Name another team that can equal this resume? | The Boneyard

Name another team that can equal this resume?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We have played and defeated in our last seven games against ranked teams pretty much the elite of WCBB by between 15 and 20 points. In order starting with the sweet 16 last year we have bested Maryland, Kentucky , ND, Louisville, Stanford ,Maryland and Penn State! That speaks volumes about the UCONN program.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
What's left?
Duke/ Baylor who we'll see soon
ND and UTenn, who we won't, unless they turn up in our bracket or the final-four.
I'd worry the most about ND.

Reaction Score
As long as we're healthy, we have the best chance of winning the championship. Could we win the championship short handed? Yes, but I hope we don't have to. Everyone wants Kaleena and Morgan back and able to be a playing part of the team.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
As long as we're healthy, we have the best chance of winning the championship. Could we win the championship short handed? Yes, but I hope we don't have to. Everyone wants Kaleena and Morgan back and able to be a playing part of the team.
No worries. Morgan in a few more weeks and I have a good feeling about KML.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
What's left?
Duke/ Baylor who we'll see soon
ND and UTenn, who we won't, unless they turn up in our bracket or the final-four.
I'd worry the most about ND.
I'd love to face ND when we are at full strength. I'd be a little nervous, but they don't have a front court that matches up to ours as well, and they bring no one like Chong, Tuck, Stokes or Banks off the bench. Also they have no one like KML (better than McBride), and I think our guards are every bit as good as theirs <on edit> (Mo and Bria vs. Allen and Jewell)...

Last edited:

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I'd love to face ND when we are at full strength. I'd be a little nervous, but they don't have a front court that matches up to ours as well, and they bring no one like Chong, Tuck, Stokes or Banks off the bench. Also they have no one like KML, and I think our guards are every bit as good as theirs (Mo and Bria vs. Kayla and Jewell)...
Most importantly, they are relying on a freshman point guard.

Reaction Score
We have played and defeated in our last seven games against ranked teams pretty much the elite of WCBB by between 15 and 20 points. In order starting with the sweet 16 last year we have bested Maryland, Kentucky , ND, Louisville, Stanford ,Maryland and Penn State! That speaks volumes about the UCONN program.

Really good point and Geno alluded to it after the Maryland game.

Reaction Score
Not trying to be a wise but can you name another team that has our roster and coaching staff? Injuries aside most have them picked to repeat.
What will be important is how the team responds in the NCAA tourny with such a... to be nice I will call a light conference schedule.
Not sure of who anyone would have thought we would have lost to so far... Just say'n...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
One thing that is,also, true is that Muffet can coach and she has time for that PG before they'll see us. On the other hand that PG will face no one else like UCONN.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Most importantly, they are relying on a freshman point guard.

A freshman hitting 62% of her field goals, and averaging 11 points per game.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Not trying to be a wise but can you name another team that has our roster and coaching staff? Injuries aside most have them picked to repeat.
What will be important is how the team responds in the NCAA tourny with such a... to be nice I will call a light conference schedule.
Not sure of who anyone would have thought we would have lost to so far... Just say'n...

I know there are Penn State fans who didn't expect to beat UConn at full strngth, but thought they had a shot with the injuries.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
A freshman hitting 62% of her field goals, and averaging 11 points per game.

Well, against the only decent team of the three they have played, she scored 7 points on 33% shooting.

The other two games were against really weak teams that ND beat by 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom