N Carolina = UCONN 2006 | The Boneyard

N Carolina = UCONN 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
no ball handlers except for a smooth passing lefty and big men galore.

Reaction Score
They have a much more inferior coach than whomever the 06 huskies had

Reaction Score

May it be so, but I think it's wishful thinking. Barnes is a lot more of an x-factor 2/3 than the 2006 team had. No offense to Rudy, but he just wasn't there yet.

Reaction Score
If anything Barnes is a 3/4 more so than a 2/3. He's got a jumper and is a very good player but he wont see any time at the 2 ever in his college or pro career. I do agree though that Barnes has the advantage over Rudy at the 3 for there respective sophomore years.

Reaction Score
i agree. rudy was never and still isnt the player his talent calls for him to be. if he played to his potential he`d be up there with lebron,kobe,dwyane,durant and d. rose. i firmly believe that the road to the national title repeat goes through carolina. we are going to have to face them at some point in the tourney problably in the championship game. if both teams play to the level that we expect them going into the season that game will be one for the ages. itll be the game we shouldve had in 09.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Get the 1 seed in the west and go from there. If we have to beat them, so be it.

Reaction Score
Please remember all those touting UNC. This is the same SOFT team that really struggled last year, and has really not proven themselves dominant in any one area of the game. They are limited bigtime in the backcourt, and will struggle to protect the rim.

Reaction Score
This is like the 2006 team with less ego, more dedicated players and a star who has the right mindset. The fact they bring James Mcadoo off the bench is pretty crazy. They are a little soft and dont have many quick players. We could prolly exploit that. Its really a great year for college bball a lot of talented teams.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately on a similar note the same may be said about our team this year. We are stacked in our starting 5, all capable of making an AA team sometime in their career.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

If they don't run into George Mason, they should be ok.

Reaction Score
This is like the 2006 team with less ego, more dedicated players and a star who has the right mindset. The fact they bring James Mcadoo off the bench is pretty crazy. They are a little soft and dont have many quick players. We could prolly exploit that. Its really a great year for college bball a lot of talented teams.
Good points...It is going to be 1 of the best seasons ever! NC on paper is the team to beat although technically any defending champ should hold that claim. Kentucky on paper is off the charts also. I predict neither in the finals but both in the Final 4! Baylor with Jones III, Anthony Jones, Quincy Acy, Q Miller and Jefferson make up the nations #1 front court. If not #1 close to it. Absent injury there may be chatter this year of this NCAR team going undefeated in such a weak ACC. There are a select few that can knock off NCAR and of course UConn can do it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Good points...It is going to be 1 of the best seasons ever! NC on paper is the team to beat although technically any defending champ should hold that claim. Kentucky on paper is off the charts also. I predict neither in the finals but both in the Final 4! Baylor with Jones III, Anthony Jones, Quincy Acy, Q Miller and Jefferson make up the nations #1 front court. If not #1 close to it. Absent injury there may be chatter this year of this NCAR team going undefeated in such a weak ACC. There are a select few that can knock off NCAR and of course UConn can do it.
People would pick Baylor higher but they underperformed projections last season. There are questions about pg play as well. But you can tell a lot of people believe they are one of the teams to consider this season.

Reaction Score
It is going to be a lot of fun this year fleud. It is my hope all teams accept NCAR stay injury free. (just kidding of course on the Heels:)) Baylor will rely on the National Junior college player of the year to come in and fill that void. No question point guard is huge for them. Drew is far from Calhoun. BU plays a lot of zone also and I am a man to man guy. Having said that BU should come into the tourney no lower then a #3 seed and possibly a #1 if they win the Big 12 which is a bit down this year. All speculation and fun. Have a safe and healthy day today. Go UConn!!
People would pick Baylor higher but they underperformed projections last season. There are questions about pg play as well. But you can tell a lot of people believe they are one of the teams to consider this season.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Good point...great talent on paper but didn't play consistently well together and only one real ball handler/passer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom