2022 Recruiting: - Nahiem Alleyne commits to UConn! | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Nahiem Alleyne commits to UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very Nice Add.

More work to be done. We lost Cole, Martin, Whaley, Polley, Akok, Diggins, CFJ, Gaffney

We have added Newton (to replace Cole), Alleyne (to replace Polley), Karaban (to replace Whaley?)

While we should expect improvement from the existing team members, we still need more talent to replace all that we lost and be better than last year's team. By my math, at least another serviceable PG/SG and SF/PF. And then a few developmental pieces.

Any chance we steal some Nova players? Haven't seen any news on any departures from them yet but I'd assume there will be some as soon as the would heals a bit.
Definitely something to monitor over the next few weeks, but Wright seemed to hint in his press conference today that everyone would be coming back and their recruits were still committed

Reaction Score
No clue how hard we are going after any of these guys. Tweets suggested that the staff is pursuing Johnson to play with Alleyne. But the writer is also including Jahmir, who stated he cancelled his visit because of Newton's commitment. It would be nice if our local journos were more informed than the average Yarder.
I wouldn’t blame them for staying away from this hellhole the last couple weeks :)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm pretty happy to stand on my posting record from the past few weeks, which basically boiled down to: Maybe wait until the staff is done with this process before going apoplectic?

But, hey, this forum exists in large part to provide a place for people to express their frustration, and it was very frustrating to see a bunch of guys walk out, Floyd in particular. So I'm giving everyone some slack.
Hot takes on The Boneyard are a reason for amusement, not outrage. If someone expect The Boneyard not to overreact to any development, their either new or they haven’t been paying attention.

Reaction Score
Definitely something to monitor over the next few weeks, but Wright seemed to hint in his press conference today that everyone would be coming back and their recruits were still committed

Their two biggest recruits were at the end of year banquet so that bodes well for them, the still four star but less heralded kid from Texas seems like he will decommit but it doesn't seem to be someone we would likely target.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Landing Newton and Alleyne is a lot better than not landing them, but it still feels like UConn is taking a step back compared to what UConn lost with Martin, Cole, Whaley and Polley, who are 4 of the top 5 scorers from last year.
Considering that Hurley is going to be graded on the NCAA's and the NCAA's alone, how much are we going to miss a crew that shot a collective 24-71 in 2 tourney games? And the bricks were distributed, 50% in a game was only reached once by one player. I'm good with giving a new crew a shot.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm pretty happy to stand on my posting record from the past few weeks, which basically boiled down to: Maybe wait until the staff is done with this process before going apoplectic?

But, hey, this forum exists in large part to provide a place for people to express their frustration, and it was very frustrating to see a bunch of guys walk out, Floyd in particular. So I'm giving everyone some slack.
Maybe we should graduate you from your “#1 Casual Fan” standing? Or would that be a promotion?

Reaction Score

A couple of highlights people here will enjoy

“I just want to win the Big East and the national championship,” he said. “Those are the only two goals for me, and to get better. I just want to win, get better and have fun.”

“I’m a guy that likes to shoot a lot of mid-range shots,” he said. “I can handle the ball. I think I’m a little better defensively. CJ’s a guy I look up to.”

“My biggest strength is my defense,” Alleyne said. “I’ve always been a guy that’s better defensively than offensively when I was younger. As I got older, I got better with offense and whatnot. I’m a guy that communicates, good on the ball and good team defensive player. I feel like I have a good feel for defense.”

“That man (Hurley) is crazy,” Nahiem said. “I watched a couple of games and my man got ejected for hyping up the crowd. That’s what’s up. I could really tell he was always in it every single day. Not just him, but everybody on the staff.”

Reaction Score

“I just want to win the Big East and the national championship,” he said. “Those are the only two goals for me, and to get better. I just want to win, get better and have fun.”

“I’m a guy that likes to shoot a lot of mid-range shots,” he said. “I can handle the ball. I think I’m a little better defensively. CJ’s a guy I look up to.”

“My biggest strength is my defense,” Alleyne said. “I’ve always been a guy that’s better defensively than offensively when I was younger. As I got older, I got better with offense and whatnot. I’m a guy that communicates, good on the ball and good team defensive player. I feel like I have a good feel for defense.”

“That man (Hurley) is crazy,” Nahiem said. “I watched a couple of games and my man got ejected for hyping up the crowd. That’s what’s up. I could really tell he was always in it every single day. Not just him, but everybody on the staff.”

Yeah... Hurley needs to settle done. His antics on the sidelines are really troublesome...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

I can already tell this kid is going to be a favorite of mine.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I’m really happy with this commitment. We get 2 years out of a kid who was a 3 year starter for good teams in a tough conference. He reclassified up out of high school so he’s really an experienced true junior. A highly skilled kid who can really shoot and defend. Maybe not the best athlete but we have athletes around him with Newton, Hawkins, Jackson. Such a good fit.

Reaction Score
Shoutout to Shreyas on that article! He did a great job learning the fan base, team, and UConn tradition throughout the season. He comes from UGA so a completle different vibe than UConn and he fit right in. Hes a basketball and Celtics junkie so y’all Boston fans might like him a bit more.

Reaction Score

I saw her post a video after Alleyne committed here and forgot to post it. She's the Hokies biggest fan ever and her relationship with the players is extremely important to her and to them. She also knows her stuff. If you have the time, watch this video. It will make you cry and uplift you...

Watch "Dear Dani Jo" on YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32