My favorite moment from yesterday's game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

My favorite moment from yesterday's game

Reaction Score
You can see Kia in hockey-focus, about to drop her gloves.
Mabrey is a gamer, her high school profile promised a tougher NJ product than her older sister. As her team's high scorer for this game, she was on the verge of South Bend deification and the Muffet PR campaign as player of the year, decade and century. But Ogumbowale has stolen some of that thunder, and the two of them firing away in vain at long wage was a late-game picture of throwing teamwork out the window. Great-hands defense and that crowd noise must have frustrated the Irish, particularly Mabrey.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
If that were earlier in the game it very well could have been a T, but at this particular point in the game would have been highly controversial so I'm glad they didn't call it.
Well the "particular point in the game" may have had something to do with it, but I prefer to think that it was because it was a ND player...earlier in the game she swatted an out of bounds ball to the ND bench and the ref just looked away. That action, the foul on Lou and this definitely should have resulted in at least one "T", but it was a ND player

Reaction Score
Well the "particular point in the game" may have had something to do with it, but I prefer to think that it was because it was a ND player...earlier in the game she swatted an out of bounds ball to the ND bench and the ref just looked away. That action, the foul on Lou and this definitely should have resulted in at least one "T", but it was a ND player
The foul on Lou wasn't hard enough to warrant it. As that play was unfolding I thought to myself here comes an intentional foul because Lou had her beat by a mile, but it never quite got to that level.

Reaction Score
Mabrey is a gamer, her high school profile promised a tougher NJ product than her older sister. As her team's high scorer for this game, she was on the verge of South Bend deification and the Muffet PR campaign as player of the year, decade and century. But Ogumbowale has stolen some of that thunder, and the two of them firing away in vain at long wage was a late-game picture of throwing teamwork out the window. Great-hands defense and that crowd noise must have frustrated the Irish, particularly Mabrey.

Just watching the two of them interact or more pointedly, not interact when Mabrey is trying to call the shots gives me the impression that they might not be on the best of terms. Near the end when Collier was about to shoot a free throw watch Mabrey forcefully indicating someone needs to get in place for a rebound - a few long seconds later AO very slowly walks into the frame and takes her place without ever looking at Mabrey. Not saying they hate each other but it's an interesting dynamic.

Reaction Score
Wasn't it Mabrey who clotheslined Gabby last year near the end of the game?

Yeah. It was ruled "incidental contact" I think.

It would be much more entertaining if we could hear the chatter on the court. ;)

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Just watching the two of them interact or more pointedly, not interact when Mabrey is trying to call the shots gives me the impression that they might not be on the best of terms. Near the end when Collier was about to shoot a free throw watch Mabrey forcefully indicating someone needs to get in place for a rebound - a few long seconds later AO very slowly walks into the frame and takes her place without ever looking at Mabrey. Not saying they hate each other but it's an interesting dynamic.

upload_2017-12-5_0-36-53.png

Yeah, I'd say they get along ok.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nope she's too smart for that. Collier's clapping was the ultimate shade - sort of an acoustic "and we got the ball bitch" for Mabrey.

Figuratively drop her gloves...

Reaction Score
What I absolutely love about that play is that sweet, innocent Napheesa Collier showed some absolute, “in your face” attitude. I’m liking it a lot and hope to see more. :)

Last year our girls were too nice, remember? I think what this particular moment symbolizes is our girls got da edge now!

The past is the past, and after Mississippi State, we've turned the nice corner. After Kobe's visit a few games ago, we da Cobra now.

Watch again. Enjoy Dangerous's glee to the gods above, plus Megan AND Z's excitement! Like our hungry tigers just caught fresh kill!

This team has the chip on their shoulders that wins championships.

Again.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I always hate seeing things like that. One of pet peeves, sarcastic claps.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score

Never seen either of them get in a stance. They must have an aversion to it ;)

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Yep and Mabrey loves to cherry pick, nothing to do with getting in a stance. I have never seen a player never get in a stance and complain so much when she gets called for reaching.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Yep and Mabrey loves to cherry pick, nothing to do with getting in a stance.

Eh, she's fine. I just watched the 1st quarter again with an eye on her defense. They put her on Dangerfield for most of the quarter and Dangerfield didn't score until they switched Marina to KLS and put Thompson on Dangerfield. Within a minute or two of that happening, Dangerfield took Thompson off the dribble.

That's just one quarter, of course. But for that quarter at least she was pretty disciplined. She could stand to bend her knees more on D, though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom