My take on the Boneyard | The Boneyard

My take on the Boneyard

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I read on some other boards and post on a few. This board is like no other because of the basketball knowledge of the average poster and the high acumen of several volume posters. Also the willingness to dialogue on differing points of view. I admit to taking positions and making opinions from a 'senior' memory. Almost every time someone will offer a correction devoid of any type of personal attack or attempted defamation of my character. On other boards, it seems, that some posters delight in denigrating individuals. Thanks to the moderators and the gentle ladies and gentle men who make this board a delight for me to read and share.

Reaction Score
By far the best Fan Board I have seen or and Been apart of. Totally agree with HuskyInSC. The cynicism and disagreement is way less harsh and personal in comparisons to some of the other sites I visited. I thoroughly enjoy reading the comments and I learn from all the different introspects given opposite of mine. Just like UCONN its done with class!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I read on some other boards and post on a few. This board is like no other because of the basketball knowledge of the average poster and the high acumen of several volume posters. Also the willingness to dialogue on differing points of view. I admit to taking positions and making opinions from a 'senior' memory. Almost every time someone will offer a correction devoid of any type of personal attack or attempted defamation of my character. On other boards, it seems, that some posters delight in denigrating individuals. Thanks to the moderators and the gentle ladies and gentle men who make this board a delight for me to read and share.
Um... If you are saying "gentle men", it must be offset by "gentle women", not "gentle ladies". There was a robust discussion on this in another thread.

Side note, I'm only giving you a hard time - all in good fun on my end - I'm certainly not the verbiage police! ;) :p

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
On one level the Boneyard is a tremendous source of information, the first place to turn to. Most recent example for me, finding out that Bridgeport Regional tickets were on sale. If a recruit commits (or not), it will be up here within minutes. If I am holding my breath about a player injury or status for a game, this is where to go to find out if there is any information. What is going on with our favorites overseas. What potential recruits are up to. Almost every article written about UConn makes its way here. I could go on and on.

On another level, it is a great forum for the expression and sharing of opinions. I continue to be impressed by the depth of knowledge and the considerable amount of thought that goes into many if not most of the opinions expressed. Kind of what you would expect from a group of - dare I say - intelligent people who have totally immersed themselves in UCWBB. And when I come up with something inaccurate or dopey, I am called on it and would expect nothing less.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
+1 to all of the above. In my book, as a past four-year resident of the nutmeg state, The Boneyard is the best thing UConn has going for it, and that's even including, to paraphrase the best coach in the history of women's college basketball, that "UConn has Geno and everybody else doesn't."

Grateful for the folks who run the site and everyone who contributes to it at such a high level. Here's to another year of high-level commentary about WCBB.

Reaction Score
I would love to like the original post to this thread like a million times.

I'm a sports junky and find various facets of different sports interesting. I don't know too many people in my network of friends where I can talk NCAAW and WBB to the level that is done here. It's much appreciated.

Fringe benefit are the OT topics here and the General WBB board. It's more than just basketball. It's a community.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I agree with almost everything above (EricLA?! :eek: :)), but would add another benefit to this board's long list of positives: activity.

While I visit other team boards occasionally and can enjoy the experience, this board is alive with interesting content and interesting participants 12 months a year. And the number of new posts means a visit two or three times a day can be well worth it.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I agree with almost everything above (EricLA?! :eek: :)), but would add another benefit to this board's long list of positives: activity.

While I visit other team boards occasionally and can enjoy the experience, this board is alive with interesting content and interesting participants 12 months a year. And the number of new posts means a visit two or three times a day can be well worth it.
Yes to what others said, but you bring up a major point - there are a lot of members and many are active. The only other board I regularly frequent, Rutgers, was never robustly busy, but as a fan of the team, it was interesting and had moderate activity. But - the number of folks actually posting - and posting intelligently, to be honest - was limited and is even more limited now.

In the end, I come to the Boneyard for the general WBB info and discussion I like to read, contributing on occasion and avoiding virtually all the team / game discussions that I think should be reserved for UConn fans. I go to the Rutgers board just to see what the fans who post there are complaining about today. Big difference.

And - lastly - big kudos to the moderators that keep it all civil and pleasant.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Now that's what I call a hot take.

Reaction Score
I don’t like comparisons. It puts too much pressure on the Boneyard to be great!! We haven’t done anything yet!!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I don’t like comparisons. It puts too much pressure on the Boneyard to be great!! We haven’t done anything yet!!
Pressure to be great?!! We've rooted our players on to ELEVEN championships! If that doesn't make us the greatest couch potatoes, I have no idea what would.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
And I love all the fans of non-Uconn teams that contribute to this board. It is what makes this board special. I read other boards and not only are they not civil to visitors, they are not civil to each other.
I agree. Loving the Huskies doesn't have to mean disliking all other teams.

Love your avatar pic, BTW, some lovely puddies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The board is in a sense a reflection of the style of play.
It must be about 15 years ago that I realized that the the team played the game of my youth.
That of the Celtics of the mid-50's and the Knicks of the early 60's
It was a wondrous period in men's BB.
And Geno has largely recreated it.
How could it not encourage knowledgeable, yet civil discourse.

Reaction Score
I can't believe we allow fans from other teams to :):):)post on our board. Arghhh arghhh Blah blah
That's because we're adults and know that children need playgrounds. Otherwise their little underdeveloped muscles atrophy and are totally useless to themselves and us in their later years.

Reaction Score
Well, the Boneyard is already great, and nothing we do will ever change that. On the other hand, most of us feel no pressure whatsoever because as long as we have a glass of wine in our hand and a keyboard at our fingertips, we feel no pain.

Reaction Score
This is nice to read. Any chance one has been reconsidering their mantra?

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle ...​

Many and most of us like living in the north, It is also a lifestyle. One, those from the south may not understand. No attack personally just a comment. And one in the south has a love for a team in the north that much better. ;)

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
This is absolutely the best moderated board.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I can't believe we allow fans from other teams to :):):)post on our board. Arghhh arghhh Blah blah

Well I do own a UCONN hat.... just like this one (Circa 1997) ... so am I allowed to stay? :)
uconn hat.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom