My thoughts on last Nite | Page 2 | The Boneyard

My thoughts on last Nite

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
"I don't want to say she's as good as any point guard that we have ever had. That is saying too much too soon. But I think any other freshman in the country right now -- she is as good a guard as there is in the country coming in."

Geno Auriemma on freshman Crystal Dangerfield

You could tell the wheels were turning in his head as he gave very careful and measured responses to questions about Crystal. It's only her second game; Geno almost never heaps praise on freshmen, especially when they are among the true elites as far as talent.

It's almost like he was backed into a corner - he couldn't possibly dwell on any negatives after her performance, but he didn't want to gush. I thought it was kinda funny !

Reaction Score
That is true, but how will Baylor rebound from this loss???!!!?
Not sure where you were going with this comment but lets give Baylor some respect. While emotionally wonderful for those of us that live and die with UConn, just one game for Baylor. Suspect it will be a great motivator and learning experience for both teams. Would not want to play Baylor later in year-suspect all that slow movement will get corrected.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Not sure where you were going with this comment but lets give Baylor some respect. While emotionally wonderful for those of us that live and die with UConn, just one game for Baylor. Suspect it will be a great motivator and learning experience for both teams. Would not want to play Baylor later in year-suspect all that slow movement will get corrected.

I would not want to play UCONN later in the year.

Reaction Score
Size without quickness is always a problem, and none of the Baylor big players showed quickness. Players like Wilson, and Coates would have no problem with them at all. Kim should have played Uconn last year to show Brown, Mompremier, and Cave how they should play.

Reaction Score
Size without quickness is always a problem, and none of the Baylor big players showed quickness. Players like Wilson, and Coates would have no problem with them at all. Kim should have played Uconn last year to show Brown, Mompremier, and Cave how they should play.
Coates and Wilson did just as badly last year if not worse.

Monpremier and Cave played UCONN last year didn't they?
Edit-OK, I saw that they didn't play Baylor last year. ("Emily Littela voice" - Nevermind...)

Last edited:

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
It was appropriate that Big Shot Bria was there. Crystal may not have the same alliteration as Breezy, but she is Big Shot Crystal.
I would say it was extremely appropriate! It crossed my mind Thu. night that, just like Crystal, Bria once upon a time preserved a long winning streak by making some huge shots down the stretch…in only the second game of her freshman season…against Baylor. ;)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
One thing to remember about the Baylor bigs is that they too are very young and still learning the college game - Montpremier and Brown are sophomores and Cox is a freshman. Cave is a senior but this was her first game (not sure what the issue was for their first two games.) Montpremier came out of HS as a 'high potential' player, meaning she had a lot of learning to do but had nice physical attributes - Brown was more polished, but it does take a while for post players to adapt, and this is early in their second year. Cox has played a total of 19 minutes of college ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom