My thoughts | The Boneyard

My thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
HCBD needs to go. Before you ask, I don't know who we should replace him with, that is what AD David Benedict gets paid to figure out.

The cupboard is still bare. We need to stop recruiting CT because the kids simply can't play.

Cochran's injuries really set us back, he was the only QB since Fraser who was worth a damn.

The running game sucks and so does the Oline.

Kicking is solid, Puyol may be the best player on the team...if only we could get in field goals range. Also, don't discount the punter, he is a big piece of the run, run, run, punt offense.

Time to move on from Shirrefs if HCBD won't change the offense, don't care who it is, let's just try something new.

I'm fully expecting 2-10 at this point and maybe it would be the best thing to happen to the program long term. Let's start this over again.

Edsall, please come back.

Reaction Score
image.jpeg

Reaction Score
HCBD needs to go. Before you ask, I don't know who we should replace him with, that is what AD David Benedict gets paid to figure out.

The cupboard is still bare. We need to stop recruiting CT because the kids simply can't play.

Cochran's injuries really set us back, he was the only QB since Fraser who was worth a damn.

The running game sucks and so does the Oline.

Kicking is solid, Puyol may be the best player on the team...if only we could get in field goals range. Also, don't discount the punter, he is a big piece of the run, run, run, punt offense.

Time to move on from Shirrefs if HCBD won't change the offense, don't care who it is, let's just try something new.

I'm fully expecting 2-10 at this point and maybe it would be the best thing to happen to the program long term. Let's start this over again.

Edsall, please come back.

The offense is a joke, yes. The defense is a joke, yes. But to say you're expecting 2-10
is ridiculous. I agree there needs to be change. I would start with firing one of the coordinators. If they win less than 5 games, bob needs to go.

Reaction Score
What's your solution big guy?

It's not starting another thread about firing a Coach @2-3 after losing on the road to the #6/7 ranked team and it doesn't involve Edsall. The season plays out and decisions will be made if progress is not made.

I'll admit you probably caught the brunt/frustration of seeing another fire everyone/bench everyone/hire Edsall thread.

Reaction Score
The talent deficit is less than the coaching scheme deficit. Our WR's can play, BS can make plays given the Houston game playbook, defense has enough LB's?DE's to mount some type of pass rush. Play the duck***g game.

Where is SENHOR TESTICULOS when you need him.

Reaction Score

Easley, Lutrus, ORLOVSKY, et.al. disagree.

To further prove you wrong, 2017 Connecticut Recruits:

Tarik Black - 4*, offers from every school in the country
CJ Holmes - 4* - ND
Andrew Stuber - 3* Michigan
Sam Vretman - 3* Rutgers
Ben Mason - 3* Michigan
CJ Lewis - 3* Tennessee
Brandon Sebastian - 3* BC
Justin Brown - 3* Temple
Russell Thompson Bishop - 3* Syracuse
Seth Willis - 2* BYU
Dillon Harris - 2* Maryland offer

All play HS FB in Connecticut. If we landed every top CT recruit we'd have a top 3 class in the AAC.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score

CJ Holmes - 4* - ND
Sam Vretman - 3* Rutgers
Ben Mason - 3* Michigan
CJ Lewis - 3* Tennessee
Justin Brown - 3* Temple
Seth Willis - 2* BYU

All play HS FB in Connecticut. If we landed every top CT recruit we'd have a top 3 class in the AAC.

Facts is dum.

I demand irrational, hyperbolic overreactions.

Reaction Score
CT. high school kids can't play? Orlovsky, Freeney, Beatty, Matukevich to name a few. All have NFL paychecks cashed.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Cochran was the only QB worth a damn! What state did Pasqualoni recruit him out of again?

Reaction Score
UConn is lucky to get 1-2 of these guys annually. The recruiting has been awful the last 5 years. Tough losing better kids to places like Temple, 'Cuse, BCU.

We did land a kid this week we beat CCSU out for from CT. That's progress I guess.

CJ Holmes - 4* - ND
Sam Vretman - 3* Rutgers
Ben Mason - 3* Michigan
CJ Lewis - 3* Tennessee
Justin Brown - 3* Temple
Seth Willis - 2* BYU

Reaction Score
UConn is lucky to get 1-2 of these guys annually. The recruiting has been awful the last 5 years. Tough losing better kids to places like Temple, 'Cuse, BCU.

We did land a kid this week we beat CCSU out for from CT. That's progress I guess.

what are you talking about? Did you miss the point completely? Can you not read? OP says "stop recruiting CT kids" I say "that'd be stupid, look at all the talent in CT" and then you say "doesn't matter we don't get them" which has no bearing on anything stated before it

Reaction Score
I would recruit the kids, but I always thought to build the program we need to get 4-5 of top 10 kids every year and sprinkle in other players

But, I think we got 2 of top 10 in last 3 years, Newsome, and Rose who left the program in the 1st month. After the top 10 the talent falls off a cliff

what are you talking about? Did you miss the point completely? Can you not read? OP says "stop recruiting CT kids" I say "that'd be stupid, look at all the talent in CT" and then you say "doesn't matter we don't get them" which has no bearing on anything stated before it

Reaction Score
I would recruit the kids, but I always thought to build the program we need to get 4-5 of top 10 kids every year and sprinkle in other players

But, I think we got 2 of top 10 in last 3 years, Newsome, and Rose who left the program in the 1st month. After the top 10 the talent falls off a cliff

2 out of Rivals Top 5 in 2014
0 in 2015
4 out of Rivals Top 10 in 2016 (Net 3 after factoring in Rose)

Reaction Score
The worst thing in sports is the feeling of hopelessness. That's where we are right now with Diaco. It is embarrassing how far we have fallen with the football program. We are a national laughing stock. The worst is it is happening right in the middle of realignment. It is almost like having PP when Acc took UL over us the last time around.

Uconn has to get rid of Diaco asap. I put the timeline on 1/2/17. He is not the right guy. If we keep him, it might be too late to recover. I am many alums won't give a penny to UConn until they fix this. If they hire another disaster for the next football coach, we are done.

Reaction Score
This is why we need to fire him today, when the money dries up it will be too late
We are screwed. That's what happens. That's why time is of the essence and Diaco needs to hit the road. With state budget deficits out of control, it's not long before football gets cut way back and we are getting down to short strokes. We need the program to turn positive in a big way in a matter of a few years. A winning program is hard to defund. A perennial losing to mediocre team is much easier to cut back politically. Wasting another minute on Diaco puts us that much closer to he end of the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom