name of pep band song at time out with 7:33 left in game? | The Boneyard

name of pep band song at time out with 7:33 left in game?

Reaction Score
Does anyone know the name of the song the pep band was singing with 7:33 left in the 2nd half? It goes something like "Welcome to the ..." but I couldn't hear the rest of the words. In all my years of going to the games in the 90s I don't remember this song.

Last night was a great atmosphere-it reminded me of the old Big East days.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Didn’t hear it but I’m just guessing this is it.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know the name of the song the pep band was singing with 7:33 left in the 2nd half? It goes something like "Welcome to the ..." but I couldn't hear the rest of the words. In all my years of going to the games in the 90s I don't remember this song.

I take it you've never been to a UConn football game at the Rent... ;)

Reaction Score
I take it you've never been to a UConn football game at the Rent... ;)
LOL. I have not. I was going to go these last few years, but yeah it was barely palpable watching on TV.

That was welcome to the jungle? Wow. The tunes the band played sounded nothing like that song, but I guess the lyrics were "woah woah welcome to the jungle". Thanks.

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
We have a pretty edgy pep band, I bet it was this one...

I'm getting banned for that, it was great s-posting with you all, Go Huskies!

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
im at a uhart b-ball game a couple weeks ago. During a break the band is playing a song that sounds familiar... then I recognize it but can’t believe they are playing it
“Fat bottom Girls” by Queen!!
Tried to post the video but must be too large of a file to post.

Reaction Score
After we go on a big run and the opponent calls timeout we should end the timeout with "Welcome to the Jungle " with the fans pumping up our defense. It was good to hear it last night but it had to be cut off too soon as play resumed.

Reaction Score
On another unrelated note, I thought it was a bit odd that ECUs band played an extended version of Rage Against the Machines “Killing in the Name Of” during one of the timeouts last Saturday

Reaction Score
If you mean odd as totally awesome then I agree!

Well yea it’s an amazing raw crazy energy song...which is good for an athletic event...but it’s lyrics are about crooked racist KKK cops. Which makes it an odd/awkward song for a band of a university in the South to play

Reaction Score
Well yea it’s an amazing raw crazy energy song...which is good for an athletic event...but it’s lyrics are about crooked racist KKK cops. Which makes it an odd/awkward song for a band of a university in the South to play
In my view it makes it all the more appropriate. Universities in the south are often the venues of such criticisms.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
Your point has merit. I agree. We used to play rage all the time back in the day and the meaning and lyrics were often lost on us.. we just heard the aggression and energy

Reaction Score

They play this all the time but I have no idea if it’s a real song or just a “band song”... definitely not welcome to the jungle. Good luck.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom