My thoughts on Ohio St Game | The Boneyard

My thoughts on Ohio St Game

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Irwin is fundamentally sound. Coombs looked good and is very quick. Out bench needs playtime and except for Depaul and the ND games I expect they will get playtime. Of course in most of our conference games they will see time too. ONO will be developed thats for certain. I hope she gets on track before March because we will need her height underneath.

Our starters can put up numbers however one weakness is inside where we lack height. We will need to double down and hit outside shots to be effective against teams like Baylor and ND. Ohio St got inside to easy against us and yes we had a big lead and it really didnt matter and may not matter in most of our games however we need work underneath.

CW looked good and Megan Walker looked really improved. Both are nice additions and will only get better as the season goes on. I was impressed with Irwin too. She knows where to be and what to do, again fundamentally sound. She will be fine for us. This first part of the season we need to see Coombs and ONO especially develop and grow. We need more out of them and we need to be able to count on them.

Once again we cannot get into foul trouble and we cannot have injuries to our starters. In order to win a NC and go undefeated again these two thing must happen along with our non starters stepping it up. Irwin and Coombs especially must become confident scorers. ONO must develop quickly. With that said we are the number 2 team in the country and their isnt any team other then ND imo that can keep up with us unless we get into foul trouble or we have injuries.

This is going to be an exciting year. This is a different team and we have 5 great scorers . The Virgin Islands will tell us alot because we will be playing on the road and playing 3 games in a row. It wont be easy but it will show us who we can depend on.

Reaction Score
I don't even think about going undefeated. Who really cares? When Stewie was a freshman, we won the NC. Does anyone care how many games we lost? ND won last year. Who cares that they lost 3 games, including 2 to Louisville. When Texas A&M won the NC, how many losses did they have? Who cares?

I sure would hate to go undefeated into the tournament and not close it out, yet again.

Anyway, that is my two cents. :)

Reaction Score
Irwin is much better this year. She looked comfortable, She played good D. She took and made an open three. But, what really impressed me was the fast break bucket. She was fast down court, She turned to handle the pass with agility and reoriented herself for the lay up, smoothly and at full speed

Molly played better also. If I was a top HS player,l trying to decide where I could best reach my potential, I should be looking at how much the UConn seniors juniors and sophomores have progressed year-to-year. And no only the players with great talent, but also the players of less inherent athletic abilities.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom