My First Post | The Boneyard

My First Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is my first post. As I have been a lurker for years now, It has been my pleasure to get to know many Yarders so I am coming out of the shadows and into the Boneyard. Actually, it was Bill that encouraged (forced) me to do it. Hi Bill. My wife and I are leaving for Hartford soon to have dinner before the first game so I don’t have a lot of time now but I will be doing more post in the future. See some of you at the game tonight.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Greetings and blessings. You will need the latter to survive this crowd.

Reaction Score
Thanks Ice. No problem with the crowd. I have not seen you at the BE tournament this year. Hope You are well.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Thanks Ice. No problem with the crowd. I have not seen you at the BE tournament this year. Hope You are well.
Yep, doing well but Lenten/Easter obligations did not allow attending the Big East this year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Welcome and congratulations! You've survived your first post. It gets easier from here on out.

Reaction Score
This is my first post. As I have been a lurker for years now, It has been my pleasure to get to know many Yarders so I am coming out of the shadows and into the Boneyard. Actually, it was Bill that encouraged (forced) me to do it. Hi Bill. My wife and I are leaving for Hartford soon to have dinner before the first game so I don’t have a lot of time now but I will be doing more post in the future. See some of you at the game tonight.
Welcome!

I used to fear posting because sometimes things can get a little tough. You post here, be prepared for a little flak now and then. But, it is relatively genteel here on the women's (never LADIES) basketball board in comparison to the men's basketball, football and conference realignment boards. I am still too intimidated to post there.

I have learned so much about basketball from the boards. Not that I am an expert by any means. But when I first became a fan of UCWBB, I didn't know a pick and roll from a back-door cut. Yes, really. I still can't tell a charge from a block, but I take great comfort in the fact that the "experts" Dennis DeMayo, Bonita Spence and Dee Kantner can't tell most of the time either.

Reaction Score
I still can't tell a charge from a block, but I take great comfort in the fact that the "experts" Dennis DeMayo, Bonita Spence and Dee Kantner can't tell most of the time either.
Speaking of....anyone have the current odds on that dynamic trio doing the championship game?

Reaction Score
... It has been my pleasure to get to know many Yarders so I am coming out of the shadows and into the Boneyard. Actually, it was Bill that encouraged (forced) me to do it ...
Couldn't have taken much effort. That's a pretty short shadow to come out of!

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
How many posts does it take before you're taught the secret handshake?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Whoop whoop, the more the merrier. :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yes, really. I still can't tell a charge from a block, but I take great comfort in the fact that the "experts" Dennis DeMayo, Bonita Spence and Dee Kantner can't tell most of the time either.
Yep you are definitely not alone there.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Welcome to the Boneyard. Don't be intimidated by the know-it-alls here. Remember - just because someone talks more than you do doesn't mean they know more.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Believe everything you see on this site...especially the pictures...because pictures don't lie.

Reaction Score
That's because you're still on double-secret probation!

And you know what that means, right Wonkster? TOGA PARTY!! TOGA, TOGA, TOGA!!! (Oh, yeah--welcome to the nuthouse, UCAP_Fan!!)

togaparty.jpg

Reaction Score
Hello, and welcome from a long-distance BYer. Have never (consciously) met others on the Board, and probably never will, given how seldom we get to games. But the long-distance conversations are wonderful.

Reaction Score
Welcome to the Boneyard. Don't be intimidated by the know-it-alls here. Remember - just because someone talks more than you do doesn't mean they know more.

Good advice ;)

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
The Boneyard is being conned. I never met UCAP_Fan and his wife in my life and have no idea who they are. And whatever you do; don't offer him a beer. He's the designated driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom