My Megan Walker Projections | Page 3 | The Boneyard

My Megan Walker Projections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
Nothing can diminish the place Coach Auriemma has ascended to. That he's still hungry, defies description. Pro team should have offered him a long time ago, now it's too late. (I know he hasn't done it alone). I don't think he can coach my grandmother (/chuckle) to the ff but I don't think he needs every #1 to get there either. I like the last three classes a lot add to that 3 great transfers and if only Saniya can have a injury and focused season. I like our chances w or wo MW and she's gotta know that too.

I like Aja Wilson. She carried SC into the ff as a freshman. They came wi one possession of the national final and then picked herself up off the trainers table and back on to the court for a sellout crowd in SC as a sophomore. They were never going to beat Stewart and Co last season, nobody was. The early tournament exit may just provide the additional impetus needed to get it done this year. That game was probably the highest attended wcbb game last year. Cudos. All winners that day.

A lot of Boneyarder's were at the 2016 Bpt regionals, but when "toughest 2015-6 game" came up here, I don't think there were too many votes for that game, maybe none. I didn't vote, but had I, it would have been v. Texas because Uconn doesn't play regular season games that matter and that game was 12 points well into the 2nd half. If Coach Conradt was still there, MW wouldn't be considering them.

The way the PAC12 played in the tournament last year, and the coach with the most renown wasn't one of two that made it to the final four. I hope Westbrook stays home, the conference laid down some markers last year. That 3 off the radar teams got to the ff last year, diminishes the value of past records going forward. It's only 1 event, I know.

We're big fans here and we know from that involvement, how hard it is to match the player and the program. I don't think "We miss Courtney already" was a canned remark. We know the level of commitment required of the players. Some of us even remember what it was like to be <20. There's no Microsoft or Intel if everybody works for IBM, and no Google, if...

It's not like Cox and Wilson, who clearly were leaning home. Uconn is not a secret so it's easy to go with the conventional wisdom and be skeptical of players that don't just sign up but there's a first time for everything. We'll see. It's been fun.
Thanks for the response...
Believe it or not I actually like when other teams land elite players.. Because it is good for the game to compete against other talented players, and Geno thrives on playing against those who he recruited.. additional motivation.. :)

Reaction Score
I'll agree with you but I'm just not sure I want to have a player who can make a statement such as Some people get caught up in the "hype" of certain programs, if she said "success" I would be more understanding.. those are just strong and telling words to utter.. So I'm now hoping she chooses Texas..

You are right about the comment. I was confuse and scratching my head when I came across it like "Huh"

Then I paused with a (hmmmm), "maybe she speaking in general regarding a number of programs.

Uconn on the other hand is not just like any other program. They are a great Power House Period. No hype there. They are as real as it gets.

They might not win-em all, but you best believe they come to ball. Winner, loser & more often they are capable of winning them all.

However, I didn't want to touch the comment. It became a forbidden fruit.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
OTOH, I heard yesterday that Nebraska is dissatisfied with the B1G and wants back in the Big 12, Oklahoma leaves, Texas stays. If the Big 12 does expand, I can see them letting in BYU and Houston. No one else on the "list" has the football pedigree for a P5 invite.
That was on ESPiN today, but they shot the report down on BTN tonite. They talked to the Nebraska AD and he claims that Nebraska has no natural rival in the B1G, like it did with Oklahoma. I believe the speculation personally, I think NEB thought the B1G would be an easier conference to play in and they'd experience much more success in all sports, which hasn't been the case.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Question is academic - Houston plays Louisville on November 17 so, assuming neither loses another game, if Houston goes undefeated then Louisville will have 2 losses.
I didn't know that, thanks for the clarification. I can't see any two loss team making the CFP. It may be difficult for two teams from the same conference as well.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the response...
Believe it or not I actually like when other teams land elite players.. Because it is good for the game to compete against other talented players, and Geno thrives on playing against those who he recruited.. additional motivation.. :)

I had that thought but it got edited out.

To puff that out a bit, Diggins should get an honorary Husky... hmmm

Reaction Score
That was on ESPiN today, but they shot the report down on BTN tonite. They talked to the Nebraska AD and he claims that Nebraska has no natural rival in the B1G, like it did with Oklahoma. I believe the speculation personally, I think NEB thought the B1G would be an easier conference to play in and they'd experience much more success in all sports, which hasn't been the case.
Nebrska hated Texas & Oklahoma's dominance of B12 governance, and especially Texas's greed and independence with their TV network. Not sure they saw anything 'greener' over in the B1G, except sharing of TV revenues, and it got them out of the B12.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Nebrska hated Texas & Oklahoma's dominance of B12 governance, and especially Texas's greed and independence with their TV network. Not sure they saw anything 'greener' over in the B1G, except sharing of TV revenues, and it got them out of the B12.
Well they may go back to the rivalry if the speculation that Texas and Oklahoma are looking to join the B1G and form a super conference are true. The B1G is still having an unrequited love affair with ND, who has no incentive in the world to join a conference for football.

Reaction Score
No teenager needs the pressure of being the designated messiah at their chosen school. They are young women who deserve the entire college experience with "best friends" and all the social experiences that any other student (athlete) enjoys. For every Diana/Sue/Maya/Stewie there is an unhappy or unfulfilled Holdsclaw, a Kenitra Johnson, or a chronically injured ex-player. Della Donne didn't compromise, and she is at the top of the WBB world now. This is a player who earned the right to choose any school in the nation; and she will undoubtedly excel, so long as she avoids injuries and personal catastrophes. Of course, her final 3 all have great credentials...and we want her HERE...because nobody takes care of their athletes like CD and staff. But, she's like a pro free agent. Some are motivated by tangible enticements; some by being with friends or close to home... who knows what makes Megan Walker tick? From what I've read, she's got some really great new kids to play with here. and, they're ALL great players, too. I'm gonna be excited either way.

Reaction Score
No teenager needs the pressure of being the designated messiah at their chosen school. They are young women who deserve the entire college experience with "best friends" and all the social experiences that any other student (athlete) enjoys.
No dispute here; just amplification. These coaches have all tried to woo (sometimes successfully; sometimes not) the #1 recruit in the country. You get experience in this, and begin to realize that you don't want to make them feel as if they are or have to be the messiah. You tell them honestly that they should be proud of what they've accomplished thus far; that that has allowed them to have the widest possible choices for the next stage of their lives (college and college basketball careers). But as the most academically elite colleges say to their own students: your degree may help get you your the first job interview, but after that, it's entirely up to you. The coaches will/should all be saying this. Given your past performance and the qualities in you that we appreciate, we believe you will make a very positive impact on our program and vice-versa. But just as you've had to work extremely hard to get to where you are now, you will have to work all the harder (because the competition is greater) to get to the next stage. We'll be there to help you work harder and succeed.

Saying much more than that becomes counterproductive, as the recruit might be initially dazzled by flattery, but most of them begin to doubt the recruiter's sincerity. That's why Geno has been so successful at it. He has created a no BS Zone.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
That is inaccurate. The Longhorn Network was not even offered to Texas by ESPN until after Nebraska had already agreed to leave to the B1G, and Texas and a few other Big 12 schools were on the verge of leaving for the PAC. ESPN did not want to lose Texas TV rights to FOX.

Nebraska may have left for a lot of financial reasons, but the main reason was because they were not able to beat Oklahoma and Texas for the Big 12 football championship. Trust me, if Nebraska was dominating in football like they had the Big 8, the never would have left. NU has not won a football conference championship since 1999.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom