Naismith High School Player of the Year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Naismith High School Player of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I am confused as to how posters evaluate players they have never seen play.

So, thanks to the folks at HG, who have.

I totally agree with this comment. I am persistently amazed at how some posters make finite projections long into the future that include minutes to be played, points to be scored and position to be played -- all about players known only by evaluations of the scouting services, reinforced by some news clippings.

I guess it just shows that some posters have keener insights than I do.

I confess, though, that I have a strong hunch that Brianna Stewart will somehow find a place in the UConn rotation -- at least by her sophomore year.

JS

Reaction Score
I confess, though, that I have a strong hunch that Brianna Stewart will somehow find a place in the UConn rotation -- at least by her sophomore year.
For a guy who used to dive out of airplanes and glide down while possibly being shot at, it seems you've finally developed some real daring.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yeah, but it might turn out like THIS:

moe-howard-7.jpg
We're getting MoJeff. This is MoHow.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Those services don't know a damn thing. I have my own service and have a little tip for you. There is a kid from Smithton, Nebraska, a 2013 kid, better than any of them. Clarabelle Houghdown, a 6'4" 3 point shooting, ball-handling whiz who can also bang with the best of them - according to the local boys. She doesn't play AAU, and her hs doesn't have a team, which is largely irrelevant because she has had incapacitating ACL injuries every year since her tragic fall in the sack race at the big county fair when she was in the 6th grade. I haven't been able to see her play on several occasions, so she is pretty much a well kept secret between me, Geno and her orthopedist. UConn has always been her dream school, having written in her class essay that she always wondered what was just north of Canada. Clarabelle, come on down.

Reaction Score
... There is a kid from Smithton, Nebraska, a 2013 kid, better than any of them. Clarabelle Houghdown, a 6'4" 3 point shooting, ball-handling whiz who can also bang with the best of them - according to the local boys...

Do you mean THIS Clarabelle????????

65222357-5f79-4d7c-ad2b-d5347a0f10c9.grid-4x2.jpg

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Do you mean THIS Clarabelle????????

65222357-5f79-4d7c-ad2b-d5347a0f10c9.grid-4x2.jpg

Well, that is actually my Clarabelle's great-grandfather. The Houghdown family out-did the George Forman family as every member of the family, male and female, since the family moved to the Nebraska territory in 1817 has been named Clarabelle. The Houghdown's were noted for a signature lack of imagination, but monograms were never a problem. Her grandfather would have starred for the U of Nebraska basketball team (that's where she get's her skills) but for the fact that he never graduated high school and besides, he was way too good for the Cornhuskers of the late 50s. And I wish you would stop clowning around with my posts. I suspect that you are a closet Captain Kangaroo fan.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Well, that is actually my Clarabelle's great-grandfather. The Houghdown family out-did the George Forman family as every member of the family, male and female, since the family moved to the Nebraska territory in 1817 has been named Clarabelle. The Houghdown's were noted for a signature lack of imagination, but monograms were never a problem. Her grandfather would have starred for the U of Nebraska basketball team (that's where she get's her skills) but for the fact that he never graduated high school and besides, he was way too good for the Cornhuskers of the late 50s. And I wish you would stop clowning around with my posts. I suspect that you are a closet Captain Kangaroo fan.

Capt Kangaroo was a Dartmouth Grad, so no clowinng around there...no closet either...

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Here are the possibilities

Diamond
Saniya
Reimer
McCall

Heres who's coming

Breanna
Morgan
Moriah

Heres are roster next season

Stef
Heather
Kiah
KML
Bria
Caroline
BB
Lauren
MJ
Kelly

You can mix and match all you want but their aint any team maybe not even an All Star team thats gonna beat this bunch. I could make another 195-0 prediction but that might be a little low for this bunch. LOL

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
one other possibility at this point, Tony, is Samuelson.

Samuelson
Diamond
Saniya
Reimer
McCall

I'm liking the possibilities. Any 3-4 would be insane. Is that possible?

After bringing in the #1 class with #1 Stewart, #2 Jefferson and #4 Tuck (I used the ASGR ratings)?

Unfair.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Samuelson
Diamond
Saniya
Reimer
McCall

I'm liking the possibilities. Any 3-4 would be insane. Is that possible?

After bringing in the #1 class with #1 Stewart, #2 Jefferson and #4 Tuck (I used the ASGR ratings)?

Unfair.
it's a very good question. at this point i like our chances with Samuelson, Deshields, Chong and McCall. but i have no idea, if we actually "lead" for any of them. i'd like to think we do, but i haven't seen anything in articles where the players, family members, or coaches were quoted as saying "UCONN looks good at this point".

Reaction Score
it's a very good question. at this point i like our chances with Samuelson, Deshields, Chong and McCall. but i have no idea, if we actually "lead" for any of them. i'd like to think we do, but i haven't seen anything in articles where the players, family members, or coaches were quoted as saying "UCONN looks good at this point".
The only one I know? that we lead for is Chong .That is because of comments she has made about UCONN. Samuelson's Coach has said we are on a short list and she really likes UCONN, DD, John A believes we will get her? McCall,I have no clue?
Months ago, I thought we were leaders for DD and Reimer. They are the 2 we have offered.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Hard to have more when you only take three in the recruiting class.
Hasn't stopped a certain related men's program. (I'm a fan of theirs, so don't be too hard on me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom