My first (of many) Shut Up Tim Welsch thread of the season | The Boneyard

My first (of many) Shut Up Tim Welsch thread of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I'm home from the game and 8 min into the rewatch and already want to punch Welsch in the face. He's Billy Packer reincarnated. His color commentating his always about criticism of what players are doing wrong instead of celebrating what guys are doing right. He's the anti Raftery. I can't stand him.

Reaction Score
Ha...just commented on this exact thing in the other thread. He's the definition of monotonous.

Reaction Score
Keep watching. Enjoy when Samuel hits the 3 and he hypocritically changes his tune.

Reaction Score
lol I did the same as well in the other thread he's literally unbearable

Reaction Score
I remember last year when he was trying to make this big deal about Boat and Shabazz fighting when they were just talking to each other.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I remember last year when he was trying to make this big deal about Boat and Shabazz fighting when they were just talking to each other.

bkqppwecmae2ohw2.png

=

Shabazz+Napier+Ryan+Boatright+m7NuYNMIpmZm.jpg

Reaction Score
Yeah, all game he kept saying that the UConn kid didn't get called for an obvious foul...when there was no foul, or it should have been on Bryant.

Reaction Score
He's an awfully jealous man of what he couldn't do.

And he's awful, game analysis is okay on occasion but mostly short on knowledge. Must say he's getting to the point of "can't stand him".

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You know he's bad when my wife agrees with me about how bad he is!:)

Biggest criticism I have is his failure to recognize that the players are executing things in a manner that KO wants vs. what Welsh would do. There is a reason why he's broadcasting.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I always thought he was a pretty sketchy guy for some reason. Like hes the type that has a secret life where he frequents bath houses and does meth in his spare time.

Reaction Score
BoatShow said:
Conversely... hate to be that guy but Erika Wachter is pretty stunning in person. And you can tell she is way more comfortable having thousands of creepy dudes staring at her than my girl Noonan ever was too.

Agree .

Reaction Score
This is way too much hate for a guy as milk toast as Welsch.

I find him as bland as hell. Which, for the most part, is fine by me.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Welsh is fine.

But I felt bad for him this morning when I watched the game, I fast forwarded through first half ( who wants to see that! ) and stopped right before second half started when welsh and other guy were on camera and Welsh had a snot running down his right nostril to his lip. Poor guy was playing injured, working while sick.

He should be doing Syracuse games. Boeheim can point out the finer methods of nose cleaning.

Reaction Score
Welsh doesn't bring anything to the broadcast for me. He seems to carry on a very negative conversation throughout the entirety of the game. As another poster pointed out, he only picks up on negative things players are doing and doesn't offer up any praise or acknowledgement.

It was funny to notice how he flip-flopped on Samuel, from saying that Bryant should just leave him open on the perimeter to saying that when he is open he has the ability to knock down a 3. Whatever, otherwise the SNY broadcast is solid.

Reaction Score
I like Welsh. I see I'm a big minority here. Last night he called it before UCONN was ahead - he matter-of-factly said UCONN was going to win the game. Not that it was earth- shattering but still when game was early in the 2nd half- announcers don't have the guts to say stuff like that.

I can also remember on SNY 2 years ago he was literally pleading with UCONN - to EXTEND Kevin Ollie long-term. He was as shook up as I'm sure many of us were that the dumb- administration held out extending him.

I also like how he chose the historical 10 best big east players. And I liked how some dude thought Iverson should be among the tops in Big East History and Walsh rightfully held his ground that he shouldn't be as high as what that dude wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom