My favorite moment from yesterday's game | The Boneyard

My favorite moment from yesterday's game

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I agree 100%. Maybry is an unlikable player. Loved seeing Napheesa clap at her as Maybry went to her bench. It was also funny to see her run into Kia a bit - being a hockey player, or coming from a hockey family, I could see Kia was easily ready to mix it up given Maybry's aggressiveness.

No one is as tough as Nurse, but I would not want to mess with Pheesa!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Glad I was not the only one who enjoyed that moment immensely.

13009367.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was maybe 80' away yelling: give her a technical! She is soooo easy to dislike.... But UConn will see her again, and she'll remember this.

Never saw this side of Pheesa before....that devilish grin....

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I was maybe 80' away yelling: give her a technical! She is soooo easy to dislike.... But UConn will see her again, and she'll remember this.

I believe it was LaChina Robinson who last year said, "Napheesa has a baby face but she is a KILLER."

Reaction Score
Not wanting to dislike her but there's something about her. It might date back to two years ago when as a freshman she got PO'd at the tight D Mo was putting on her and she sort of blew up and MM took her out of the game to cool off. Doris commented the next year that if you get in this kid's grill you can rile her. You have to give this kid credit though, as much as it hurts to say it but she's a perfect example of taking a kid with limited natural athletic ability and if you practice real hard and repeat something enough times you can be good/great at it.

Plebe

Reaction Score
About Mabrey, I'm struck by the fact that the two most noteworthy performances of her college career have come in the state of Connecticut. Her freshman coming-out party was when she exploded in the first half at UConn, and then she was shut down in the 2nd half by Moriah. Here she looked unconscious in the first half as well, before cooling down the stretch. The kid has moxie, I have to hand her that.

Reaction Score
Not wanting to dislike her but there's something about her. It might date back to two years ago when as a freshman she got PO'd at the tight D Mo was putting on her and she sort of blew up and MM took her out of the game to cool off. Doris commented the next year that if you get in this kid's grill you can rile her. You have to give this kid credit though, as much as it hurts to say it but she's a perfect example of taking a kid with limited natural athletic ability and if you practice real hard and repeat something enough times you can be good/great at it.
Muffet is really good at recruiting and coaching up those kids to compliment the super-talented (usually) guards that she recruits. That's a Philly b-ball thing: be tough, know your role precisely, maximize what you've been born with.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
About Mabrey, I'm struck by the fact that the two most noteworthy performances of her college career have come in the state of Connecticut. Her freshman coming-out party was when she exploded in the first half at UConn, and then she was shut down in the 2nd half by Moriah. Here she looked unconscious in the first half as well, before cooling down the stretch. The kid has moxie, I have to hand her that.

ND pushing for a rule change that all games should be 1/2 long. :rolleyes:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

A lot of fans in the video clip were calling for a T. I actually would have given the choke sign which I think was well deserved.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Doris hit the nail on the head with Mabrey. Get in her face/ kitchen or grill or whatever you want to call it and she looses her composure. Pheesa's clapping was the perfect way to get to Mabrey. And that's all part of the game. Mabrey has an attitude and she shows it off regularly. She was working the officials the entire game. On that particular play, I think she was very close to getting a technical. Refs are only going to take so much jawing from a player.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I’m not hung up on Mabrey. She played well yesterday. What I absolutely love about that play is that sweet, innocent Napheesa Collier showed some absolute, “in your face” attitude. I’m liking it a lot and hope to see more. :)

Reaction Score
OK, so much for the "violence." Unless Kia rips the ball away and dislocates the opponent's shoulder, I'm underwhelmed (happened once against Ohio State). My favorite moment didn't result in a score. It was performed by Megan Walker in the 4th quarter as she drove down the middle of the lane, was fouled, did a 1-80 in the air and dropped the ball into the net. The basket was waved off, but the beauty of the move, the sheer athleticism, confidence, and elegance made me gasp. Can you imagine what this young lady holds in store for us? I can still picture her hanging in the air in perfect control. Beautiful!

Plebe

Reaction Score
A bit of a tangent here: Has anyone heard whether UConn and ND intend to renew their series? (I believe this is the last of the four-year series that began in 2014.)

Reaction Score
OK, so much for the "violence." Unless Kia rips the ball away and dislocates the opponent's shoulder, I'm underwhelmed (happened once against Ohio State). My favorite moment didn't result in a score. It was performed by Megan Walker in the 4th quarter as she drove down the middle of the lane, was fouled, did a 1-80 in the air and dropped the ball into the net. The basket was waved off, but the beauty of the move, the sheer athleticism, confidence, and elegance made me gasp. Can you imagine what this young lady holds in store for us? I can still picture her hanging in the air in perfect control. Beautiful!
I saw that as well, and was surprised that no one commented. I know the game was high stress at that moment ( so broadcasters were focused on the foul ) but Megan really showed something with that move.

Reaction Score
If that were earlier in the game it very well could have been a T, but at this particular point in the game would have been highly controversial so I'm glad they didn't call it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom