My favorite moment from yesterday's game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

My favorite moment from yesterday's game

Reaction Score
I agree 100%. Maybry is an unlikable player. Loved seeing Napheesa clap at her as Maybry went to her bench. It was also funny to see her run into Kia a bit - being a hockey player, or coming from a hockey family, I could see Kia was easily ready to mix it up given Maybry's aggressiveness.

No one is as tough as Nurse, but I would not want to mess with Pheesa!

Looking at it, I think Kia made sure she was right there on purpose....doubt Mabrey saw her til she backed into Kia. Way to go Kia.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score

That was my favorite moment also. I missed it Sunday, and I seen it yesterday when I rewatched the game. I had to rewind it, because it was funny. I was clapping too and laughing. Mabrey should have been hit with her 2nd technical and ejected. Mabrey's first technical should have been when she pushed Lou.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
She is soooo easy to dislike....

Never saw this side of Pheesa before....that devilish grin....

She is, isn't she. :mad: Interesting side of Pheesa.;) I love it!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
LOL and real life is not more telling than posed social media.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ They've put in years of consistent effort in being fake nice to each other on social media if they truly don't get along. But stranger things have happened.

I think it's just a function of who they are on the court. Marina is bossy and has that annoyed look on her face all the time. Arike is more reserved in huddles and such. And of course they are both "alphas" on the court. They each want the ball in big situations. Which occasionally means they are taking turns going 1-on-1 rather than using one another's skills to mutually benefit each other.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are times they are at odds during games. I think that's pretty normal for teammates. But I do think they are friends off the court.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ They've put in years of consistent effort in being fake nice to each other on social media if they truly don't get along. But stranger things have happened.

I think it's just a function of who they are on the court. Marina is bossy and has that annoyed look on her face all the time. Arike is more reserved in huddles and such. And of course they are both "alphas" on the court. They each want the ball in big situations. Which occasionally means they are taking turns going 1-on-1 rather than using one another's skills to mutually benefit each other.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are times they are at odds during games. I think that's pretty normal for teammates. But I do think they are friends off the court.

I was really just joking. It really doesn't matter what they are off the court but I think the way they are on the court affects your team and the other players on your team. We had a similar situation with JC and Caldwell, off the court they appeared to be best buds but it was never going to work on the court.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I hate it when players clap in opponents faces. Or refs faces. I hate it when fans do it too. I just find it really obnoxious.
I would normally agree with your comment, but Pheesa is the very last person who I would ever dream would mock an opposing player in such a manner, which leads me to the inevitable conclusion that Mabrey deserved it and the fact that it was Pheesa mocking her made it priceless. :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I would normally agree with your comment, but Pheesa is the very last person who I would ever dream would mock an opposing player in such a manner, which leads me to the inevitable conclusion that Mabrey deserved it and the fact that it was Pheesa mocking her made it priceless. :)
Most of the time it is deserved (except with refs. most fans are clueless when it comes to officiating), but I still hate it.

Reaction Score
For my money I think Mabrey runs too heavy and flat-footed, not as fluid as someone with more natural ability/athleticism would display. That's where she resembles her sister. She makes up for it thru hard work and perseverance but I think someone like Crystal, if she so desired, could take her at will. It will be interesting to see what the appetite will be from the WNBA, for Mabrey.

Reaction Score
Doris hit the nail on the head with Mabrey. Get in her face/ kitchen or grill or whatever you want to call it and she looses her composure. Pheesa's clapping was the perfect way to get to Mabrey. And that's all part of the game. Mabrey has an attitude and she shows it off regularly. She was working the officials the entire game. On that particular play, I think she was very close to getting a technical. Refs are only going to take so much jawing from a player.
She was whining quite a bit in that game.

Reaction Score
What strikes me about this moment in the game is that although Notre Dame was still ahead, Mabrey was acting as though she was defeated and Collier was acting as though she knew uconn was going to win. They both knew the game was over!

Reaction Score
Wasn't it Mabrey who clotheslined Gabby last year near the end of the game?
IMO, Mabrey has several questionable defensive tactics. She disguises them well, but I think she gets into flagrant foul territory more than the refs notice.

Reaction Score
If nothing else, Mabrey certainly gets under the skin of the Boneyard. She really rubs me the wrong way, but she can play. Sorta like a certain ex-UConn player who also spends a lot of the time crying to the refs. Like height, you can't teach that kind of competiveness. Definitely a Jersey girl, though I don't know which exit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom