Columbia is 90+ mins away and SLU just 30 mins, so it really is a home game.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think it’s great that a mid-major like St Louis will except the challenge of facing a team like UConn. Certainly the Billikens will gain some notoriety and there should be a great crowd on hand, but they’re likely to get a beat down in the process.

Reaction Score
I think it’s great that a mid-major like St Louis will except the challenge of facing a team like UConn. Certainly the Billikens will gain some notoriety and there should be a great crowd on hand, but they’re likely to get a beat down in the process.
G5 schools by definition are mid-major and that now includes UConn.

Last edited by a moderator:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The Billiken Report, the St. Louis Billikens men's message board is getting a number of positive comments concerning UCONN's women team and their visiting St. Louis next season. Some believe the game will be sold out.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
"Beat down" is not the right term unless Geno plays his bench for two quarters. Also, this game is not scheduled because the Billlikens have elevated their program so much as to earn it, as Coach Stone stated; it is scheduled because Geno promised Collier he would schedule a home town game for her.

Reaction Score
So it’ll be an even matchup. :cool:
Not necessarily. The are differences in talent level on teams at all levels of sports. For example, using last years UConn men's team, they were handily defeated by many G5 schools and could easily have been defeated by more. Villanova is a G5 school and midmajor, yet they won the national championship. Athleticism matters. Labels don't.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Not necessarily. The are differences in talent level on teams at all levels of sports. For example, using last years UConn men's team, they were handily defeated by many G5 schools and could easily have been defeated by more. Villanova is a G5 school and midmajor, yet they won the national championship. Athleticism matters. Labels don't.
UConn has a men’s basketball team? :oops:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I read a few article in MO papers when Collier committed. They seemed especially proud of one their own going to UConn. Should be a nice homecoming.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I read a few article in MO papers when Collier committed. They seemed especially proud of one their own going to UConn. Should be a nice homecoming.
If she doesn’t stay locally, she might as well go to the best program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom