My mindset for the rest of the season and beyond | The Boneyard

My mindset for the rest of the season and beyond

Reaction Score
1. Hope that all in the program realize that they are all playing for next year (wherever they end up), bring 100%, and play/coach/manage to the best of his/her ability. Mailing it in now gets on tape and will minimize your chances of landing a place you want next year
2. On game days, track the score of the last games on my phone. Maybe find a TV if it gets interesting. I've got better things to do with my time right now.
3. Await the naming of the new head coach with bated breath.
4. Realize those who stay love the school and fit in with the new coach's plans. No hard feelings to any that leave. Thank you for your service and I hope you flourish in your new landing spot (except if playing UConn of course).
5. Hope the new coach successfully recruits those currently on the roster/committed incoming class who fits his vision, then hits the portal hard for those who would succeed here. With our facilities that should be easier than it has appeared to be.
6. Not be embarrassing next season -- the slow resurrection will not work this time around. We need to show everyone we are making progress
7. Be an upper echelon "G5" team within 3-5 years
8. Have our athletic department be in a good position to maintain levels of visible national success as a football indy/Big East member -- this could be our set up for a while. But...
9. Be an attractive candidate for the "P whatever" if an offer is better than the football indy/Big East arrrangment

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
My mindset is to enjoy what UConn is and not obsess over what UConn isn't. UConn football is a weak G5 program scraping along the bottom of FBS. I am just looking for signs of life from the program. I don't know what the staff can do with this team at this point, so I just hope they play hard and maybe have a competitive game again before the end of the season.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
My mindset is to enjoy what UConn is and not obsess over what UConn isn't. UConn football is a weak G5 program scraping along the bottom of FBS. I am just looking for signs of life from the program. I don't know what the staff can do with this team at this point, so I just hope they play hard and maybe have a competitive game again before the end of the season.
They are at Clemson, at UCF and home against Houston.

I don't see a competitive game in their future.

Reaction Score
We won’t compete again this year. The competition ship sailed when Tyler got hurt and Mazzone left. All downhill since then, with Mazzone being the biggest loss. I just can’t get as down on the team as others are. Mazzone made us look decent. We are witnessing coaching incompetence more than anything else. The portal and a real staff will pay quick dividends.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I might try and watch but if I thought these first 9 games were hard to watch, I'm not sure I can stomach the massacres that the next three games will be.

I guess my one interest for the Clemson game is to see if they start their second, third, or practice squad against us.

Reaction Score
We won’t compete again this year. The competition ship sailed when Tyler got hurt and Mazzone left. All downhill since then, with Mazzone being the biggest loss. I just can’t get as down on the team as others are. Mazzone made us look decent. We are witnessing coaching incompetence more than anything else. The portal and a real staff will pay quick dividends.
I agree. I am optimistic for next year. AD David Benedict’s career arc is on the line with this hire so I trust it will be good. Couldn’t be worse, right?

Reaction Score
I might try and watch but if I thought these first 9 games were hard to watch, I'm not sure I can stomach the massacres that the next three games will be.

I guess my one interest for the Clemson game is to see if they start their second, third, or practice squad against us.
I was thinking the cheer squad

Reaction Score
We are witnessing coaching incompetence more than anything else. The portal and a real staff will pay quick dividends.
This is so eminently clear and true. How they got away with it for 4 years is mind boggling. RE was allowed to build a staff in his image and this what we got. Fresh hope blooms in December. I will monitor the remaining games but I can’t waste my time or reward the program with an ounce of my attention. They maximally screwed this up, and they need to earn the fans’ trust back.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
This year I want to see progression in the last 3 games. That is it. And then I want to see who we hire and our rebirth.

Reaction Score
How did I miss that Mazzone left?? When did that happen? Do we know why?

Reaction Score
Was likely only ever intended as a week or two gig to help out a friend is my guess. Who would want to stay longer and get the stench of the program all over him.

Reaction Score
Well, it was fun while it lasted, but this is a good juncture to break away. Do something more active on Saturday afternoons. Get off my ass. Bye, folks.

Reaction Score
I'm 100% Bob Euecker the rest of the way...

Attachments

• sml_gallery_7013_100_181683.gif
    sml_gallery_7013_100_181683.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 109

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We are trying to put a tailgate together for the last game. Otherwise, I'm not even going to pay attention.

Reaction Score
I'll go to the UCF game since it is only 40 minutes away. I have no allusions the rest of this season after being optimistic before the Vanderbilt game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I agree. I am optimistic for next year. AD David Benedict’s career arc is on the line with this hire so I trust it will be good. Couldn’t be worse, right?
Please stop doing that.

Reaction Score
I watch each game the same way I have (particularly by the end of the season) the last five years, looking for signs of improvement (can we maintain contain on the edge, can we win battles on the line, can we actually tackle, are the right decisions made on reads, etc). Seeing who has checked out on the rest of the season already and who is still playing hard each game.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I will watch for sure. This is what I expect:

1. Clemson - A big loss. We come out excited by the atmosphere but get our clocks cleaned.
  2. UCF - They play hot and cold. We have them after a ranked SMU and before their rival USF, so MAYBE they overlook us and we don't get blown out. I expect a loss but hope for a respectable showing.
  3. Houston - Pain.

Reaction Score

1. Clemson - A big loss. We come out excited by the atmosphere but get our clocks cleaned.
  2. UCF - They play hot and cold. We have them after a ranked SMU and before their rival USF, so MAYBE they overlook us and we don't get blown out. I expect a loss but hope for a respectable showing.
  3. Houston - Pain.

I’ll be watching but man those will be three brutal games to watch for us UConn fans.

Reaction Score
We are trying to put a tailgate together for the last game. Otherwise, I'm not even going to pay attention.
Bill , I'll be there to commiserate with you. My nephew went last Friday & asked afterward if there was any good reason to attend the last home game of the season. All I had for him was the response that it was an opportunity to taste test the new Two Roads Husky brew & be able to say that he did so at its initial public offering. BTW, you & Nancy are always welcome at my crew's tailgate.

Reaction Score

3. Houston - Pain.
How long does Clemson keep starters in? Any predictions?

Reaction Score
Clemson is hurting...against Pitt last Saturday, they just lost their starting running back, their starting Offensive lineman, tight end, and defensive end ...

Quarterback/wide receiver Will Taylor, offensive lineman John Williams, offensive lineman Tayqon Johnson, defensive tackle Bryan Bresee, and safety Lannden Zanders were already out for the year.

But saying that...while they have problems with their offense, their defense will still give evryone a problem.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom